Feb.2nd - THE DRAGS AT IRWINDALE RACEWAY

Started by Pam, December 06, 2011, 08:15:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pam

<u

THE DRAGS AT IRWINDALE SPEEDWAY
THURSDAY EVENING, FEBRUARY 2nd
>2

If you've never had the thrill of Drag Racing your car at the strip, here is your chance!

Lyle Larson and DC Performance will be running a series of these Thursday Evening events throughout the year.  Lyle will be spending time with us before we stage the cars on the 1/8 mile track.  He will be teaching us the basics and etiquette of drag racing.  
We will be covering the basics of the lights, staging, and launching the Viper for maximum traction.   This will be a progressive series that will give us the skills to be good 1/8 and 1/4 milers.

Helmets ARE the only minimum requirement.
(Some of us will have a helmet we can share with those of you who don't yet own one, but if you can borrow one before arriving at the drags you'll be assured of being able to run your car as often as you want rather than waiting to share one)

Come out and run or just come support the Club and watch!  It's only $20 to run your car, $10 to watch!

Date:  February 2, 2012
Time:  Please try to arrive about 3:30 or by 4PM so you can be in the group that gets the special walk-through and briefing by Lyle.  The track is making special provisions for the Viper group!  Drags start at 5PM.
Where: Irwindale Speedway    http://www.toyotaspeedwayatirwindale.com/dragstrip/index.html
         500 Speedway Dr
         Irwindale   CA   91706     MAP TO SPEEDWAY
Cost: $20.00 for the night

Attending:

Lance
Anthony
Gary
Ben
Paul W.
Pam
Nino
Angel
Leo
Anhtuan
Lisa & Dave
Bruce
Tim
Jacque and Jane

Questions, comments or problems?  Email [email protected]

GaryW1

Hello Im new to V.C.A. and just bought my first viper and plan on attending as many events as possible. My question is Im wanting to attend but not sure about running till Im ready. Can I do that? I dont mind paying the fee even if I dont run, its  for a great cause. Im looing forward to meeting people who can show me the way.
2003 SRT PAXTON SUPERCHARGED ,LOPEY IDLE BLOWER CAM BALENGER CERAMIC HEADERS HIGH FLOW CATS CORSA CATBACK EXHAUST AND MORE

PCH VIPER

Welcome to the Club Gary !
Great to have you onboard and look forward to meeting you.
There will be no problem at all with coming out and checking things out at the Drags.
This will be our first session of the year and Lyle will be starting at square one with us, so it is the perfect time for you to come on out.  You won't be alone.

We have a couple of events coming in January and encourage you to come out to those as well to meet some of our members.

Lance
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Gary,

Learning to properly launch a stock Viper can be challenging.  Learning to launch a supercharged Viper can be even tougher.

You won't find a better place to begin that learning process or more folks with experience doing it who are willing to share their knowledge with you.

Also, starting at an 1/8 mile track is much easier and safer than running the full 1/4 mile.

Dan  <2

Banzai Ben

I'm in! At least with the eighth mile the splitter and wing won't slow me down as much.  >v
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

Pam

I don't expect to break any "speed records" but this is an opportunity to learn!  I enjoyed the chance to do the drags part at the car control clinic and would like to learn more about how the Viper feels and when to shift when it takes off from the launch.  Come on guys, you can all do WAYYYYY better than me, so come on and make a couple runs (or more) just to see how fun it is!  Lyle is a great teacher.  Pam

Pam

Lyle will meet with the guys at the drag strip and will let us know what all will be required.  We do know helmets will be, and for those of you who do not own one, we should have enough there that they can be shared.  I'll pick up some of the head socks so we'll have some if you have to borrow a helmet.  He said that the drag strip is very excited about our group coming out for this and are going all out for us!  They will walk us down the strip if we are there by 4PM, and will even bring us inside the tower so we can see how it works.  It will be a training and practice experience, so each Viper driver will be given personal instructions on how to properly launch your Viper at the lights.  Please check back here and on the original post for further info when Lyle gets it the end of the week.  Lyle is very fired up about this and excited about giving some of the Viper drivers this great opportunity to learn and have fun, so let's support this effort so we can do it again! 

ViperX

Wish I could make this one but have a work meeting that night!  Bad luck for me.

Good luck to all that attend.

Dan  <2

Nino Valmassoi

Please add Nino to the list.  I want to see what the 48 would do. <  Just kidding, I'm bring the 03.

VIPER28

PCH VIPER

I stopped in and visited with Lyle at DC Performance today.
He is working with the Track to make sure we are well taken care of that night.

We will get some very good instruction, hopefully get a chance to walk the track and definitely get some great passes in.   I'm excited to do this and hope we get quite a few people out, even though it is a Thursday evening.

Leo

Banzai Ben

Hey Angel,
You bringing the Viper or Camaro or Bike?  >m
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

Super Villain

I'll be there.  See you all at the track.
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

PCH VIPER

Thursday Night is coming up FAST !!!
Who else is coming out?

Make sure you bring your helmets !