Drive Auto Club Speedway, Fontana with Speed Ventures Nov 17, 18

Started by ViperX, July 26, 2012, 12:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hey Gang,

Come out and stretch your Viper's legs at Auto Club Speedway running their "Roval" configuration which includes an infield road course along with about 1/2 of the high speed oval.

This "Speed Ventures" high performance driving event offers run groups for beginners, intermediate and advanced drivers.

Instruction is available through Speed Ventures.

This is a great opportunity to run closer to home and save on hotel expense.

For more info or to sign up, go to:  www.speedventures.com

See you at the track,

Dan  <2

Driver's list:

Dan
Chris
Scott P
Gary
Derek
Derek's Dad
Leo
Peter H
Ben
Scott H

G-Force aka Garry G

I am in!

Derek

Leo

ViperX

Quote from: Leo on August 26, 2012, 05:52:34 PM
I'm in, do we know when registration opens? 

Check the Speed Ventures website for more info:

www.speedventures.com

Dan  <2

JonathanL

Hey Dan, count me in for willow springs and this.

I am not sure about button willow since it is a lot further for me. Plus, with the time spacing, WS and Fontana should give me a good "break" in between.

ViperX

Quote from: JonathanL on August 27, 2012, 03:00:34 PM
Hey Dan, count me in for willow springs and this.

I am not sure about button willow since it is a lot further for me. Plus, with the time spacing, WS and Fontana should give me a good "break" in between.

Sounds like a plan.

I'll speak with Jim Saxton on getting you a preferred instructor.

See you at the track,

Dan

Leo

Magnus

This would be fun. I've never tracked before. Will my '03 original run-flat tires suffice for my first track experience? And what is typically the pricing on instruction?

Do you guys insure your cars for track days?

Banzai Ben

I'd recommend new tires. Your original '03 tires  are probably pretty hard and won't provide much traction so kinda dangerous.
They would be great for drifting though!
Why don't you come out to the autocross this Saturday in Palm Springs? It would be a safe place to test out the limits of you and your car, only thing you can hit are cones, no concrete walls.
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

Scottp

Certainly need new tires, as a rule of thumb anything past 24 months old for tracking purposes is not recommended. Fontana is a pretty fast track, so vehicle safety is critical - not a time to economize.

The Viper is a lot of car - give it Love and it will be an experience like never before.

Scottp

Magnus

Thanks for the advice. I'll see you out in Palm Springs tomorrow!

ViperX

Magnus,

As above on the Run Flats - get rid of them ASAP.  They are very hard and dangerous on the street by now, especially in colder weather.  If I were going to buy new tires, I'd call Chris at Viper Parts America.  You will want the OE Viper tires with the C-1 Sidewall designation in OE sizes.  These offer the best all around grip (street, track wet, etc.) of all available OE tires for your Viper.

ACS Fontana is a great track to run the first time out and instruction is free.  Just take it easy and follow your instructors directions.

Go to www.speedventures.com for more info and to sign up.

See you at the track,

Dan  <2

ViperX

Just signed up for this event.

Weather looks good.

We should try to get garages together.

See you at the track.

Dan  <2

Magnus

Thanks for the advice Dan. I ordered a set of Michelin Super Sports today (before reading your post), and will hopefully have them installed early next week.

Do you think it will fill up quickly? If possible I'd like to wait to register until I'm sure I'll get new tires on. I'll have to get a tow hook as well, and then I should be all set.