Viper Days at Buttonwillow - Feb 22-24, 2008

Started by ViperX, November 26, 2007, 06:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caliviper

Dan, you're getting real fast.  That's why I want you out there racing with us. 

I remember I was putting along at about 40 MPH on the wet track with the slicks, and at that speed I may have crapped myself... I dont recall because of all the stress.

I rented the Neon at Sebring 2 years ago and the track was damp from the evening rain, and it was the fastest car out there that session (faster than all the vipers in any class.)  Goes to show you how bad our Vipers are in the rain.  You're right about putting on non-slicks and learning car control.  It's very good for that. 

When are you two leaving?  We're going to head out of here Thursday evening some time after traffic dies down a bit.

ViperX

Hey Manny,

Cathy and I are trying to head out on Thursday morning.  We were both planning to drive in the test and tune on Friday, but if it's wet, we won't.  I was hoping to help get her started on this track so she would feel more comfortable running with the rest of our group.  She's never run Buttonwillow clockwise before and only ran a couple of sessions a few years ago counter clockwise.

I am having Archer adjust the "bump steer" in our 06 coupe (Cathy will drive this one), check the alignment and corner weight, so hopefully they'll get that done before Saturday's track event.

We'll be in garage 4, across from where you usually park.

See you at the track.

Dan

caliviper

Cathy should have a blast.  If you two come out to the NASA event at ButtonWillow in April, and if I still have the one Honda Terry Rossi was driving, Cathy should take it out and see what she thinks.  I know she'll have a blast in it.

I love Button Willow because of all the various configuration.  Not sure if I like Clockwise or CCW.  Do you know why Willow Springs never runs CCW?  I think that would be a blast.

I checked out the roster you posted -- looks like a good number of comp coupe racers will be there.  Should be interesting to see how the old gen viper fares against the factory cars. At least this time I will be on the same tires.  Last year I was on Toyos while they were on slicks.  Didn't matter though since the motor grenaded.  Ouch.

caliviper

Does anybody have a garage rental they would be willing to split with me?  I have Valaya racing coming down to support my race car, but there were no garages available back when I called.   Now the forecast calls for rain, so a garage would certainly be helpful in the case of any work needing to be done on the car.

THanks,

Manny

ViperX

We'll have two cars in our garage or I'd split it with you.

I know this may or may not work, but DC Performance has the garage next to us and I don't think they have any cars that they are supporting that weekend, but they may.

Not sure how you feel about asking Dan but he may be willing to help you out.  He's really a good guy.

Dan

Texas_Venom

Well I will be heading up in the morning to spectate again this year... since I dont have my Viper. But I will be heading in with my new Grand Cherokee SRT-8. That all wheel drive might work pretty well out there.    ^8

PCH VIPER

Wow.... what a weekend!!!   <2
It was a great time to say the very least.  The track conditions were constantly changing and it made for some really "exciting" laps.

Thanks Dan and Cathy for getting the garage for us to have as a home base.  It was really nice having a place to gather and hang out.

Amidst all the activities, I managed to click off over 450 pictures !  I'll get them all posted very soon.

Here are just a few......................

Ben and David drag racing down the front straightway !!!

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

PCH VIPER

A few more !

Eddie getting a pump fist ride with Dan

Albert's smile says it all

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Banzai Ben

Awesome pics Lance and Albert! Thanks for sharing them.
Also, Thank you Dan and Cathy for providing the garage to hang out in and for everything else you guys do.
I had a great time Saturday and was bummed that I could not stay for Sunday too. Sounds like everyone had a fun time.
I'm going to the Pantera event this weekend at Willowsprings. Anyone else going?
Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

NK BREKR

Great pictures Lance and Albert.

Many thanks to Dan and Cathy for their incredible hospitality and priceless advice.

Extra big thanks to Ben for taking me on a ride on Friday and David Andrews for letting me take his '08 Venom Red Viper for a spin.  <u

caliviper

It was good to see you all this past weekend.

Dan hit is 2:15, David got faster, and everybody seemed to have a good time.

I wish I could join you guys at the Pantera event, but we have to send my shocks in to get fixed in time for the Cal Speedway event next month.

See you guys soon.

Manny

AlbertFattal

Hey Lance, i am always looking forward to your pictures - your the best at capturing everybody!

ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE & BLOCKCHAIN
Science, Technology & Society
Computer Information Systems

https://AlbertFattal.com/

https://www.linkedin.com/in/albertfattal/