Viper Days at Buttonwillow - Feb 22-24, 2008

Started by ViperX, November 26, 2007, 06:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

CLICK HERE FOR PICTURES TAKEN BY ALBERT!

CLICK HERE FOR PICTURES TAKEN BY LANCE!

Hey Gang,

Viper Days, aka the Performance Driving School is coming back to CA. 

We'll have garage #4 for our group with drinks and snacks.  Bring your favorite goody if you can, if not, just come and enjoy. 

There's a test and tune day on Friday at the track with three run groups, beginner, intermediate & advanced.  Registration form is attached.

There's a reception on Friday night.

Time trials / driving instruction and races where you can watch the comp coupes run (for the race group) will be held on Saturday and Sunday.

There's a neat dinner on Saturday night with the entire group.

Put this one on your calendar, you won't want to miss it.

Here's the info you need to register for the event:

This link is to the Viper Days website that will provide you with the details of this event:
http://www.viperdays.com/page.htm?id=99

This link will take you to the New Driver's Registration:
http://www.viperdays.com/driver_application.htm

This link will take you to Buttonwillow Raceway where you can see the track configuration we'll be running: We will run CLOCKWISE http://www.buttonwillowraceway.com/images/race_01_config.gif

It's a good idea to become familiar with the track ahead of the event - I found that remembering all the turns (which is critical by the way) is difficult when you have so many other things to think about.

For more information go to:  www.viperdays.com

See you there.

Dan 8)

Attendees:
Amplatz   Curtis
Andrews   David
Arguelles   Eddie
Barnes   Brian
Bloomer   Mark
Bogan   Connie
Brandt   Mike
Bulow   David
Carter   Chuck
Coate   Nate
Conklin   Bruce
Cuming   Lisa
Dickler   Marshall
Dickler   Barbara
Ekstein   Chris
Everts   Dan
Everts   Cathy
Fuchs   John
Gioco   Eric
Girard   Rick
Girard   Randy
Green   David
Greenberg Michael
Greenberg Donald
Hapner   Mark
Hughes   Gregg
Kawata   Ben
Kouchi   Lance
Loudin   Steve
Mould   Diane
Molnar   Steve
Oasis   Russ
Pena   Art
Redford   Rob
Roberts   Fred
Schlemm   Jim
Sienicki  Chris
Stout   Jim
Stout   Kathy
Strann   Tim
Szostak   Michael
Szostak   Adrian
Von Quilich   Michael
Von Quilich   Virginia
Wahl   Quentin
Weber   John
Weber   Alex
Weigel   John
Wellington   Robert
Zamora   Manny

PCH VIPER

I've marked the calendar and will be going for sures.   

Who else is going?
LTK
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

racecars

catwood

I will probably be there.

Too bad they are not doing Thunderhill the following month.....

Fast Eddie

Count me in for this event, looking forward to it.

EXHLR8N

I'm definately in.  This is a fun track.

We ran it twice last year ... both directions.
The Best Things in Life are Dangerous

ViperX

Hey Bruce,

Glad you're in.  Maybe we can do the "follow the leader" thing again.  That was a blast.

I'll likely drive up Thursday, run in the test and tune on Friday, then run Saturday and Sunday with Viper Days.

Cathy will likely be driving the white coupe and she has a girl friend coming that will be driving a black Porsche.

Let's hope for good weather.

Dan <2

racecars

ogo  O O O

I have my room res  >2 >2

<2 <2

NK BREKR

ViperX

Hey Gang,

I've requested that Viper Days run this event "clockwise" in Race 1 configuration and they have agreed.  This should be a fun weekend, weather permitting of course.  Actually, Buttonwillow is kind fun when wet too ..... and we'll have a garage to hang out in between runs.

Check www.buttonwillowraceway.com for more information and a track map.

Dan

ViperX

Hey Gang,

This is the info on the open track day being held on the Friday before Viper Days at Buttonwillow:

Want to experience the thrill of driving your Viper on the track?  Here's an opportunity to do just that!  The Brian Angen Memorial Foundation offers you the opportunity to do what Brian loved best – drive fast on the track!  This event is held by the BAMF, established in memory of Brian Angen who died in a boating accident in 2001, and was the son of Viper Club members Terri and Rocky Angen. 

This year's track day will be held at Buttonwillow Raceway, on February 22, 2008, 9 AM - 5 PM.   It's a friendly, relaxed environment.  We even have raffle prizes.  Buttonwillow is a great track for drivers of all skill levels. Our event is not timed, so you can drive at your own speed and comfort level.  We will have three run groups to accommodate all drivers; beginner, intermediate, and advanced. You can bring other cars besides Vipers.  Viper drivers are encouraged to stay on for the Viper Days Driving School, February 23 & 24. Visit www.viperdays.com for more information. The track is located 196 miles south of San Jose, at I-5 and Lerdo Highway.  Details will be sent to registrants.

The cost is $300.00 per driver; $125.00 is tax deductible (tax certificate will be mailed).   

R.V. parking is available. Gates will be open Thursday night until midnight. 

100% of all proceeds will go to the Brian Angen Memorial Foundation, to help children at Oakland's Children's Hospital.
So come experience the thrill of your Viper, hang out with fellow Viper friends, and contribute to a worthwhile cause!     

BAMF CHARITY TRACK EVENT REGISTRATION FORM
Please send in your entry by February 19, 2008

Driver's Name: ________________________________________________________________

Address: _____________________________________________________________________

City: ______________________________ State: _____________ Zip: ___________________

E-mail: _____________________________________ Phone: ___________________________

$300.00 per driver. Amount enclosed: $_____________________

I can't make it, but I would like to make a donation to the foundation $_________________

Drivers will be grouped by experience.  Please check one of the following.

______I am a beginner (drivers with little experience).
______I am an intermediate driver (I have done at least 3 track events).
______I am an advanced driver (Fast like Brian! I have done many track events).
Car I will be bringing:  _______________________________________________

Please mail checks to:  Brian Angen Memorial Foundation (BAMF) P.O. Box 320111, Los Gatos, CA 95032
If credit card payment is preferred, you can fax entry to 408-379-1901 or e-mail to
[email protected] (Please provide a billing address if different from mailing address.)

Card type__________ Credit card #__________________________________ exp. Date______________
For additional information please contact Terri Angen at 408-594-0439 or [email protected].

Race Ya Later! – Brian Angen

Hope to see some of you there.

Dan

Banzai Ben

Is everyone staying at the Sheraton Four Points? I thought I remember someone staying closer to the track. Anyone doing that?

Hey Dan and Lance, I just got a set of those black SSR wheels with Kumho V700's from PartsRack for this event. Can't wait to try 'em out.

see you guys there,

Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

PCH VIPER

Hey Ben,
Your Bumble bee should look great with the SSR's.....not that anyone will notice because you'll likely be going too fast for us to focus.  <1

I'm staying at the Sheraton.  Are you going to run on Friday too?
I know there is a group of us that will drive out mid morning on Friday.  At this point, I don't think any of us will be doing the test/tune on Friday.  Let me know if you want to head out with us.

See ya soon,
Lance
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Banzai Ben

Hey Lance,
I haven't decided yet whether to run Friday but if I don't then I'd like to cruise up with you guys, thanks.
Are you gonna use your SSR's or one of your other sets? Are you running Sat and Sunday?
Thanks,
Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue