Special Viper only Run group offer with NASA July 13th

Started by ViperX, June 25, 2008, 01:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad News

Woops, I mean Sun. 6/13. We're new to the track too.   <t We'll take all the instruction and help we can get, and hope we're not too slow to be honorable Viper drivers.  Paul & Pam
'01 Red RT10

ViperX

Hey Pam,

You can modify your posts, just click modify, then make your changes.

Cool that you are posting.

Hope to see you Sunday, July 13 at Willow.

Dan  <2

Bad News

Check's in the mail, Paul's double checking the car, and now we want to ask if we can have an instructor (we plan to share the car) This is getting more exciting by the moment and I'm getting kinda nervous.  We're studying the track map and those tight turns look pretty, well, tight!  Are you sure you want me on this track?  (Deep breath, I can do it!)  Pam
'01 Red RT10

racecars

>g

Hey Pam,

Arlene drove on this track for about 10 years >v plus many other tracks. No big deal ( you go faster on the street than you will on the track  ^8 ^8 ^8 Pictures below is Arlene @ Willow Springs

OGO  O O O

ViperX

Hi Pam and others,

I recommend that all drivers who have not tracked their car or who have not driven this track before have an instructor in the car with them.  I've put together a list of drivers and sent it to NASA so that they will have a number of "in car" instructors available - you are on that list along with many other drivers.

Dan

NK BREKR

Hey Dan,

I've never been on this track would you please add me to the list of those needing "in car" instruction.

Thanks.

Speedy Gonzales

hey dan,

do we need to regester for nasa or just come up
Chris
AMS Flooring

PCH VIPER

I know most of the guys will be heading up on Sat....but for those who are heading up early Sunday morning....

Meet at Spaghettini's in Seal Beach at 5:00am.    Leave prmptly at 5:15 Take the 605 to the 5 fwy and exit at Roxford in Sylmar to meet Art and Ben around 5:45 leave there at  6:00.

Lance
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Art,

Got you covered with an instructor.

Chris,

Here's the plan and schedule so far:

All of us will need to register with NASA when we get to the track after we've had our cars "teched" by NASA.  We will all start as members of the So Cal Viper run group and run together in the first session.

Mandatory drivers meeting at 7:45 AM for all drivers.

All of our first timers to this or any track will need to attend the first HPDE 1 drivers meeting.  This will be a very educational meeting for our rookie drivers.  You, Tim, Ben, Rev, Jonathan, myself and other experienced drivers will not need to attend this meeting.

We should all try and park together - which may be a bit of a challenge.  Our So Cal Viper group will plan to meet at my red trailer at 9:00 AM (Jonathan's trailer has AC, so maybe we'll meet there - he will be parked next to me).  We need to disucss our first session, lead / follow, passing zones, etc.  Our So Cal Viper group's first session starts at 9:45 AM.

We will plan to meet again after our first session to see how everyone is doing.  I can't tell at this point but I'm going to guess that some of our rookies may wish to drive the second session in HPDE 1 (a slower group).  They will be given the opportunity to move to HPDE 1 at that time.

HPDE 1's second session begins at 11:15 AM.  Our second session begins at 11:40 AM.

I'll be emailing this info to our group tomorrow.

Glad you can make this.

Dan

Speedy Gonzales

Chris
AMS Flooring

SoCal Rebell

Quote from: PWinters on July 08, 2008, 08:48:25 AM
Check's in the mail, Paul's double checking the car, and now we want to ask if we can have an instructor (we plan to share the car) This is getting more exciting by the moment and I'm getting kinda nervous.  We're studying the track map and those tight turns look pretty, well, tight!  Are you sure you want me on this track?  (Deep breath, I can do it!)  Pam

Don't worry, you will have a blast. The track is safe with a lot of run off. Have an instructor and drive within your limits and ask LOTS of questions. I have about 2,500 laps at Willow Springs so I will be able to answer any questions. Some things to do in advance:

Torque you lugnuts to 90 lbs. if you don't have a torque wrench ask some on at the track to borrow one.
Tire presurres to about 29-30 lbs for beginner/novices
Remove all loose objects and floor mats.
Check oil.
Bring a cooler with lots of fluids!!! I cannot stress this enough, hydrate, long sleeves & pants and a helmet and adrenaline = HOT
Sun screen should do it.

RON

SoCal Rebell

Quote from: PCH VIPER on July 09, 2008, 08:14:27 PM
I know most of the guys will be heading up on Sat....but for those who are heading up early Sunday morning....

Meet at Spaghettini's in Seal Beach at 5:00am.    Leave prmptly at 5:15 Take the 605 to the 5 fwy and exit at Roxford in Sylmar to meet Art and Ben around 5:45 leave there at  6:00.

Lance

Rocman and I are leaving from the 14 & Sand Cyn. in his '08 ACR, are you familiar with that exit in Santa Clarita? We meet at the Dennys there right at the exit/entrance if you wanna hook up, at 6:15, from on Dennys to another  ^2

RON

PCH VIPER

Hey Ron,
I'll look it up....we can certainly swing through and meet up with you guys.

Lance
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

NK BREKR

Hey Lance,

I'm familiar with the area and definitely know the Denny's Ron is talking about.  We can pick them up, the more the merrier. >r