Nov 3 & 4 Viper Track Day at Willow Springs with Pantera Club

Started by ViperX, September 05, 2007, 10:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

To all Viper owners interested in tracking their cars;

The Pantera Club is holding their annual fall track event at Willow Springs on November 3 and 4, 2007.  I have attended this event the last two years and it is very well run with safety and fun being the top priorities.  It is organized much like Viper days with runs groups based upon driving experience and skill level.  Run groups are organized from Green (novice) to Yellow (some track experience) to Blue (driving school, passing experience) to Red (this is really a race group).

Tech requirements are very basic and passengers over 18 are allowed to ride with you on the track with basic safety equipment (helmet, cotton pants, shirt and closed shoes). 

See attached flyer for complete details and registration forms.

"In car" instructors are available for those of us that would like them and are highly recommended for Green group participants.  I believe our own Ray McIntyre will be instructing at this event. 

There is also a race on Saturday afternoon that is fun to watch.

Most of the cars running are Panteras, Ferraris, Porsches, BMW's, Corvettes and perhaps a Mustang, Evo or Subaru.  It's fun passing them.  Last year Cathy blew by a guy driving a Ferrari in the front straight, embarrassed him in front of his buddies and we're still talking about it.

One of the best parts of this event is the price, it's only $225.00 for the entire weekend for one driver if you sign up before October 16th, you can add another driver for only $25.00.  Cathy and I will both be attending and driving this one.

If you are interested in going, sign up early as this event has sold out early the last two years.

If we get enough Viper folks to commit to this event early, we'll rent a garage and get some drinks and snacks together for the group.  We could also set up a group dinner on Saturday night.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Dan <2

HOTEL INFORMATION

Best Western Antelope Valley Inn - WSRaceway rate $79 per night (other rates begin at $109)
44055 Sierra Highway
Lancaster, CA 93534-4412
Phone: 661-948-4651 - tell them you're going to Willow Springs Raceway

Included in rate, raceway guests receive:
  Free buffet breakfast
  Two free happy-hour drinks

Click here for LINK to Hotel.

Click here for MAP from Hotel to Track.

catwood

ViperX

Hey Carl,

Glad you can make this one.

See you there, unless you can make the TCRA Event Sept 22 & 23.

I picked up new, stiffer sway bars from Archer and a vented hood for my GTS.

New, bigger catch can coming from Dave C.

Anxious to try the car out. 

Haven't been to the track in 3 months due to the heat and heat related issues.  After trying eveything reasonable including a new radiator, I found out that the water pump bearing had failed at only 8,000 miles and had to replace it.

Hopefully no more issues with the car.

Dan <2

catwood

I can't make the TCRA event, very sad.  But i will be going Oct 10th to ACRA.  I'm probably not going to do anything else to my car for now except for tires although I still need to get up to A&C and get the front bushings replaced.  Paul and his wife will be going also with his new <cough> vette.

ViperX

Hey Carl,

Do you mean your buddy Paul?  I ran into him at Fudruckers one Tuesday afternoon in his new copper vette.

Is Paul going to the TCRA or the Pantera Event?

Did you notice that those anti-toe brackets stiffened up the rear suspension of your GTS?  They did on my car.

Dan

catwood

yeah..that Paul.  He's going to the Pantera event.  We are also planning on doing the ACRA event Oct 10th.  That will be the first time out this season.

I haven't felt a difference on the street yet with the brackets.  The Roe fascia kit seems to make more differenct on the freeway than I expected.  I think it will be dramatic on the track.

RayMcIntyre

Hey Dan,

Yes I have signed up for the event and I am instructing.  Sounds like lots of fun, hopefully we will have a big group of vipers...

ray

ViperX

Hey Ray,

I bought the Tire Pressure Montoring Tool that you and DC recommended.  I'll try it at the TCRA Event.  It looks like it will do everything we need.

Too bad you can't make TCRA.

See you soon,

Dan

RayMcIntyre

Dan,

Great, it will be good to use it and see where our temps are as we all come off the track.

Ray

Radical Guy

I'm in for this one.  The registration form says we need a fire extinguisher.  Does anyone know where I can get one?   <1
2004 SRT-10

ViperX

Hey Brent,

I got my fire extenguisher from Roe Racing.  It comes with a bracket that mounts to the passenger seat's front two bolts.  Simple install and very effective.

I'm guessing that Parts Rack (one of our sponsors) also sells these.  I'd give JonB a call.

Dan

PS  This is one of those things that all of us should have in our cars.

Radical Guy

Thanks Dan.  I'll contact JonB.  The website does not list it.

Brent
2004 SRT-10

catwood

I'm not saying I really did this but once in a rental that couldn't show evidence of being at a track a fire extenguisher from costco was zip tied to a mounting point. 

Tech was not an issue at this event.

I bought the one for my viper from Roe with the brackets.

ViperX

When it comes to a car, zip ties are right up there with duct tape ..... very handy to have.

Kala

Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D