ADVANCED CAR CONTROL CLINIC - June 13 & 14

Started by ViperX, January 08, 2009, 06:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

ADVANCED CAR CONTROL CLINIC - AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY INFIELD TRACK, FONTANA

OK, I spoke with Aaron at Speed Ventures and IT'S ON, here's the deal:

Here's our Advanced Car Control Clinic, if we can get the numbers. – see Aaron Bitterman's notes below for more info and to sign up.

Cathy and I will both run, so we already have two drivers.

We need to get to at least 20 cars to make our own run group.  30 would likely be the max on this infield short course.  Beginners must run in the Speed Ventures Beginner Group on Saturday.

The infield track is relatively short and twisty, so you won't get too much speed.  This is the track that the SRT experience is run on.

Bob can help with instruction, but we need to act relatively fast to secure these dates and his instructors.

Members will have to pay their own way (discounted) to Speed Ventures and make the appropriate comments as detailed below.

Members who want instruction will also have to pay their instruction fees.  These can be shared if a couple of drivers want to split the costs.

This should be fun and it's very close for everyone - no overnight stay required.

If we get enough folks to make this happen, the club could set up a dinner for Saturday night.

Please let us know if you're planning to attend.

Dan  <2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Saturday, January 03, 2009 12:12 PM
To: 'Dan Everts'
Cc: 'dave lach'
Subject: RE: June 13 & 14 at ACS

Hi Dan,

Nice talking with you as usual.  For June 13, 14 we can do the following:

1.Free garages for all Viper Club members who sign up by May 22 at 5pm and who SIGN UP for the garage when they sign up and who write "Viper Club" in the comments box.  We only have 34 spots so they must sign up for the garage or they probably won't get one.

2.Registration for Viper Club members who sign up by May 22, 5pm and who write "Viper Club" in the comments box will get the discounted rate of $420/driver for both days (it was $460 last year).  Single day signups will get the day for $220.  This price includes lunch and bottled water. 

3.We will give you a dedicated run group if you reach 20 cars by May 22, 5pm.  You can put as many cars in the group as you like of course.  Beginners will run in our beginner run group on day 1 and may be approved to run in the Viper Club group on day 2, depending.

4.I opened registration for this event so people can start signing up right away: http://www.speedventures.com/events/eventdetail.aspx?id=222

Hope this works out for everyone.  Thanks very much for your consideration.  Talk to you soon.

Aaron Bitterman
Speed Ventures, Inc.
323-461-4795

www.speedventures.com

Attendees:

1 - Dan Everts
2 - Lance Kouchi
3 - Bruce Li
4 - Scott Pennington
5 - Carlos Hernandez
6 - Scott Hirko
7 - David Green
8 - Mike Buckingham
9 - John Fuchs
10 - Ben Kawata
11 - Nino V
12 - Peter Hausherr
13 - Anthony Metranga
14 - Juan Valdez

PCH VIPER

Awesome !

I'm in !
I've talked to a few others already and they are saying yes as well.

Best thing to do is get on Speedventures site and get signed up now.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

"Best thing to do is get on Speedventures site and get signed up now."

You are soooo right.  We need to get the numbers so that we can assure our own run group.

Aaron has always been very good in the past about letting you sign up, then billing your card about a week before the event.....no reason not to sign up early.

Dan

PCH VIPER

I'm signed up on Speedventures !!

ticketmered

I am in. Just signed up. See you at the track! or before.

ViperX

UPDATE:

Bob Blizzard says he can supply some excellent instructors for this weekend. 

Price for your own driving instructor is $400.00 for the weekend.

I've hired private instruction a few times and the normal price is $500.00 for the DAY, so this is a very good deal.

For those that want driving instruction but would like to save a few $$$, I'd suggest you team up with another driver and "share" an instructor for the weekend.  You could alternate with the instructor in your car one session while doing lead / follow the next session provided you are in the same run group.

Please let me know if you want instruction and I'll set it up with Bob.

Dan  <2

ViperX

I just signed up too.

Hope to see a few more names on the sign up list.

Just a reminder, you can sign up now and Speed Ventures won't charge your card until a week or two before the event.  This way you secure your spot.

For those of you that don't feel quite ready for the track but still want to have some driving fun, Speed Ventures is also holding AutoX events in the parking lot on Saturday and Sunday.

Dan  <2

DEDLY4U

Dan  >s

Count Cheryl and I in.  Of course Cheryl will be an observer, but we will attend.

All the best to you and Cathy.

Mike & Cheryl

Scottp

Dan,

For this event, do you think I can run my covertable with the stock hoops (roll bars) or would I need to switch them out for the steel ones?  Looking on their web site, it looks like the stock hoops would be fine.

Also, my brother would like to run his 08 Shelby GT500KR with us - is it possble for him to run with our group?

Thanks,
Scott

ViperX

Hey Scott,

If we can get to 20 + cars, we will get out own run group.

It's OK with me if your brother would like to run with us in our group, if he's like you ..... a nice guy!  >w

Speed Ventures does require that if your brother is a beginner (never been to any race track in his car), he will have to run with the Speed Ventures beginner group for the first day so that he can learn their track rules.  Once he gets up to speed, he can then join our group.

If he begins to like the sport, he'll have to trade the Mustang in (or buy a Viper) or get blown off by his brother! >v

Regards,

Dan

Scottp

Thanks Dan,

My brother actually is a licensed instructor through the diffrent orginizations and has done a fair amount of racing over time including the Rolex 24 hr, so he should be some good competion for you faster guys.  He's owned 4 Vipers, so maybe after this event we can convert him back after he see's what he's missing.

What about changing out the roll bars on my car - do you think I can keep the factory ones installed?

You can count the two of in for this event.  After BW last weekend ................ I'm hooked!!

Thanks again,
Scott

PCH VIPER

Hey Scott.
You shouldn't have let the cat out of the bag !

Scottp

Lance,

This will keep everyone revved up and things a little more exciting!

Scott

ViperX

Hey Scott,

Very cool about your brother.  It will be fun to watch him slide that heavy Mustang around the corners.

Perhaps your brother can work with some of our rookies.

Check with Speed Ventures on the roll bar issue.

You (and everyone) really should have a roll bar in their convertibles for street use.  For track use, I personally wouldn't run without one.  SRT does run this course in Vipers without roll bars (just the factory hoops), so SV may accept these as OK in the beginner run group and in our run group.

FYI, Autoform makes a very nice roll bar for the SRT-10 convertible.  I have one in my black car.

You guys can both go onto the Speed Ventures Website and sign up for this event right now.

I'll let Aaron know that it's OK for your brother to sign up and run in the Viper Group.

Dan  <2

ACRBruce