Main Menu

2012 VOI-12

Started by Pam, December 05, 2011, 03:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCH VIPER

Quote from: Banzai Ben on January 17, 2012, 08:00:10 AM
Darn it Stig! I won't be able to steal your girlfriends underwear this time!  >w

I can't believe you're gonna drive that far! Is anyone driving out with you?

The Stig got a huge head start.....he's in the Peach State already.
I love the Southern Belles much better than Hoosiers  >v
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Banzai Ben

Oh yeah, I forgot he was already out that way.  <B

2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

Jay M

I've never been to VOI.  Would it still be a fun event without the Viper? 

Besides the driving events, what else is there to do and see at VOI?

thanks,
~Jay

2004 Convertible, Red, custom tan interior

NK BREKR

Hey Jay,

I've been to 2 VOIs both times with a car and it was a blast!  I know several of our members have attended VOIs without their Vipers and have still had a great deal of fun.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that for those of us who attend VOI without our Vipers they will have the GEN V for us to play with  <H

In addition to the driving events there are always great speakers, entertainment, memorabilia and upwards of 300+ Vipers all in one place, that's all you need to know  >v

Here is the information that is on the National VCA forum:

"The Viper Club of America, in conjunction with the SRT division of Chrysler, is very pleased to announce the 12th Viper Owners Invitational. This spectacular event will be hosted in Charlotte, NC from September 27-30, 2012. Tentative driving activities include road course, autocross, go karts, scenic cruise, and drag strip. As always, excellent meals will be provided Thursday through Saturday, with a special fundraising dinner on Sunday night also included. The event will also feature some great Viper vendor displays, guest speakers, and several vehicles from our friends in Detroit. This will be your opportunity to get up close and personal with the brand new 2013 SRT Viper!" 

I believe we should be getting more information in the coming weeks.

I highly recommend attending.

Jay M

Thanks, I'm still on the fence, but I'm leaning towards going :)

~Jay

PCH VIPER

You won't regret going, I promise !
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Speedtactics

Quote from: Jay M on February 08, 2012, 10:26:52 AM
Thanks, I'm still on the fence, but I'm leaning towards going :)

~Jay
Prepare your self for Viper over dose.  >g
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

ViperX

Quote from: Jay M on February 07, 2012, 03:01:10 PM
I've never been to VOI.  Would it still be a fun event without the Viper? 

Besides the driving events, what else is there to do and see at VOI?

thanks,
~Jay

Jay,

This is one of those long weekends that will go by very, very quickly.  Everything is first cabin.  If you are into cars, you should try and make this event.

With NASCAR so close by, my guess is that we'll get to see some really cool stuff beside all of the driving events - in Gen V Vipers for those of us who flew in!

Dan

Derek

Was just looking through all the pics that lance has on his site and came across the VOI pics. looks like a ton of fun!
Im thinking and possibly considering going but going to have to wait a few months and wait til it get closer and get a better idea of what all i got going on.

Anyone got an idea on cost for the event? hotel, car rental, event fees? etc....

looks like a ton of fun!
only wish it was closer.

Mr. Fangs

Just checked. Flights on American is only $262 both ways.

I have shipped Vipers to VOI's on several occasion, and it works out pretty great.

VCA sets up discounted rates, and you put your Viper in a fully enclosed, first class carrier.

You simply fly in, pick up your Viper and enjoy it for all the driving events.

I usually send it out with my suitcase, and this saves me hauling it around the airport

On the way back, I put in the stuff from the goodie bag, whatever I have purchased as far as memorabilia, and put inside all my dirty clothes. Pretty slick way to attend.

I do not wash it at the event, so it comes home pretty dirty. First thing I do when I pick it up is give it a good scrubbing to remove all the track smudge. >j
Paul & Teresa 09 Coupe

Jay M

Do you remember about how much it costs to ship the car?  If I were retired, I'd love to take a few weeks and drive cross-country, but at this point in my life I don't want to burn up all my vacation time.

~Jay

Mr. Fangs

Rates vary each time, with fuel costs being a consideration.

Some people ship only one way, and drive one of the legs to have an epic adventure.

Shipping costs depend on how many miles you need to go. They will be published when VCA gets done with their negotiatons.

In earlier years they went with Reliable, but last year in Utah they changed to Passport. Think they get offers from several carriers

Sure they will post the prices as soon as they become firm.
Paul & Teresa 09 Coupe

10 BANGR

I'm planning on making this trip and will fly there and back.
This will be my first VOI.
Can't wait.
Demoe - 2006 SRT10 VERT BLACK / GRAPHITE METALLIC STRIPES

hemotox

Quote from: ViperX on January 11, 2012, 05:01:50 PM
Cathy and I will be flying in, renting a car and taking it as easy as possible.
Hope to drive the new Viper.
Had more fun / less stress in Detroit than in Utah as I didn't have to deal with a truck, trailer and Viper.
Dan  <17

Sounds like great words of wisdom!

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

ViperX

Quote from: hemotox on March 28, 2012, 01:48:12 AM
Sounds like great words of wisdom!

Thank you, Grassssshopper!