Started by Pam, January 22, 2011, 05:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pam

WESTERN ZONE RENDEZVOUS
& CAR CONTROL CLINIC

SATURDAY, MAY 7, 2011
Deadline to Register
April 28th !    

Do you ever feel like taking your Viper out into an empty parking lot and doing some donuts just for fun?

Wouldn't you love to go out and burn some rubber and not get a ticket?

Have you ever wanted to take some turns on the street fast enough to slide the car and exceed its limits, without the chance of hitting something or someone?

Would you like to explore your Viper's limits in a safe, legal environment and learn to handle your beast better?

If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then the WZR combined with a Car Control Clinic is something you just won't want to miss.

There will be three driving stations set up in a large parking lot at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, CA:

1. An autocross.  The winner will win a trip to Detroit to compete in an autocross against the SRT engineers!  To be eligible for this contest, tires must not have a manufacturer's treadwear rating less than 80.  For example, Pilot Sport Cups = 80 twr, Toyo R888's = 100 twr, PS2s = 220 twr.

2. We'll have a drag racers "tree" so you can learn how a tree works, learn to launch your Viper and test your reaction. Pro Drag Racer Lyle Larson of DC Performance will be teaching you.  You will launch into a short straight with a left then right turn.  This course is designed to induce unbalance in the car to give you a chance to "feel" what it is like when the car is on the edge.

3. Finally, there will be a figure 8 with in-car driving instruction.  Pro Road Racing Coach and Viper Days Chief Driving Instructor Bob Blizzard and his team will be coaching you.  This course is designed to let you feel the car "on the edge" and learn to make corrections.

For insurance reasons, this event is limited to club members and their immediate family.  If you'd like to share your driving experience with your passenger you may take turns, but your passenger must be licensed and at least 16-years old. Helmets are recommended, but not required.

Dinner and awards will be at a local Viper Member's facility where they truly "Build Cool Stuff". They have some neat projects underway that we'll be able to see (a group of astronauts toured the facility just a few weeks back). Feel free to check out their website www.Penwal.com.

Hotel:
Aloft Ontario
10480 4th street Rancho Cucamonga,  CA  91730
877-462-5638
Viper Club rate of $89.00 / night

Auto Club Speedway – Lot 12
9300 Cherry Ave
Fontana, CA 92335
www.AutoClubSpeedway.com

Penwal
10611 Acacia Street
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
Phone: 909.46.1555
www.Penwal.com

TIME:

Arrive:  9:00AM
Driver's Meeting:  9:30 AM

Leave the track about 4:30 PM
Caravan from track to Penwal
Drinks at 5PM - Dinner at 6PM
      ***   Deadline to Register
April 28th !    

Planning to attend:

Eddie Arguelles
Greg Baxter
Gary Belvedere
Bob Blizzard
Mike Buckingham
Aaron Carlsson
Dave Chrisman
Bruce Conklin
Dan Cragin
Justin Davenport
Dan Everts
Mike Fujita
Ron Glass
Garry Grant
Norman Greitzer
Roger Hamson
Paul Hawker
Scott Hirko
Stephanie Izard
Jerry Jacobson
Ben Kawata
Kurt Klimpel
Lance Kouchi
Bruce Li
Michael Malone
Anthony Matranga
Curt Moore
Jay Morrissette
Richard Palkovic
Chris Pennington
Anhtuan Pham
Eddie Reinsma
Terry Rossi
Samy Segura
Chris Sienicki
Michael Sinkinson
Dave Sweeney
Ernie Taylor
Randy Tribolet
Nino Valmassoi
Ray Wilson
Paul Winters
Luke Yuen

By the way, whether you light up your tires or not is totally up to you...  >1

AND I BET YOU CAN'T WIPE THAT GRIN OFF YOUR FACE WHEN YOU'VE COMPLETED A COURSE!

Questions, comments or problems?  Email [email protected]

NK BREKR

Banzai Ben

2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

Fast Eddie

Count me in.

Outspeed

If Art's going, I want in so I can ride along and cheat death again!

PCH VIPER

Quote from: Outspeed on January 25, 2011, 08:05:13 AM
If Art's going, I want in so I can ride along and cheat death again!

And we can rename the event Out of Control Clinic !

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

AceFang

I want to be there!!  But I will be at University of Oregon umpiring.  Hope you have a great time!  I know you will.
John Bennett

NK BREKR

That experience put some hair on your chest Justin after you regained some color  >v  Besides how many times in life can you experience sssssssllllllllooooowwwwww  mmmmmmoooooottttttiiiiiiioooonnnnnnnn!!!!!   ^8  Too bad you didn't get to ride with me when the tires were melting.

Good times, even the drive home with AAA was great.

anthony

ViperX

Cathy and I will be there.

Though I plan to work / help with this event, I just picked up a set of used Toyos so Cathy can burn some rubber!

See you guys at the track!

Dan  <2

DEDLY4U

Count Cheryl and I in.  There is no way we would miss Art drag racing this year, we still keep checking out the video.  We cal it the "Art of drag racing".  =15

Mike & Cheryl

NK BREKR

Talk about value more than a year has passed and the CCC continues to entertain, I was happy to provide the footage >v

For those on the fence...stop thinking about it and signup you will be glad you did.  As the 1st post states this event has sold out the last 2 years and you will gain some great insight on how to handle our Vipers better.

399Driver

Since Charlie Sheen can take a break, I'M going to also !  Please sign me up !  --Ernie Taylor

EXHLR8N

This is by far the safest and best event we do, since it gives us all a chance to safely test the limits, learn our capabilities, and more important, bond with other Viperholics.  It's a blast.  See you all there.
The Best Things in Life are Dangerous

black beauty

Dave & I will be there!  THIS YEAR with the viper!  I really need to learn how to use that line-lock... <2