Special Viper only Run group offer with NASA July 13th

Started by ViperX, June 25, 2008, 01:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Ditto what Art said; someone was smiling on us for the afternoon run.  A breeze came up and it cooled down about 15 degrees.

I took Sean Gorney for a ride during session three and he was quiet the entire ride (he had just run in a race prepped Mustang with his dad's instructor).  Later during our cool down lap, all he could say was WOW, I gotta get me one of these!  He said there was no comparison between the Mustang and the Viper on the track.  Sorry Tom, the boy is now "Viperized".

I invited Manny Coats to run with us in the last session in his race Honda.  Manny is very fast in that car though he was having some handling issues that day.  Rev, Chris and I were on a mission to run faster than Manny (can't get beaten by a Honda Civic when you're in a Viper).  Manny was running 1:37's according to his GPS timer, so we followed him for a couple of laps to check his line, then blew by him in the front straight and never saw him again (thanks to some blocking by Chris and Peter)!

Chris's tires were going away, so he had an interesting slide / catch / slide after turn six that I watched in my rear view mirror while going about 100 mph.  I chased Rev pretty hard, had him in my sites for the last 4 or 5 laps but just couldn't catch him.  Damn that guy's fast.  I'd guess we were both running 1:34's during that last session.

Everyone who stayed made huge improvements.  Art was hauling butt like he said (look out fast Eddie), Pete Martin ran very well for a first timer, Jeff Gaines ran very well, Peter Picked up the pace (despite being surprised by seeing a Honda Civic in his rear veiw mirror), Scott Hirco was haulin' too.  Lots of fun for all and no one went off track.

Hope to see every one at Viper Days.  You guys now have a head start on the rest of our rookie pack.

Dan  <2

NK BREKR

Lance,

Like is an understatement...I LOVES DEM!  >g <L <2

PCH VIPER

Good deal !   

Sounds to me like a roll bar painted the same orange and some 6 points should be the next mod.

(followed by permanent car #'s on the door)   >w

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

PCH VIPER

NK BREKR

Quote from: PCH VIPER on July 14, 2008, 12:16:42 PM
Good deal !   

Sounds to me like a roll bar painted the same orange and some 6 points should be the next mod.

(followed by permanent car #'s on the door)   >w

I don't have the bucks, but if I did I probably would, speed is addictive especially when you don't have to worry about CHP.

SoCal Rebell

I hadda blast, I regret not getting to run in the Viper group and "play" with some of the hot shoes, but I hadda let Rocman drive his ACR sometime  >w HPDE 4 was fun though. It was great running with you guys but it was greater hot lapping the ACR  ^8, high 1:29s are in the future, see ya at VD.

BTW, Art I got your email and true I will never forget our first meeting  <B

Ron

ViperX

Wing and Splitter arrived from Autoform last week - didn't have time to install them.

Will have them on before Viper Days, so it'll be Old ACR (my 2001) vs New ACR.

I just hope I can keep up.

Dan

Rocman

Kala

Quote from: NK BREKR on July 14, 2008, 07:23:32 AM

Kala thanks for taking the awesome pictures, hope your knee feels better.

Thanks Art... I'm gonna go have it looked at tomorrow...
Cathy's gonna kill me for the # of photos I took and loaded on her thumb drive  >:D

I loaded some to my .mac space. I can't seem to get them to show up on Firefox.
No problem with the other browsers...

These are not cropped or color corrected...
http://web.mac.com/vonlieberhund/loverotts/WSIR.html

Anyone who wants photos, I got a bunch of every car. e mail your car # and I'll forward what I have.  [email protected]

Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

SoCal Rebell

Quote from: ViperX on July 14, 2008, 06:33:19 PM
Wing and Splitter arrived from Autoform last week - didn't have time to install them.

Will have them on before Viper Days, so it'll be Old ACR (my 2001) vs New ACR.

I just hope I can keep up.

Dan

I'll errrrrrrrr Rocman will have the car dialed in also, track splitter on, corner weighted, track alignment and motons adjusted. Oh and a full Balenger exhaust system  <B

Rocman

Quote from: SoCal Rebell on July 14, 2008, 08:10:34 PM
I'll errrrrrrrr Rocman will have the car dialed in also, track splitter on, corner weighted, track alignment and motons adjusted. Oh and a full Balenger exhaust system  <B

>m

PCH VIPER

Hey Ron,
It was nice to finally meet you.

You are one lucky dog to have those kinda privelages with Rocman's ACR.
I felt kinda guilty just taking pictures without asking.

Hope to see you again soon,
Lance

PCH VIPER

Great pictures Kala....
You're hired and appointed new club photographer.  This means that you are now obligated to show up to every event !   >v   Trust me, it's a great gig....I do it for free ( and so will you !)

You may want to adjust the color saturation a bit though....seems like most of the cars had an awful blue hue to them all....especially around the headlights.   >w

Thanks for picking up the slack while I was out enjoying myself.

Kala

Quote from: PCH VIPER on July 14, 2008, 08:35:06 PM
Great pictures Kala....
You're hired and appointed new club photographer.  This means that you are now obligated to show up to every event !   >v   Trust me, it's a great gig....I do it for free ( and so will you !)

You may want to adjust the color saturation a bit though....seems like most of the cars had an awful blue hue to them all....especially around the headlights.   >w

Thanks for picking up the slack while I was out enjoying myself.

No way Lance  >s  >u

Blue Hue???? You're a Nikon Man now.... There's no stinking blue hue...  ^8
Nikon perfection is all I see.

Here's some photos I posted... another page without the slideshow.

http://web.mac.com/vonlieberhund/loverotts/WSIR_Photos.html
Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

ViperX

Ron / Rocman,

You will have more horse power than me (in my GTS) with the full Belanger system on an 08.  I may have a slight advantage in torque.  It will be fun to run together again regardless of the outcome.

Hope to see you guys at  Viper Days.

Dan

PS   You guys should have heard Kala laugh out loud as we went around turn 2 at speed.  She was having a blast riding in my GTS.  That's my kinda gal (no offense).  I've had several guys get close to puking (had to stop once after only two laps) when I took them for a ride around the track at 75 - 80% speed.  Get well so that you can drive.  I know you're going to love it.

PPS  I've asked Ron to try and help set up a Viper run group at Cal Speedway in Fontana on the "Roval" with Speed Ventures on Nov 22 & 23.  Please let me know if you are interested.