Main Menu

2012 VOI-12

Started by Pam, December 05, 2011, 03:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemotox

My Honor, Master Po!

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

HyperViper

Looks like there won't be any Gen 5s to drive at VOI. Anyone shipping their car out? I'm in, just want to know if anyone else is.
Ron & Nora ..San Diego...08 Vert..Black w/ White Stripes

Speedtactics

What host hotel is everyone going to be staying. It would be great if we stayed all together if we can.
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

ViperX

Quote from: HyperViper on May 04, 2012, 07:02:00 PM
Looks like there won't be any Gen 5s to drive at VOI. Anyone shipping their car out? I'm in, just want to know if anyone else is.

While the National Board, of which I am a member as Western Zone Director, can make no promises, it is very possible and SRT's intent and hope that we will have some pre-production Gen V cars to drive at VOI 12.

We will have SRT's other vehicles to drive, like the SRT8 Challengers, SRT8 300Cs, SRT8 Jeeps & SRT8 Chargers, so ship your car if you'd like, one of our board members has made a special deal for us with a transportation company.

I plan to fly and drive their cars.

Stay tuned for more details.

Don't miss this one.

Dan  <2

Jay M

Quote from: speedtactics on May 07, 2012, 02:23:42 PM
What host hotel is everyone going to be staying. It would be great if we stayed all together if we can.

I agree!  Is that how it has been done in the past?

~Jay
2004 Convertible, Red, custom tan interior

black beauty

Quote from: HyperViper on May 04, 2012, 07:02:00 PM
We're thinking about shipping, not sure yet, it's $1850 one way, but if we can round up 6 snakes, we can get the "truck rate".

PCH VIPER

In the first week of registrations, over 400 people have already signed up and hotel rooms are going REALLY fast.

My suggestion is that you not wait to make your reservations !

Please let me know who is signed up and I will start a list of attendees.
We had a very good showing in Salt Lake......Let's show them how strong our region is and have an even better contingent there in Charlotte !
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Cathy and I signed up for VOI 12 yesterday.

Dan  <2

HyperViper

We signed up a few days ago. Booked our room at the Embassy Wed - Sun

Banzai Ben

I'm registered.
Had a hard time with the hotel reservation though.
I have to stay at Courtyard Marriot Wed and Thurs then Embassy Fri-Mon.
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

HyperViper

Ben, you may want to check back with the Embassy to see if those nights open up. I originally had to book wed night at The Courtyard, called back and got Wed at the Embassy.

Ron

ViperX

Guys,

Here's the contact info I was given for VOI 12.

"Questions? Drop us a note at: [email protected] or give us a call at 888-88-VOI-12 (888-888-6412)."

You many want to try this for hotel questions / issues.

Dan  <2

PCH VIPER

The long story in short form is this:
The Staff learned a few things from VOI-11,  people would reserve a room under the room block and then for one reason or another cancel.  That room which was once allocated to the VOI went back to the general pool at a higher rate.  Since the room block quantity was now reduced, VOI attendees  were not able to get rooms at their desired hotel for the VOI rate.

Fast forward to 2012: 
VOI-12 did everything they possibly could to block all the rooms at the hotels close to the Charlotte Motor Speedway.  No single hotel could accomodate 1200 people, so they used 5 hotels to accumulate enough rooms for VOI attendees.  In order to prevent losing these valuable rooms to cancellations, you must FIRST register and pay for your VOI-12.  Once you have done this, your name is registered with the hotel  that you select.  After your name has been received by the hotel, you will then be able to make your reservation.
Simple idea and plan which solves the issues of diminishing room blocks.

The biggest issue right now is that the Host hotel, The Embassy Suites, has another group using up a large block of rooms on Thursday night.  If you select the Embassy Suites as your hotel choice, you will only be able to get a room under the VOI room block for Fri - Sun.  You would then have to make a separate reservation at one of the other hotels.  The problem is that you can only select 1 hotel on the VOI registration form....so if you choose Embassy, your name is on the Embassy list.  If you try to call the Courtyard to reserve the Wed or Thurs night, they won't let you since your name is not on the list   >1

So you will have to call or email the staff at VOI-12  (Mary) and ask her to send your name over to the other hotel so that you can complete your reservation.

<t  but this is all so simple  >1

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Fast Eddie

Signed up and ready. >g <13

HISSSN1

All signed up, staying at the Embassy suites booked our rooms through VOI for Thursday through Monday and on line for Wednesday the 26th. I am shipping my car. I called www.passporttransport.com and pricing from Newhall,Ca,91321 is $1832 per car. If I can get six cars it is $1369 a car we can have them picked up at my shop so drop off will not be a problem if you want in at the $1369 price we need to get it booked in 2 weeks. I will start a post on it or you can call me 661-713-3089  Eddie.
2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2017 ACR E 1 of 1 Viper Detroit Battleship Gray
2019 Hellcat Redeye