Drive Auto Club Speedway, Fontana with Speed Ventures Nov 17, 18

Started by ViperX, July 26, 2012, 12:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banzai Ben

You get four 25 min sessions. Depends on which run group you are in but usually ends around 3:30-4:30.
You can always skip the last session though and cut out early.

Got a garage space and requested they put all the Viper garage spaces next to each other. Hope that's okay with you other guys with garage spaces, if not then let them know when you get there. Anyone without a garage is welcome to keep there stuff in mine.

See you there,
Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

Jay M

Quote from: Magnus on November 08, 2012, 04:20:35 PM
Aaron at Speed Ventures just confirmed convertibles are allowed as long as they have factory roll hoops. I'm signed up for the event now!

That's great that you can drive!  But, be sure to keep the dirty side down, those hoops behind your seats are made of aluminum and aren't mounted to anything strong.  I think they are more for looks than real protection.

I plan to see you there, though, I think I'll remain a spectator. 

~Jay
2004 Convertible, Red, custom tan interior

1HOTACR

Quote from: Jay M on November 12, 2012, 10:57:45 AM
That's great that you can drive!  But, be sure to keep the dirty side down, those hoops behind your seats are made of aluminum and aren't mounted to anything strong.  I think they are more for looks than real protection.

I plan to see you there, though, I think I'll remain a spectator. 

~Jay
Jay.... Come out and drive Willow Springs January 5th... <1
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

Jay M

Quote from: 1HOTV10 on November 13, 2012, 06:20:13 PM
Jay.... Come out and drive Willow Springs January 5th... <1

Definitely!  I'm really looking forward to that.  Very few walls at Willow :)

I need a few things for my car first, maybe tow hooks and a fire extinguisher. 

~Jay

Derek

at willow springs will my stock roll bars work? or do i need a full on legit roll cage to drive that event?
Me and my dad both really want to go but im not going to drive all that way just to be turned down because my roll bars are not super legit.

I did however get my fire extinguisher today thanks to scott! just installed it and it looks great! im a bit of a neat freak and i like to keep my car super duper clean so vacuuming it out with the fire extinguisher may be a bit of a hassle but safety first!

Derek

Also!

whats the address for this place and where do i register or sign up and pay for this event?
do i just show up on saturday and pay and register at the event? want to make sure i get to drive!

Leo

Hey Derek,

Here is a link to the website. Click the register button on the website to pay. http://www.speedventures.com/events/eventdetail.aspx?id=391

Auto Club Speedway is located at 9300 Cherry Ave., Fontana, CA 92335. Use the main entrance to the track off Cherry Ave. and, once through the gate, drive to the left side of the Speedway and then curve right to get to the tunnel which takes you into the interior of the track.

redtanrt10

Quote from: Derek on November 14, 2012, 06:23:54 PM
at willow springs will my stock roll bars work? or do i need a full on legit roll cage to drive that event?
Me and my dad both really want to go but im not going to drive all that way just to be turned down because my roll bars are not super legit.

I did however get my fire extinguisher today thanks to scott! just installed it and it looks great! im a bit of a neat freak and i like to keep my car super duper clean so vacuuming it out with the fire extinguisher may be a bit of a hassle but safety first!

Also!

whats the address for this place and where do i register or sign up and pay for this event?
do i just show up on saturday and pay and register at the event? want to make sure i get to drive!

Derek,

If your planning to run with the '96 GTS in the picture you don't need a roll bar.  The rollbar reference is for convertibles, most organizations won't allow convertibles to run unless they have a roll bar or stock rollover hoops, i.e. viper, porsche, bmw, mercedes.

If your a neat freak, buy and bring a couple of rolls of blue painters tape and tape up the front facia and the front sections of the side sills.  It will help prevent rock chips.

Here's a link to Willow Springs Raceway (as a note we'll run the "big" track, not the "streets" track.

I haven't seen any info about paying and ViperX told me the events may be extended to two days.  Keep an eye on this board for more info.  Mike

http://www.willowspringsraceway.com/

Matthew

Hey guys, FYI, plan on camping in the in-field Saturday night. Have another motorhome going with us (spectators). Come join us for cocktails by the camp fire. The fee is only $75 per motorhome.
Matt

Derek

Quote from: Leo on November 14, 2012, 09:46:36 PM
Hey Derek,

Here is a link to the website. Click the register button on the website to pay. http://www.speedventures.com/events/eventdetail.aspx?id=391

Auto Club Speedway is located at 9300 Cherry Ave., Fontana, CA 92335. Use the main entrance to the track off Cherry Ave. and, once through the gate, drive to the left side of the Speedway and then curve right to get to the tunnel which takes you into the interior of the track.

thanks for the info i just signed up and registered!
gonna be a lot of fun! can't wait!!!!!!!!!

Speedtactics

Hey guys it was great to see you at the track today. Here are the photos I shot posted on my web site: http://www.hirkophoto.com/p205808063
Feel free to download what you want by mousing over the photo and a little menu will appear in the top left of the image, then click download for the high res files. Enjoy. Here are a few from today.

Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

Jay M

What a great day... sorry I missed it, it rained all day long in Santa Clarita.  I'm glad you had good weather.

Scott, thanks the pictures... awesome, as usual!  They did their job, they made me not want to miss the next event.

~Jay

Derek

Great pics scott!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sooooooooooo much FUN!
learned a lot more about my car and how to drive it!
Big thanks to Dan for taking me out in his ACR and showing me what a viper is really capable of! Truly unreal! Ive never experienced anything quite like that before! hands down the most thrill ride adrenalin rush!

IM HOOKED!!!!!!   <2  =15

hemotox

a few shots from the stands

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

PCH VIPER

Thanks for posting pictures Scott and Eric !!!
Looks like everyone had a great time out there. >v

Sorry I missed it.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures