ADVANCED CAR CONTROL CLINIC - June 13 & 14

Started by ViperX, January 08, 2009, 06:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hey Nino,

Glad you are coming.  You have several options.  The first, and easiest, is to use blue painter's tape and make a three digit number.  You can print paper numbers and attach them but they may not stay on.

You can have plastic numbers made, as Cathy does for me or Cathy can order them for you at a nominal fee (not sure what this is but she'll know then just bring some cash to the track).

Dan  <2

Nino Valmassoi

Dan,

If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to get the numbers from Cathy.  They require numbers on the sides and back, so how about three 1's and six 3's.  Since a number might be chosen, I can make 313, 331or 113.

Thanks, Nino

PCH VIPER

I call dibs on  # 143   <1
(I already have the numbers)

Thanks
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Nino Valmassoi

Lance,

You have the numbers?  Is that just for your silver thing or for everyone going to the track?

Nino

PCH VIPER

Hey Nino,
Sorry....I only have #'s for my car.
I can cut some wood ones for your car....but I don't think they will stick to your car very well.

ViperX

Hey Nino,

I passed your request on to Cathy and she's making them, so you are good to go.  Just bring a few extra bucks to the track to pay her for them.

Wooden numbers ...... huh ..... might start a trend - maybe Fast Eddie would like a set!

Dan

PCH VIPER

I'll make Fast Eddie's out of lead to slow him down a bit.  >w

Nino Valmassoi

Lance,

Wow!  I like the idea of wood numbers.  I could put the on with some #10 flat head screws.  Using flat heads would cut down on the wind resistance. >4

However, I think Cathy's numbers would offer less wind resistance (thinner than the wood), so I better them.

Nino

ViperX

Hey Guys,

Time is getting short for sign ups and instructor reservations.

Please sign up now if you are planning to attend.

Also, call Bob Blizzard to arrange for instruction at: 858-748-0304, you'll be glad you did.

See you at the track,

Dan  <2

redtanrt10

Dan,  Would like to have somone help me with the lines at Fontana since I've only been there at SRT events.  My preference would be to split with someone for Saturday, rotate 2 sessions each like we did w/Bob @ Willow.  Is the price $200.00 per day or??

If anyone is interested in splitting time, let me know.

Mike Buckingham

ViperX

Hey Mike,

Call Bob. 

I'd guess that he can arrange this for you.

Dan

ViperX

Weather is looking good for the weekend, high 70's on Saturday, low 80's on Sunday.

Those of you not driving, come on out!

<2

ViperX

Here's the latest from Aaron;

The good news is this weekend will still be fun, the other news is that we didn't get our 20 cars and therefore will have a few other drivers in our group.

Also, if we could get one volunteer to get there early and put cones in front of out garages, we could all "pit" together.  The idea would be to get the "end" of the garages, both sides on one building.

Finally, I'm leaning towards having our entire group go into "low intermediate", except for a couple of newbies per their request.  Please give me your input on this.

Thanks,

Dan
  <2

Hey Dan,

Will someone from the club be able to get there early?  The only way to save garages is to cone them off. I'll do my best given that I'll be arriving in the morning too, but an early arrival would take care of that.  I'll have some cones on hand.

We didn't get enough drivers to have a Viper run group, only 13 on Sat and 8 on Sun.  So, we have to figure out what to do.  In either case, all the Viper Club members will get to be in the same group, we'll just have some others thrown in there too.  I'd like to have a high-intermediate and a low-intermediate group, so I'll let you decide whether the group containing the Viper Club members will be high or low intermediate (Blue or Black).
All first-timers will have to run in our beginner group as we discussed when we set this up a while ago.  Let me know if you want your guys to run in Blue or Black (low or high intermediate).

Everyone should attend the regular drivers meeting.  If you want to have a separate meeting for your members, that's fine of course.

Sounds great on the instructors.  The instructors only need to sign the passenger waiver to ride along.  Their students will have to buy their instructors a session if they want them to drive their cars.

Look forward to hearing back.

Thanks,

Aaron Bitterman
Speed Ventures, Inc.
323-461-4795
www.speedventures.com

ticketmered

Dan,

I think I am the closest to the track, I can do this, what time do you want me there?

PCH VIPER

"  Please show up at the track by 7am and go straight to the Garage #3  (G3), the first garage you come to - nearest to the gas pumps - to check in. Please check in BEFORE unloading or working on your car.  Check-in will close at 7:55 and the Drivers' Meeting will begin at 8:00am.  The Drivers Meeting is mandatory for all drivers - unless you have received clearance from Speed Ventures to show up late.  "

I'll be there between 6:30 and 7:00.   Who's bringing the Krispy Cremes??

Lance