Drive Auto Club Speedway, Fontana with Speed Ventures Nov 17, 18

Started by ViperX, July 26, 2012, 12:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedtactics

Magnus,
You may want to sell your old run flats to Newport Dave. He is always looking for another set.  ^1
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

ViperX

Quote from: Magnus on November 05, 2012, 05:34:51 PM
Thanks for the advice Dan. I ordered a set of Michelin Super Sports today (before reading your post), and will hopefully have them installed early next week.

The Super Sports are good street tires that should wear well.  They are also OK for light track duty, so you should enjoy them.

Do you think it will fill up quickly? If possible I'd like to wait to register until I'm sure I'll get new tires on. I'll have to get a tow hook as well, and then I should be all set.

It's looking pretty light right now, but does tend to fill up quickly during the last week.

Dan

Jay M

Magnus, did you find out if you can take your convertible on the Roval?  From looking at the Speed Ventures site, it looks like you need a real roll bar.

I plan to go as a spectator, and maybe do the Auto-X.

~Jay
2004 Convertible, Red, custom tan interior

Magnus

Hmm, no I didn't check. I see there's another '03 registered for Saturday. I just sent Speedventures an email.

Matthew

Hey guys. Just joined so Cal Viper in October. Plan on attending the event. Have a exhaust leak on my new ACRX headers at the collector. Im a little concerned. Going to try to get the car dropped off at a little performance shop in Hemet to get the headers fixed... and maybe put on the dyno.  REALLY looking forward to it!

Scottp

I ran my 04 convertable with no rollbar many times at Fontana, shouldn't be a problem.  I would confirm with Speed Venture to make sure the rules haven't changed since then. 

Speed Venture does a good job and run safe events.  It'll be a good experience for you!

Scottp

Banzai Ben

Quote from: Matthew on November 07, 2012, 07:58:55 PM
Hey guys. Just joined so Cal Viper in October. Plan on attending the event. Have a exhaust leak on my new ACRX headers at the collector. Im a little concerned. Going to try to get the car dropped off at a little performance shop in Hemet to get the headers fixed... and maybe put on the dyno.  REALLY looking forward to it!

Welcome Matthew! Look forward to meeting you and your car.
I plan on being there Saturday with my '99 GTS. Yours has nitrous?
Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

Matthew

Yes. Has a 150 shot for the strip. Never had it on the track. Previous owner built it for the track, Penski suspension, sport cup tires. Car should do good. Not to comfident about the driver!! Yet.

Banzai Ben

I would recommend just taking it slow and using an instructor. Sport Cup tires are great when new but if they are older then they tend to be a little slippery. Make sure you get them warm before you start pushing it. Don't think you'll need the nitrous unless you want to drag race someone on the straights to pass.

I've done many track events with my '08 ACR and previous cars but this will be my first track event with my '99 GTS so I'll also be taking it slow.

See you there.

Magnus

Quote from: Jay M on November 07, 2012, 09:30:28 AM
Magnus, did you find out if you can take your convertible on the Roval?  From looking at the Speed Ventures site, it looks like you need a real roll bar.

I plan to go as a spectator, and maybe do the Auto-X.

~Jay

Aaron at Speed Ventures just confirmed convertibles are allowed as long as they have factory roll hoops. I'm signed up for the event now!

10 BANGR

Hey Dan,
Are convertables required to have a roll bar.

Demoe
Demoe - 2006 SRT10 VERT BLACK / GRAPHITE METALLIC STRIPES

Banzai Ben

Just signed up for Saturday only.

Demoe, you are good to go if you have factory roll hoops as stated in one of the previous posts.

See you guys there,

Ben

Matthew

Quote from: Banzai Ben on November 08, 2012, 06:14:07 AM
I would recommend just taking it slow and using an instructor. Sport Cup tires are great when new but if they are older then they tend to be a little slippery. Make sure you get them warm before you start pushing it. Don't think you'll need the nitrous unless you want to drag race someone on the straights to pass.

I've done many track events with my '08 ACR and previous cars but this will be my first track event with my '99 GTS so I'll also be taking it slow.

See you there.
NICE. Can't wait to see both of your Vipers...lucky guy! Yeah, I'll be taking it easy the first couple laps. You're right those sport cup tires are like driving on a slip-n-slide until they're warm. What class will you be running with? I have a feeling this is going to be a little addicting.

Banzai Ben

Matt,
I'll be running in the green group, intermediate-advanced. The really fast guys, Garry, Chris, Dan, and Scott will be in the red group.
See you there,
Ben

Newport Viper

Quote from: Hirkophoto on November 05, 2012, 06:02:10 PM
Magnus,
You may want to sell your old run flats to Newport Dave. He is always looking for another set.  ^1

Why thank you :)

I might actually come out to the track! Waiting to hear from my new employer on my avalibility for that weekend.

Question ....being in the beginners group how many runs do you get and, at what time is the event wrapped up that day??
04 SRT-10