WZR & CCC - May 7th, 2011

Started by Pam, January 22, 2011, 05:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCH VIPER

This year our goal was to increase the amount drive time each member got, focus on some specific car control issues.

We were lucky to once again have Chief Driving Instructor, Bob Blizzard, at our event.  Bob, Mark and Chris spent the entire day climbing in and out of cars and worked with each driver on some very neat drills.  We were able to simulate some everyday driving situations and demonstrate what happens when the cars balance is upset  mid-turn.

Many of the drivers got to experience the "snake bite" as the car went from a simple oversteer situation to an abrupt out of control situation.  This can be a very dangerous situation on our streets and often reults in a totalled car and sadly, sometimes passenger injury.

Bob in his office

The Venom B out on the pad

Bruce's ACR did a nice 180 spin
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

PCH VIPER

It took over 300 cones to layout this year's Auto-X.  We wanted it to be longer, faster and much more technical.
We also made it easier to see with the use of chalk lines.  The design time was targeted for 1 minute. As everyone cycled thru and learned the course, the times began to drop.  Average times were in the mid 50 seconds.

Congratulations to our two top drivers: Terri Rossi who set a record in his unlimited class car with a 49.702 and Justin Davenport for winning the stock class with a time of 49.967

PCH VIPER

The last station was once again sponsored by DC Performance with Lyle and Dan offering their help.
Lyle gave each driver tips on how to properly get their car off the line.  This year we added a twist.
We set up side by side lanes and threw in a slalom on the last half.  This gave guys the chance to line up and see who was not only quicker off the line but also more nimble through the cones.

It would not be a drag race without the pretty girl there to drop the flag.

Jay M

Those are some incredible pictures!  Thanks for posting them.

I also want to thank everyone there for making us feel so welcome.  Even Jennifer, who is not a car person, really enjoyed meeting people.

There were two significant things that happened at this event:

1. I went from liking the Viper to loving the Viper.  I can't believe how easy and fun it is to drive at the limit, not that I'm particularly good at it or anything ;) , but it was great.

2. The Viper community is a great group of people.  By the end of the day I felt like I had some new long-term friends.  I don't often feel that way around car people.

We are really looking forward to the next event.  Hopefully Sedona, and a few in between.

BTW- would you mind if I posted a few pictures on my Facebook page?

Hope to see you all again soon!
~Jay

2004 Convertible, Red, custom tan interior

PCH VIPER

It was a pleasure meeting you and Jennifer too !
Welcome to the Club !!
There are quite a few of us on Facebook too, so post away.
I'll also be uploading a bunch of pictures to mine in the coming days.

Come on out to Huntington Beach for the Duke's Brunch on May 22nd.
This event always draws a lot of Vipers and great people.

See you soon and drive safe.
Lance

Speedtactics

Hey everybody sorry I been slammed at work. Here are the links to photos from Saturday. All the photos are downloadable in high resolution for you. There are a ton of photos and I don't have time to sort them in any way so you'll have to scan through them to find your photos. They are in order by time so am to pm.
Hirk

http://gallery.me.com/hirkophoto#102032
http://gallery.me.com/hirkophoto#102039
http://gallery.me.com/hirkophoto#102049
Couple of my favorites.

Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

1HOTACR

Great pics Lance & Scott !!!  >v
What a fun day!  Thank you to everyone who worked so hard to make this another wonderful event!  >t

Steph
<9
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

PCH VIPER

Ohhhh does this bring back memories of our trip to Detroit for VOI-10 !!!
Same deal....driving the Gen 4 and eating cones left and right.  Too much fun !!!!

Looking for cones under his car was tough so I had to bend over upside down so I could see with my good eye  >w

Speedtactics

Lance, I can see you smiling though the glass. >w
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

redtanrt10

Sure was a great event!!!  Thanks to Lance, Dan and all the others for all their hard work!!  Nice to see everyone and all the beautiful vipers!  Mike

PCH VIPER

Check out the video which is now posted on SoCalViperClub Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-Fe7OK9iYg

ViperX

There's some really good video there Lance.

The editor did a nice job!

ACRBruce

Great video taking and editing Lance.  And thanks to Dan and Cathy for another fun and safe track event.  The Autocross is much longer this year then in years past and GREAT GREAT fun. 

Jean Girard

Great Event. Lots of Fun!!!

Congrats to Justin for his Win in Stock Class with his slightly modified GTS. Amazing Skills!!!   >t

Congrats to Samy for running the second fastest time with his completely Stock gen 3 SRT10 on Street Tires (180 treadwear).  >s

Would have been interesting to see Justin and Samy battle on the same type of tires.  <19 =15

Justin and Samy are definitely the Experts in Autocross.

Considering the advantages of my car over Justin's and Samy's and the fact that I was on Hoosiers, the only conclusion that comes to mind it this:

I REALLY REALLY SUCK AT AUTOCROSS!!!!!!!
Terry R - www.viperx10.com

anthony

this was the best one yet.  thanks Lance for putting this on.  the upper course with the instructors was the best.  my car did things with me in it that rattled my brain.  good to know what the viper will do in the flash of a second and how you can be completely out of control before you know it.  let's do this again real soon.. every 6 months would be great.  new tires anyone!!!    Anthony