Banzai Ben

Man, where did these two guys learn how to drive!  >l  ^8

Yeah, like Lance said, I was giving the Lightening a head start!  >w
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

redtanrt10

Ouch Lance!!!  that hurt my feelings!!  I'll be looking for you at Willow in March, let me see if I can run my tow hook through your rear bumper.  Make sure you have the back end camera on, it'll will make a great video.

Ben my problem was Lance asked me to try on his hand made wooden flip-flops just before.

Sure looks like you guys had a fun time, I had to go to PHX for a family event.

ACRBruce

Hey Ben, nice terminal speed there...  I was gonna run but after seeing your run, I decided not to so Lance won't be able to post my runs.  BTW I wanted to delete the video from my camera  >4 but Mr. Pres ordered me to keep it.  >u

PCH VIPER

Quote from: redtanrt10 on February 03, 2012, 10:42:26 AM
Ouch Lance!!!  that hurt my feelings!!  I'll be looking for you at Willow in March, let me see if I can run my tow hook through your rear bumper.  Make sure you have the back end camera on, it'll will make a great video.

Ben my problem was Lance asked me to try on his hand made wooden flip-flops just before.

Sure looks like you guys had a fun time, I had to go to PHX for a family event.

^8  Yes but I will still be in FRONT of you  !    (Probably a lap down but still in front ! )
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

PCH VIPER

Quote from: ACRBruce on February 03, 2012, 10:58:43 AM
Hey Ben, nice terminal speed there...  I was gonna run but after seeing your run, I decided not to so Lance won't be able to post my runs.  BTW I wanted to delete the video from my camera  >4 but Mr. Pres ordered me to keep it.  >u

Hey Bruce, You and I better go and parctice BEFORE the next Club trip out there.  I think these guys are going to be gunning for us now.   =14

Banzai Ben

Yeah, I wanna race you guys now!  <2

Launching a manual trans car is not easy. Too much rpm and you spin, not enough and you stall, like I did.

Super Villain

Good night of fun!  Thank you to Lyle and DC for setting it up and supporting us out there.

Quote from: Banzai Ben on February 03, 2012, 07:56:35 AM
Don't post my first run when I stalled it!  <B  >w

Hey Anthuan,
You looked really fast out there. What did you run? Were you low 7's and over 100 mph?

The track was actually kinda slippery out there last night.  Unusual since I typically get solid runs at Irwindale.  Made 5 runs but only 2 good clean passes.  The rest I was slipping and sliding and had to let off and get back on the throttle again..."pedalling it" as they say.  My best runs of the night were a 6.69 at 102.73 and a 6.7 at 102.76.  The runs where I had to let off were low 7s around 100 mph.  The previous Thurs I did manage a personal best ET of 6.67 and it was 103.7 just shy of my best MPH of 104.

"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

Super Villain

Also on a side note...most of you will now see the importance of traction at the strip.  For those interested in better tires for the drag strip...I do have a set for the Viper that I will be putting up for sale this weekend.

First set is mounted on CCW 18's like these http://www.ccwheel.com/wheelprofiles-display.php?id=C12 and are M&H drag radials like these http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MNH-ROD23/ The drag radials have only had about 3 passes on them so are still in very great condition.  This set is all mounted and balanced and ready to go.  You just need to make sure your car has the brake relocate kit so you can mount 18 inch wheels on the back.  So you can just swap tires and drive to the track.

Second set are another pair of M&H drag radials http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MNH-ROD23/ but just tires only and have never been mounted or used.  You will need to supply the 18 in wheels.
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

Super Villain

Also to help you put your 1/8 mile ETs into a context that is easier to relate...here is a chart that shows what your 1/8 mile ET converts to (roughly) on a 1/4 mile track.  http://www.fl-thirdgen.org/quartermileconversion.html

Or you can just use this calculator http://www.fastnuf.com/QMC.html

Banzai Ben

Hey Anthuan,

Thanks for the conversion chart.

Wow! Great times, so your car runs about 10.4 in the quarter! That's awesome! >v
I only ran roughly 12.5  =16

Pam

Many thanks to Lyle for setting up this great afternoon/evening of drag racing for the Vipers.  It was a great way to get some of us who aren't familiar with the track or drags a little taste of what kind of fun is available with the Vipers. 
Questions, comments or problems?  Email [email protected]

PCH VIPER

Anhtuan was definitely fun to watch !  He made it look soooo easy.  Thanks for coming and helping everyone out.   >v

Hopefully we can do this again real soon.

Scottp

Mike & Lance - now I'm really looking forward to Big Willow and the chase down, it will be fun to watch.  I'll just be staying behind and observing.  =15

See you guys there..........

Scottp

Super Villain

It was good to give drag racing some more visibility among our members.  Irwindale is a bit chaotic on a Thursday night to try and keep such a large group together, but everyone seemed to have fun.  The next time I head out there I will let you all know.

This video is from a few years ago, but on a good night when the track is good you can get in a bunch of solid runs:

http://www.pod9.com/ant/racing/irwindale_11_07_08.wmv

PCH VIPER

Very cool....Will you give me lessons on a proper smoking burnout   >r