Viper Days at Buttonwillow - Feb 22-24, 2008

Started by ViperX, November 26, 2007, 06:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hey Guys,

My schedule just opened up so Cathy and I will both likely be running the test and tune on Friday.  The Brian Angen event is a bit more money but better organized than last year's test and tune.  With the three run groups, none of our entry level drivers should get "passed by a race car" and leave any deposits on their seat during the day.

We should have the garage Thursday night or Friday morning so come up early if you can.

You guys should remember to have all of your fluids changed before you go up.

Ben, you are going to love that tire / wheel combination and it should look mean on your car.

Dan

PCH VIPER

Having 3 run groups is definitely a plus.  Definitely makes for a much more relaxed atmosphere for us "Sunday Drivers".

Dan, is there any word as to what time the Drivers Meeting will be on Friday morning?   Last year we had to leave really early in the morning to be there in time for that. That made it a REALLY long day.
At this point, I'm on the fence for the Friday test and tune. 

Ben, I'll be on the SSR's with PS2's.  I've got a few little things left to do to the car and I should be ready.

Lance
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Banzai Ben

Dan or anyone else, sorry a little off topic,

Do you guys have a recommendation for a gps lap timer? Anyone have the Racelogic vbox or Starlane Athon?
I'd like to get one but not sure which one. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Hey Ray McIntyre, I think I remember you talking about one you were interested in getting. Did you ever get it?

Thanks,

Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

ViperX

Hey Lance,

The drivers meeting for test and tune is normally 8:00 AM.  If you call Terry Angen, you might be able to run 1/2 a day.

We're going up Thursday early to get set up and then run all day Friday.

Ben; I have a Performance Box "P-Box".  I like the way it works but am not very good at using it yet.  I'll get some practice this weekend at NASA (Willow).  David Green has a "D-Box" and seems to like it.  I think David will be at Viper Days.  Both do much more than just lap times and both download data to a computer for later analysis.  You can check your speed and G's at any point on the race track, compare lap times, see shift points, brake points, etc., etc.

Dan

ViperX

Hey Guys,

Just got more info from Terri Angen on the test and tune day.

Sign ups at the track are 7:00 to 9:00 AM. or you can sign up in advance with the attached form.

Driver's meeting is at 8:30 AM, track goes hot at 9:00AM.

Terri says that they can accommodate a few of us at the 1/2 day rate if we'd like to drive out in the morning and run a couple of sessions in the afternoon.

Contact Terri at: [email protected] or 408-594-0439

Dan

Banzai Ben

Hey Lance,

Are you guys gonna do that half day on Friday? That will work out great for me so I think I will.
I have to leave Sunday morning so I will only be running the Saturday Viper Days.
Please let me know what time you guys are cruising up on Friday morning.

Thanks,

Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

racecars

Hey Guy's  >1

This is for those that don't like the extra travel time from Bakersfield to the track. >2

Red Roof Inn @ Button Willow (10 Miles South on the 5 fwy)

661-764-5121
$49.95 a nite (track Rate)  >2 >2

OGO has been staying there for years ^8 ^8 ^8

It's just been remodel <x

OGO O O O

ViperX

Hey Gang,

Anyone coming to Viper Days, please get your fluids checked and / or changed as necessary before you get to the track.

If your tires are older than three years, you should have them checked and changed as necessary too, no mater how much "tread" they may have.

I spoke with Dan at DC Performance and he will be in the garage next door to us to help us with minor service issues while we're at the track.

FYI, Archer Racing will also be there to support us with the larger items like wheels and tires, alignments, clutches, transmissions and even engines (hope we don't need one of these).

As of today, there are about 50 folks signed up to attend this event.

Hope to see some of you there.

Dan

PCH VIPER

Hey Everyone,
I'm sure everyone is excited about Viper Days which is coming up next weekend.
Unfortunately they are forecasting RAIN....but hopefully that will change as the week goes by.

I will be at Spaghettini's restaurant around 8:45 on Friday morning.  The address is:
3005 Old Ranch Parkway,
Seal Beach, California 90740
Take the 405 fwy north and exit at Seal Beach Blvd.  Spaghettini's is directly across the offramp.
So far the following have confirmed that they will be at Spaghettini's:
Lance, Bruce, Noel, Ozzie, Peter, and Eddie

We will leave at 9:00am and take the 405 to the 605 to the 5 fwy.
We will take the 5 fwy into Sylmar and get off at Roxford and meet at the Denny's. 
Depending on traffic, we should be there around 10:00.

So far the only one confirmed to meet us there is  Art.

Anyone else planning on joining us???

Looking forward to a great weekend !

Lance
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

NK BREKR

Hey Lance,

I checked the forecast for Buttonwillow and sprinkles are projected, but the percentages are 45% chance on Friday, 40% on Saturday and 35% on Sunday.  Let's hope it stays dry.

Do you happen to know if Viper Days is rain or shine?

ViperX

Yep, it's rain or shine.

If it does get wet, it's a great place to practice your car control at reduced speeds.

Dan  <u

NK BREKR

Thanks for the clarification Dan.  Reduced speeds and Viper just don't seem to go together, but we'll make the most of it  >3

EXHLR8N

The Best Things in Life are Dangerous

caliviper

Quote from: ViperX on February 19, 2008, 09:23:45 AM
Yep, it's rain or shine.

If it does get wet, it's a great place to practice your car control at reduced speeds.

Dan  <u

At waaaay reduced speeds :-)  Should be fun.  Last time I ran at Button Willow in the rain, I only had slicks and it was a mess on the track -- not even fun at that point since you cant get the car to turn.  Making sure I bring some rain tires this time around.

See you guys there.

-Manny

ViperX

Hey Manny ( <5),

Maybe if you stay on your oldest, worst set of slicks and I buy brand new rain tires and have my best day ever at any track, I could keep up with you for a while ..... or not.  Maybe if I paid you?

Hope to see you and Carolina at the track.

Dan