Special Viper only Run group offer with NASA July 13th

Started by ViperX, June 25, 2008, 01:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hey Gang,

Here are the details.

Our track day is on for Sunday, July 13 only if I can get enough folks to commit to this event ASAP.  Price for our group is $1500.00 for the day.  We will need at least 10 cars to get our own run group and 15 would be better.  All of the cars don't all have to be Vipers, we will accept a few of our close friends and families cars, but you must know the disposition of the driver.

This is not a race, it is a high performance driving event.  We plan to have fun and help other Viper owners enjoy their cars at the track in a safe manner.  We will set up our own passing rules and operate much like NASA would with a driver's meeting in the morning before we go out and driver's meetings after each run group.

We will plan to do lead / follow (newer guys can follow the more experienced guys) in small groups during our first session.  If, after you have run the first session, you are not comfortable running with the Vipers, you may go down to HPDE 1 or NASA's beginner group.  The most important aspect of this is that you are comfortable driving your car on the track.

Safety is our primary concern and neither NASA or the Viper Club will have any bad behavior on the track.   

Please let me know ASAP if you want to go.  Send a check for $150.00 per car to us made payable to the So Cal Viper Club.

This is a very rare opportunity for track time with your Viper friends.  I urge any of you that are interested to come out and see just how good your Viper really is on a road course.

Drivers:

Art P   Paid
Ben K   Paid
Chris S (AZ)   
Dan E   Paid
Jeff Gaines
Jonathan Martinez   
Kala   
Lance K   Paid
Mark Kasparoff
Noel V   Paid
Noel's brother   Paid
Noel's nieghbor   Paid
Paul & Pam Winters  Paid
Peter Hausherr
Pete Martin
Rev   
Ron Wasserman   
Scott H   Paid
Weston Wellington

Ricky   ?
Warwick R ?   
Vic R ?   
Kobi S ?   
Michael Pickett ?

Thanks,

Dan  <2

The plan would be:

Caravan to the track from DC Performance - get the cars tech'd
Go to a local Mexican restaurant for dinner - great food!
Check into the hotel where there is two free drinks at the bar (soda or cocktail)
Meet for breakfast - which is included with the room - then caravan back to the track for the day
If interested, on the way home is a "Dave's Big BBQ" for more great food to fill us up as we head home.

Hotel Info:

Best Western Antelope Valley Inn – Willow Springs Raceway rate $89.99 per night
44055 Sierra Highway, Lancaster, California, 93534-4412
Phone: 661-948-4651         Fax: 661-948-4532   

Comes with fridge & microwave, complimentary breakfast buffet & 2-drinks at happy-hour.

HOTEL WEBSITE:  http://avinnandconference-px.trvlclick.com/

MAP TO HOTEL: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=44055+Sierra+Highway,+++Lancaster,+California,+93534&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=61.19447,89.648437&ie=UTF8&ll=34.685487,-118.141222&spn=0.031866,0.067635&z=15

MAP TO WSIR:  http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=101041611278117508692.000450ff34e7566b44ed5&ll=34.866497,-118.229456&spn=0.065423,0.163422&z=14

Kadeuces

Dan,

Im in.  >v

I also wanted to do the dyno day too, so I may have to go Sunday only also.  Hmmmm....decisions decisions.

Kobi

NK BREKR

Dan,

If you're able to get the Sunday only deal as you mentioned during K1, count me in. >s

Kobi,

Don't forget the rotors.

ViperX

Hey Guys,

Interest has been pretty good so far.

I'm working on getting a Sunday only deal right now with 4 sessions for our group due to the dyno days event.  Dyno days helps the club raise money, so it's got priority.  We can drive up to the track after the Dyno Day at DC, watch the cars run a bit, get our cars "teched" and then go to dinner.

Keep in mind that all cars will need to pass a tech inspection at NASA.  Tires and brakes should be in good condition and fluids should be fresh and full.  You will need a fire rated helmet (Snell 2000 or better), long cotton pants and closed toed shoes  NASA has allowed SRT-10s to run without a roll bar in the past, so this shouldn't be an issue.

We may want to allow some other cars to join us (family members and close friends?) to help offset the costs but please be careful in your selections.  Make sure you know the folks that you consider asking to join us. 

We can set up a driver's meeting before our first run group - I can lead that disucssion.  We will need to discuss driving line, passing, track etiquette, etc.  If at least Ben, Rev and I go, we can set up three lead  / follow groups for the first session and debrief after.  This will really help first timers.  We can take a few inexperienced guys, no problem, especially in Vipers.  This should be fun as long as everyone stays within their comfort zone.

I'll let you guys know how this progresses.

Dan

ViperX

OK Guys,

Here are the details.

Our track day is on for Sunday, July 13 only if I can get enough folks to commit to this event ASAP.  Price for our group is $1500.00 for the day.  We will need at least 10 cars to get our own run group and 15 would be better.  All of the cars don't all have to be Vipers, we will accept a few of our close friends and families cars, but you must know the dispostion of the driver.

This is not a race, it is a high performance driving event.  We plan to have fun and help other Viper owners enjoy their cars at the track in a safe manner.  We will set up our own passing rules and operate much like NASA would with a driver's meeting in the morning before we go out and driver's meetings after each run group.

We will plan to do lead / follow (newer guys can follow the more experienced guys) in small groups during our first session.  If, after you have run the first session, you are not comfortable running with the Vipers, you may go down to HPDE 1 or NASA's beginner group.  The most important aspect of this is that you are comfortable driving your car on the track.

Safety is our primary concern and neither NASA or the Viper Club will have any bad behavior on the track.   

Please let me know ASAP if you want to go.  Send a check for $150.00 per car to us made payable to the So Cal Viper Club.

This is a very rare opportunity for track time with your Viper friends.  I urge any of you that are interested to come out and see just how good your Viper really is on a road course.

Thanks,

Dan

PCH VIPER

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make the Sunday session.
I'm trying to get a few other guys as well.
15 shouldn't be too hard to get.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Banzai Ben

2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

ViperX

Boy, It's sure nice to have some help.  Thanks Lance, this could be a lot of fun. 

As mentioned above, I think we should plan this around intermediate / beginner levels for the first two sessions at least.

Ben, thanks.  I'm kinda hoping you can be one of our lead / follow leaders.  You have more experience at Willow than any one else in our group and you're likely our best driver.  Let me know if this is not OK.

I'll plan to lead a group and have Rev lead a group too.

Please advise the guys that it will be $150.00 for each car to start.  The total cost is $1500.00, so if for example, we get 15 cars, I'll have the club refund everyone's money appropriately.  Actually, 20 is a good size group too, lots of room for 20 cars on this track, so that would be OK too.

Dan

NK BREKR

Dan,
I'm in.  Thanks for putting this together.  Big thanks to Rev, Ben and Lance for helping out.

Kala

This track day is probably over my head, driving wise...  >m

The only track time I have was at VOI 9....

BUT, I would be into going, paying the track fee, if I could take a few rides/laps to see what its all about...  <E

I'd love to learn some more about my car.

Could this work for everyone? should I wait for another time...

Or is this like Texas Hold em, you'd love to take my $  >g
Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

NK BREKR

Come on down Kala.  You can go at your own pace.  If Dan, Ben or Rev are driving too fast you have the option of going down to the beginners group.  You'll love being on the track.

ViperX

Kala,

You really should come if you can make it. 

We are planning to start the first two sessions with lead / follow excercises.  In fact, I plan on challenging the rookies in the group to run all of the turns at a speed of 55 mph for the first two laps without braking.  No faster / no slower.  All of our cars will easily do this, but it may feel a bit uncomfortable to some beginners.  We will speed up in the straights, but then go back to 55 mph for the turns on the second lap.

We will then speed things up a bit, but you can still run at your own pace.  NASA will have instructors available for us and you can move to the HPDE 1 driving group after the first session if you are uncomfortable.

One of the best things about this group is that it will be (mostly) people that you know or who are of a like mind.  Safety and keeping our cars nice is very important to our group.

If you really don't want to drive, I'm sure that we can arrange a ride for you in one of our more experienced driver's cars.  You will need a proper helmet, long cotton pants and a cotton shirt.  NASA will likely let us go with short sleeve shirts during this event but bring long sleeves just in case.

Dan  8)

admin

The plan would be:

Caravan to the track from DC Performance - get the cars tech'd
Go to a local Mexican restaurant for dinner - great food!
Check into the hotel where there is two free drinks at the bar (this could even be soda)
Meet for breakfast - which is included with the room - then caravan back to the track for the day
If interested, on the way home is a "Dave's Big BBQ" for more great food to fill us up as we head home.

Hotel Info:

Best Western Antelope Valley Inn – Willow Springs Raceway rate $89.99 per night
44055 Sierra Highway, Lancaster, California, 93534-4412
Phone: 661-948-4651         Fax: 661-948-4532   

Comes with fridge & microwave, complimentary breakfast buffet & 2-drinks at happy-hour.

HOTEL WEBSITE:  http://avinnandconference-px.trvlclick.com/

MAP TO HOTEL: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=44055+Sierra+Highway,+++Lancaster,+California,+93534&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=61.19447,89.648437&ie=UTF8&ll=34.685487,-118.141222&spn=0.031866,0.067635&z=15

MAP TO WSIR:  http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=101041611278117508692.000450ff34e7566b44ed5&ll=34.866497,-118.229456&spn=0.065423,0.163422&z=14

Kala

Thanks Dan,
I would like to drive as well, just didn't know that there were other rookies going.
I didn't want to be the slow jerk making everyone crazy by not driving faster  <o

IF I could get a ride with someone more experienced for a lap or two, that might teach me a lot too...

I'll bring my Nikon, with a telephoto lens. Do I need my wide angle lens?

Pay at the track, or fax CC???

Thanks!
Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

racecars

>g >g

OGO your Track Tech Day director >k will be there to help with my over 20 years of track time at Willow Springs

Some things to check:
brake fuild (clean)
brake pads
Tire pressures
torque wheels (90 ft lbs min)
Remove loose objects from inside the car & trunk
Clean underwear  ^8 ^8 ^8 ^8
Have Fun >v >v >v

OGO  O O O