CAR CONTROL CLINIC at Auto Club Speedway - Oct 4, 2008

Started by ViperX, April 25, 2008, 12:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEDLY4U

Good morning and we hope you had a great weekend.  Cheryl and I paid theourgh Paypal and will be at the Clinic.  We can also help out with any assistance you may need.  Cheryl would be happy to assist at any station.  Let us know if you need us to arrive early to assist withthe setup.

Mike Sinkinson

ViperX

Hi Mike,

Thanks, we will need some help at this event with several things, so let Cheryl know to wear comfortable shoes.

We'll likely be there as soon as the gates open and will let everyone know (as soon as we do!)

Dan

redtanrt10

Dan/Cathy,

Just registered this morning, Diann and I will bring two cars.  Thanks for setting this up!!!  I owe you guys from Willow so we'll come early or stay late to help you guys with all the set up stuff.

Mike

ViperX

Guys and Gals,

Dave C, Lance, Cathy and I went out to Fontana yesterday and set up the 4 car control courses yesterday with Bob and Deb Blizzard.

We drove a bit at each station to make sure this set up would work.  I was able to drift all the way around the skid pad and most of the figure 8.

If you are in town, you should try to make this event.  There's sooo much room at each station this should be a blast to drive and everyone should learn more about how to control their cars.

See you at the track,

Dan  <2

Kadeuces

Dan,

Angelica and I are looking forward to this event.
Please let me know how we can help.

Kobi

Kala

Quote from: ViperX on September 23, 2008, 08:58:24 AM

Dave C, Lance, Cathy and I went out to Fontana yesterday and set up the 4 car control courses yesterday with Bob and Deb Blizzard.

We drove a bit at each station to make sure this set up would work.  I was able to drift all the way around the skid pad and most of the figure 8.

I was standing over at the dragstrip with the crew, when a woman came over the walkies saying a bunch of Vipers left the dragstrip and were over in a parking lot setting up cones and
driving figure 8's... She wanted someone over there fast  <o
It was hysterical
Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

PCH VIPER

Quote from: Kala on September 24, 2008, 11:58:47 AM
I was standing over at the dragstrip with the crew, when a woman came over the walkies saying a bunch of Vipers left the dragstrip and were over in a parking lot setting up cones and
driving figure 8's... She wanted someone over there fast  <o
It was hysterical

I don't understand why they would be upset....we kept it under 90 mph and never even came close to the cones  !!!!
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

NK BREKR

Lance,

I want to hear about another 720 reminiscent of VOI9  >w Nothing less will suffice.  Maybe Ms. Kala Spielberg will have her camera rolling >u

Specialty Performance Team

We are all looking forward to this event. For those of you who may be nervous or on the fence about this event, don't be. This will be a really and give you skills to make you a better and safer driver.

Steven & Carol Borecki

Hi Cathy & Dan,    Carol can help with anything you need help with.  This will be a fun event.   Steven   >r   
Steven & Carol Borecki

PCH VIPER

Hey Everyone,
Make sure you bring a small cooler with ice and water/drinks for you and your passenger.
Bring sunscreen, chair or towel to sit on for lunch.
I'd also bring a small washcloth for your hands, face, etc. as it was a bit dusty out there.

See ya out there on Sat !   

>u
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Thanks for the tips Lance.

To All,

There is a small chance of showers on Saturday as of today, 30% or so, which makes them unlikely.  At least it's supposed to cool off.  In any event, we'll run rain or shine as it's a blast run in the wet, really easy to slide the cars.  We'll have some E-Z ups for shelter and a couple of trailers too if necessary.

Also, we have asked management at Fontana to clean the parking lot before our event and they have agreed to do so.  It was a bit dusty last time we were there, which made for very easy sliding of the car but also created a little bit of unexpected dust.

Everyone please remember to check your tires (add air as necessary), check your fluids and make sure you don't come with an empty gas tank.  Gas is available across the street from the Speedway.

See you at the track,

Dan  <2

EXHLR8N

Hey Dan - Is there a particular tire pressure that we should run at for this type of driving?
The Best Things in Life are Dangerous

ViperX

I'll be running 30 psi cold in my PS2s.

Should work well for other Michelins.

Brandon@DC Performance

Hey everybody,

Just wanted to say I'm very excited for my first Southern California Viper club event... I'll be out in the black SRT10 Viper truck... hope you don't mind your uglier, fatter, slower sister hanging around! If you see the guy looking very out of place, feel free to come by and introduce yourself!

See everybody Saturday!