Feb.2nd - THE DRAGS AT IRWINDALE RACEWAY

Started by Pam, December 06, 2011, 08:15:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad News

Lisa & Dave can't seem to log onto the site so have called me to let you all know that they will be at the Drags this Thursday, too! 
'01 Red RT10

Pam

=15
      Lyle from DC Performance just called and reminded me that I should let you all know that he would like to see us there about 3:30 Thursday afternoon... that's this COMING THURSDAY!!!  Wow, time creeps up on us.  We'll start our official tour of the strip, where they'll walk us down and show us where we should start shutting down, at 4PM.  The first cars start at the track at 5PM.  Lyle will bring a couple helmets to loan for those who don't own them, and Paul & I will loan ours, also, so we should be able to keep everyone who wants to drive out there on the track.  If any others of you have a loaner helmet, please contact me, Lyle or Lance!
      For those of you who have never done this before, this will be a hands-on, personal assisted training experience to teach you how to take off and run the 1/8 mile.  You don't have to worry about being the fastest; just learn to do it and have fun so you are prepared to run the drags at the VOI's and other events such as Car Control Clinics (where you will learn more).  For those who know what you're doing, it's an excellent opportunity to refresh your skills.  And for $20 to run as many times as you want, how can you beat that?
      Paul Winters has a helmet he has used only a couple times that he is willing to sell at a reasonable price.   Let me know if interested.  Pam
<2
Questions, comments or problems?  Email [email protected]

Ryan

Not new to Vipers, but new to VCA. These are the events I want to go to, and sounds fun for a first event!! However, I need new tires so I can't make it.

PCH VIPER

Come on out anyhow and enjoy the fun.
It would be great to meet you.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ACRBruce

Please count me in too, this is too close to home to pass up...  But I'm already feeling bad for my tires...

ACRBruce

Quote from: Ryan on January 30, 2012, 06:31:16 PM
Not new to Vipers, but new to VCA. These are the events I want to go to, and sounds fun for a first event!! However, I need new tires so I can't make it.

Ryan,
I have an extra set of SSR wheels w/ barely used Kumho V700 tires that I'm selling.  Contact me if interested.
Bruce 626 371 6667

Pam

I picked up a few of those medical hair covers (those blue throw-away head covers) so anyone who needs to borrow a helmet can use one of those before putting the helmet on. <1  See you there!  And come on, guys, try to come to this!  It will be fun.  And Lyle said that there's plenty of good food vendors there. Paul & I are new to this sort of thing, so having such good instruction available for beginners is fantastic.
>g
Questions, comments or problems?  Email [email protected]

black beauty

Ryan

Quote from: ACRBruce on January 30, 2012, 09:53:32 PM
Ryan,
I have an extra set of SSR wheels w/ barely used Kumho V700 tires that I'm selling.  Contact me if interested.
Bruce 626 371 6667

Thanks Bruce. My problem is I'm not sure what wheels I'll have. Oddly enough my brother was given a set of Gen III wheels, but my dad has them in New Mexico. Not sure when I'll be able to get them so it really comes down to if I buy some times for Gen II wheels or Gen III.

ViperX

Quote from: ACRBruce on January 30, 2012, 09:53:32 PM
Ryan,
Bruce 626 371 6667

Hey Bruce,

What are you asking for your SSRs?

Dan

PCH VIPER

Thank You Lyle, Dan and DC Performance for putting this together for us !!
It was a really cool event.  Being able to walk the track and learn about all the different elements of drag racing really helped.   We look forward to Round 2 !

As always, pictures are up on my site www.kouchicentral.com
Here are just a few.

Welcome to the Club Leo !!

Banzai Ben

Had a great time dragging my ACR for the first time! Thank you for putting this event on.
Here's a video clip of one of my runs, 8.0 @ 93 mph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8svtH_WTCY&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

1/8th mile sure feels short, though. Is there a track we could run the full 1/4 mile?
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

PCH VIPER

I'm waiting for ACRBruce to post his video of you   >w   >m

Nice run !
Our goal is baby steps here.  Get everyone comfortable with the start, reaction time and getting traction.

8.0 is pretty good.  There were a lot of 6's (by cars set up for dragging) and 7's being run too.   Lyle in the SRT8 Jeep ran in the 7's.
Pretty fun to watch.

Hopefully we can work in a few more Thurs 1/8 mile runs, then rent the track on a Sunday so that it will be JUST our vipers.  This will get us a lot more passes.   Then we will hit the 1/4 mile well prepared.

And by the way...Great job everyone !

Banzai Ben

Don't post my first run when I stalled it!  <B  >w

Hey Anthuan,
You looked really fast out there. What did you run? Were you low 7's and over 100 mph?
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

PCH VIPER

Quote from: Banzai Ben on February 03, 2012, 07:56:35 AM
Don't post my first run when I stalled it!  <B  >w

Don't say you stalled it.   Your story should be  " I was giving the other guy a head start !!! "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgeH_GZ07XQ

And before Buckinham can jump in and make fun of you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckx9pOBa_Y8