CAR CONTROL CLINIC at Auto Club Speedway - Oct 4, 2008

Started by ViperX, April 25, 2008, 12:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kala

I think this sounds great!

Still room for 2 more???   >c  >d >g

Dang, the smilies are getting good here  <
Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

Banzai Ben

Hey Lance and Dan,

Lifting the throttle abruptly or braking in a corner or turn is another way to get the rear end to swing around. Maybe you can include that somewhere in the clinic but you'll have to be going pretty fast for that one.

Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

admin

ViperX

Hey Ben,

Yep, I'm planning to introduce a few common errors to the group and these are too of the most common reasons folks crash their cars.  They go into a turn too fast, lift quickly and then brake.  The car doesn't have a chance and spins.  The driver usually doesn't know what they did to make it spin.  Then they sell the car and blame it for the crash.

Yeah, you would have to be going pretty fast for that manuever, but you are a very good driver with Kumhos.

I'd bet that most of our club members on old street tires will be able to make the rear ends come around very easily, some will do it without trying.

Dan

ViperVenom

>b, even though I have original tires (4 years old).  Think I can wear them out by then???

ViperX

Hope so.

Just be careful doing it!!!

Dan  <2

PCH VIPER

Please add Tom and Shawn to the list....2 spots.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Glad to see Tom and Shawn coming to this event.   ^2

PCH VIPER

I'll get him to join us for Viper days too.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Ok,

The bet is on.  I'll bet you one ice cream cone   >p (I know, big spender), that you can't get Tom and Shawn to join us for Viper Days!  (I'll be glad to pay off on that debt by the way).

Dan

RayMcIntyre

This will be great!
I have put it on my calendar, and there will be no weekend water polo since it will be the high school season then, whew...
I will bring my son to help re-setup cones for the day, he is looking forward to some time in my car.
I think my wife Linda will drive as well.
So could be myself, son and wife, good fun!
Looking forward to it.

Ray McIntyre

ViperX

Glad you can make this one Ray.

Definitely bring the family if they can make it.

Dan

EXHLR8N

Sign me up as well.  Especially with Professor McIntyre
The Best Things in Life are Dangerous

ViperX

Hey Bruce,

Nice to hear from you.

Hope Baseball is treating you and yours well.

Be careful out there among the sharks.

I got drafted in the second round my first time out.

Very interesting process.

See you soon,

Dan  <2

EXHLR8N

Thanks Dan.  Kurt was just picked 1st Team All American again, and is back in Appleton at the NCAA tournament. 

He is slated for rounds 5-8 ... we'll see ... needless to say he (and we) is very excited.

You will have to tell us about the process when he gets back next week.  The draft in June 5 & 6.
The Best Things in Life are Dangerous