Main Menu

2012 VOI-12

Started by Pam, December 05, 2011, 03:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kala

Photos and who are the new officers?
Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

MoparMan

Quote from: Kala on September 28, 2012, 01:34:04 PM
Photos and who are the new officers?

I read on the national site that Dan is the new treasurer. Congrats, Dan!  >v

Jay M

Sorry for the silence, they have kept us very busy.  Lance has taken hundreds of pictures like he normally does, so I'm sure they're coming soon.

We got to drive the new Viper, and everyone loves it. I can't imagine preferring another sports car to it. Seats are great, shift throws are short and precise, clutch is light, and there's lots of power.

I spoke to Ralph, and he said they are already considering some changes for the 2014 model based on the feedback from VCA members.  I don't know what they are, but some big people don't fit in the seat too well.  I don't know if they are too tall, or too wide. I'm only 5'6", so I had plenty or room.  But I think that no matter what ,it's still more roomie than earlier cars.

~Jay
2004 Convertible, Red, custom tan interior

PCH VIPER

VOI-12 was non-stop from the minute we landed till the time we boarded the plane for home.
It was a great time to say the very least.  I took over 1200 pictures if that is any indication of all that was going on. 
I have posted about 500 pictures on my site.  www.kouchicentral.com

It was sure fun hanging out with the So Cal Club in Charlotte.  We sure made the best of our time there and the memories we all came home with will never be forgotten.

Here are some of the images from Wednesday:

Waiting for our shuttle at the Charlotte Airport

I'm surprised this banner stayed up the entire time with Hawker around.  >l

We had dinner at Quaker Steak and Lube and was joined by Herb and Mike

Sweet GTS-Rs

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

PCH VIPER

Thursday morning sure came around early with the 3 hour time change, but we were all excited to check out Charlotte.

Best way to start the day was at the Waffle House

Then it was off to the driver's meeting with a familiar face at the helm.  Dan did a GREAT job organizing and planning the track day for everyone.

After a quick tour through the city, we headed to the world famous BBQ King for lunch and Cherry Coke.

That evening, we all went to the Welcome Dinner

Congratulations to Nino for getting the Region's Member of the Year Award   >v

PCH VIPER

Friday was our scenic tour day.  It was a 200 mile trip and we saw quite a bit to say the very least.

We had a lot of fun on the Party Bus

Morrow Mountain State Park was really pretty.

Petty's Garage was amazing.

Lunch at Epic Chop house was delicious.

Penske's garage was incredible.

But having the entire Nascar Hall of Fame all to ourselves was absolutely mind blowing !

Everyone was there and it was a blast.

PCH VIPER

Saturday was our day at the track.....Mother Nature decided to come too.  It was a bit wet at times but we still got to drive at almost every station.

The Panoramic picture

The Auto-x was a bit more challenging in the rain.

And the drags were washed out

But the drift rides sure were fun !

And driving the famed Charlotte Motor Speedway was a dream come true

Mark and Cathy sure enjoyed the Roval

The highlight of the day was definitely driving the new Gen V

What a beautiful car.

Saturday's dinner was hosted by the SRT team and they were at VOI in force.  It was great to be able to meet and talk with so many of them.

PCH VIPER

Sunday was an open day and with sunny skies, we headed back to the track.  It was wide open and we were able to hit all the driving stations over and over.  TOO MUCH FUN !!!  Thank you SRT for providing great SRT cars to drive.

Even CEO Ralph came out to play

The drag strip was dry and we got in a ton of passes on the 4 lane track.

The Super Bee sure was fun to drive

Viper Blondie

>u As always, AWESOME pictures Lance !!!    >t

Mr. Fangs

VOI 11 was a blast. Lots of track time, Charlotte was a very impressive city with pretty nice people.

Hats off to SRT for having so many of their cars to drive for those who wanted to experience their offerings.

Thought it was a pretty nice touch for them to have Gen V Vipers for us to drive on that little autocross. Many people got several runs in to try out the different suspensions available.

There were so many banners I could hardly close my suitcase  <B <L <K >3 >j <F

Paul & Teresa 09 Coupe

SSSSE YA

Great pictures Lance, it was like I was there.. almost........ >o

Mr. Fangs

Wonder how Ron, Nora and Miken are doing on their driving adventure from VOI to San Diego? <2
Paul & Teresa 09 Coupe

Speedtactics

Hey guys I uploaded my pics on my web site. Too many to post up. Feel free to check them out and download any that you may want her is a panoramic shot I did at the Saturday morning shoot.

Here are a few GTSR shots from Riley Tech on Sunday

Here are a few of the new 2013 Viper

Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

NK BREKR

Great pics Hirko!  Thanks for sharing.

PCH VIPER

Yup,  proof as to why he is the Professional Photographer    >v