DO IT YOURSELF TECH DAY / INTRO TO VIPER DAYS - August 23rd

Started by ViperX, June 15, 2008, 09:13:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

DO IT YOURSELF TECH DAY / INTRO TO VIPER DAYS
Saturday, August 23rd

Hey Guys and Gals,

We will be hosting our first So Cal Viper Club "Do it yourself Tech Day" on August 23, 2008.  This event will be held at our own Lance Kouchi's shop in Wilmington, CA.  Lance has a lift and plenty of space for us to show the group some basic service procedures such as oil changes, brake pad inspections and changes, E-brake relocation installation, jacking points on our cars, jack stand locations on our cars, basic undercarriage inspection, tires, wheels, etc.

Dave Cawthorne, Lance and I will be on hand to help answer common questions you may have about your cars.

We will also plan to spend some time answering your questions and discussing preparing your cars and yourself for our upcoming Viper Days Driving School and Track event to be held September 12, 13, and 14 at Willow Springs.  I'll plan to bring my "track prepped" GTS so that the group can get a look at a street legal (barely), track prepared Viper.

We plan to be on hand at Lance's shop between 9:30 AM and 2:30 PM.

Lance's shop is located at:

Electronic Balancing Co.
660 east D street
Wilmington   CA  90744

CLICK HERE FOR MAP

Bring your cars and your questions - we'll try our best to have answers.

Please RSVP so that we can plan lunch as the club plans to buy for our group.

Dan  <2

Attendees:

Anhtuan Pham
Art Pena
Ben Kawata
Brent Kern
Bruce Conklin
Carlos Hernandez
Dan & Cathy Everts
Dave Cawthorne
Eric DeDominic
Glenn & Steph
Jim Kenahan
John Bennett
Lance Kouchi
Mike & Cheryl Sinkinson
Mike Buckingham
Mike Burgoyne
Mike Fujita
Mike Pickett
Nino Valmossi
Noel Vega
Peter Jackson & Linda
Scott Pennington
Sean Casey
Steven & Carol Borecki
Tom & Shawn Gorny

racecars

>g

OGO is in >r I'll bring lots of track prep stuff, ramps, scales to weigh Vipers, toe plates, bleeding brakes equipment etc plus 20 years of track time >v

OGO  O O O

redtanrt10

Dan,

Should be a great event, barring work travel I'll be there and Diann will be at the mall.  If my pan's not on yet maybe I'll bring it and utilize all the helpers?

Dave,

Glad your coming with all the set up stuff!  maybe you can bring your fabrication team??

Mike

racecars

>m

Nice try Mike   >k >k

OGO  O O O

PCH VIPER

I cannot tell you how much great information, tips, and help I have received from all the members of this club.

Even if you don't plan on going to the track for Viper Days, the info will still be invaluable and a very relaxed venue for everyone to learn, ask questions and get some hands on do's and don'ts.

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

NK BREKR

I'm definitely there! 

Folks this is a great event to get a ton of useful information on Vipers. 

Big thanks to Lance, Dan and Dave for putting this event on. >r

ViperX

Hey Art,

You're very brave letting Dave  O and Lance do your brakes before Viper Days .....

Just kidding,

Dan   >v

NK BREKR

It's okay Dan, if they fail, I'll just stop the Viper ala Fred Flinstone. <B

ViperX

Nino Valmassoi

Put Nino on the list.  I'm  >q for information.  Lance, thanks for hosting >u. 

ticketmered

New to this site, I am in, could use some help in geting to know more about my car.

PCH VIPER

Welcome to the website and the SoCal Club !!
I look forward to meeting you.  We have a bunch of really great members that have a ton of knowledge that are all too happy to share with us new guys. 

Take care,
Lance
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

racecars

OGO has all his ducks in a row[/size]  >r

Now if I can just remember to come  ^8 ^8 ^8 ^8 ^8

OGO  O O O

ViperX

OGO,  O

Maybe Lance can set up a cot so that you don't have to miss your afternoon nap?  >w

Dan

AceFang

Please add me to this great event.  Sorry I have not been to any events in a while.  I cannot seem to match up my schedule.  I miss everybody!!  And getting my car out of the garage to play with all the other Vipers.
John Bennett