WZR & CCC - May 7th, 2011

Started by Pam, January 22, 2011, 05:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedy Gonzales

Wow I have to watch my comments cuz I'm not a good enough driver to be ur ricky booby and I don't want to get turned into being Gregory  >w
Chris
AMS Flooring

Jean Girard

No Worries, I don't share any sexual orientation with the real character.

So who's gonna be my uh... Reeekie uh... Boobie?

I want only that what every other want. I want to retire and tame komodo dragons in Sri Lanka and teach them to perform Hamlet but before I can do that... I must be beaten by a driver who is truly better than me.
Terry R - www.viperx10.com

Speedy Gonzales

Quote from: Jean Girard on April 25, 2011, 02:44:22 PM
No Worries, I don't share any sexual orientation with the real character.

So who's gonna be my uh... Reeekie uh... Boobie?

I want only that what every other want. I want to retire and tame komodo dragons in Sri Lanka and teach them to perform Hamlet but before I can do that... I must be beaten by a driver who is truly better than me.

well frenchie ^8 as i see myself as ricky bobby i think maybe that micky guy could be your ricky boobie as i thought i heard he didnt like the fact you were faster than him on his track (thought that is what i was hearing?)

i say my life is like ricky bobby (one day your racing nascar the next day your delivering pizza on a bike) at one point i was doing great in life and the next day no work and no money BUT its all good now, not as good but i wouldnt change it
Chris
AMS Flooring

NK BREKR

Hey Jean,
How did the Viper X-10 like Spring Mountain?

G-Force aka Garry G

PCH VIPER

If you not yet registered for the WZR/CCC, today is the last day to do so !

Our Club members and Sponsors have been working very hard to put together a really cool event which will cover eveything you can imagine.

Continental breakfast sponsored by Viper Parts of America

Auto-x qualifier sposored by the VCA and Dodge SRT Engineers.  Fastest qualified time will get to compete against the SRT engineers back in Detroit at the Chelsea Proving Grounds

Side by side launch and slalom Sponsored by DC Performance.  Lyle will once again help us learn how to properly get off the line quickly and safely.  This year we are adding an element of the slalom and side x side cars for some non-competitive fun.

Car control/drift station sponsored by Bob Blizzard. Learn first hand what happens when the back end steps out as you are going through a left or right hand turn and how to properly control the car without getting bit.

Lunch will be served at the track and is sponsored by Viper Parts of America

At the end of the day we will caravan over to Penwal where we will get a tour of club member Chris Pennington's facility and also enjoy our dinner / awards banquet.

Again, if you have not yet registered, please do so today as we will be turning in our final head count for food tomorrow.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

1HOTACR

Whew, slithered in just under the wire...  >j

I just registered (paypal) and look forward to seeing everyone at this event!

=14
Steph
<9
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

DEDLY4U

Us too! We just made registration and can't wait to see everyone.

Mike & Cheryl  =14

ViperX

To All WZR attendees:

PLEASE be sure to check your fluids, oil in particular should be at or slightly above the "full" level.

Also, please check your tires before you get to this driving event.

If you plan to do some smoky burn outs  <2 when the time is right (I might just do a few of these), please remember that most of you will need enough "tires" to be able to drive home .....

See you at the track,

Dan

PCH VIPER

Quote from: ViperX on May 02, 2011, 02:07:37 PM
To All WZR attendees:

PLEASE be sure to check your fluids, oil in particular should be at or slightly above the "full" level.

Also, please check your tires before you get to this driving event.

If you plan to do some smoky burn outs  <2 when the time is right (I might just do a few of these), please remember that most of you will need enough "tires" to be able to drive home .....

See you at the track,

Dan

Good advice !
I'd also suggest that you take as much of the unnecessary "stuff" out of your car as possible.
You won't want this stuff flying around inside your car.

ACRBruce

Quote from: PCH VIPER on May 02, 2011, 07:39:56 PM
Good advice !
I'd also suggest that you take as much of the unnecessary "stuff" out of your car as possible.
You won't want this stuff flying around inside your car.

Dang!  I guess I'll have remove the luggage rack AND the kayak on top of that before I come over,   =15

ViperX

Quote from: ACRBruce on May 02, 2011, 11:05:16 PM
Dang!  I guess I'll have remove the luggage rack AND the kayak on top of that before I come over,   =15

You may wish to disconnect the trailer too!!! >w

Jean Girard

Quote from: NK BREKR on April 25, 2011, 10:09:48 PM
Hey Jean,
How did the Viper X-10 like Spring Mountain?

Viper X10 did well at Spring Mountain (1:52 Video coming soon), although it needs a  little more "chassis work" on the Front and lacks definitely power on that very fast configuration. I was losing at least one full second on every one of the 3 straightaways (over the Gen4 cars).

Still can't beat the ACR-X With their additional power and Michelin Slicks  =16

It would be very interesting to build a Viper X10 on a gen4 powered car. I Hope it'll happen soon...

Terry R - www.viperx10.com

Mr. Fangs

<m Fantastic time at the CCC.

All the drag racing launches you could want, skid pad throttle steering all over the place, and perhaps the most diabolical slalom course ever devised for Vipers gave everybody the chance to hone their driving skills in a safe environment.

With Lance down for the count with detached retina surgery, and JR Thompson no longer available for backup support the Southern California ViperClub sprang into action to put together a tremendous event.

Past President, (and soon to be Western Region Zone Director) Dan Everts and Cathy reinacted their previous duties, and organized the event. They came out all day Friday, and made sure the course cones were in just the perfect spots to tax the slalom drivers to maximize their driving skills.

Previous Past (previouser?) Greg and Melanie Baxter came in from their new home in Palm Springs to handle the registration, check in and handing out car numbers. Greg showed that he had not lost a step by bringing out his race prepared GTS for the track events.

Dan Cragin (DC Performance) and Professional Drag Racer, Lyle (Lyle Lyle Crockadyle) Larson set up and manned the drag strip, complete with electronic Christmas tree to hone the owners reaction times and clutch/throttle skills. Charlene Palkovic made the most beautiful trophy girl as she staged everyone at the lights.

French speaking Terri Rossi laid down the fastest time of day in his custom X Viper, blowing away everybody else in the timed slalom course.

Lance even enlisted the help of his father to gather up all the (very heavy) cones the end of the events. Was interesting to see just how many of the brand new cones were black marked from their close encounters with Viper tires.

Member Chris Pennington hosted the club members awards dinner at his fantastic fantasy shop, where they build everything from full scale atlas rocket displays to huge Disney creatures.

Beautiful crystal cut glass awards were given to the fastest, and hardest working members while everyone else ate and drank to celebrate the end of a fantastic day.

Thanks to everyone that worked so hard to put together such an enjoyable and educational day of high performance driving.

(Special thanks to driving phenom Mr. Bob Blizzard for showing us the proper way to safely engage skidding situations that may be encountered driving such high performance cars)
Paul & Teresa 09 Coupe

PCH VIPER

Thank You to all who came out for the Western Zone Rendezvous !  This was a full day of fun at Auto Club Speedway's giant back lot followed by a great dinner at Chris Pennington's cool facility, Penwal Industries.

A special Thank you to Dan and Cathy who really took over and worked overtime to convert our Car Control CLinic into the WZR.  As always, every last detail was covered and the event ran smooth and perfect.
We all need to thank Greg/Melanie, Bob/Deb, Dan/Cathy, Drew,Tim, Chris, and Justin for taking the entire Friday off to set up all the cones and make sure that our layout was safe, challenging and fun.   >t

As always, pictures are now up on my site www.kouchicentral.com

Here are a few:

Group picture

Cars lining up for registration

Lori and Eddie signing everyone in