Drive ACS Fontana May 4 & 5 with Speed Ventures

Started by ViperX, March 12, 2013, 07:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Ok Fellas,

Time to run with the Big Dogs at Auto Club Speedway, Fontana.

May 4, 2013 & May 5, 2013,  Auto Club Speedway - FULL COURSE, Auto Competition Course - "ROVAL" (CCW)

Run groups are available for all skill levels from Beginner to Advanced.  See below for details.

Prices as follows for Saturday features open track for all drivers:

Red $190.00
For ADVANCED drivers comfortable with open passing and race-like conditions.
Green $190.00
For Advanced and High Intermediate Drivers comfortable with open passing and race-like conditions.
Black $190.00
For HIGH-INTERMEDIATE drivers. Point-by passing only, anywhere on track.
Blue $190.00
For LOW-INTERMEDIATE drivers or NOVICE drivers (with an instructor). Point-by passing only, in designated areas.
White $165.00
For BEGINNING drivers with NO PRIOR track experience and LOW-INTERMEDIATE drivers or very slow or extremely cautious drivers who are WILLING TO SHARE THE TRACK WITH BEGINNERS. Lead-Follow, No Passing until later in the day!
Insufficient experience; Please contact us to select this run group.

SUNDAY features open track for all drivers plus the S2K Challenge

Go to www.speedventures.com for more info or to sign up.

I'll be running in the red group.

See you at the track,

Dan  <2

Driver's List:

Dan E
Mike B
Ben K
Mat G
Derek S
Scott P
Chris P
Chris W

redtanrt10

Dan,

I'm planning on being there, just not sure if both days?

Mike

Banzai Ben

2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

ViperX

Saturday for sure.

My tires are good for at least one more day.

Dan  <2

DavidSB

Hi Guys,
I'm back - but in my GT3. Looking forward to seeing all again.
David Green

Matthew G

Dan,

I will run on Saturday for sure!  Sunday will be a maybe.  I will need the phone number or email for the guy with the clear bra. 

<2

Thank you,  Matthew

ViperX

We've had good luck with TJ Wallace for clear bras.

TJ's phone number is 714-350-6070.

I used the teflon coated clear bra on my ACR and it cleans up very easily compared to the regular clear bra.

Good luck,

Dan  <2

Derek

not sure if i will run yet or not.... but saturday me and my sister will be there for sure. and my uncle got word about this also and he may come out as well...

got a question about some 4pt. harnesses.... looking to get one only for the drive side for when i do the track events.

i have a credit of 150 bucks for this place and id like to cash in on it, and put it towards something use full...

here is the link the the ones im looking at....  http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=EM&Category_Code=SPARCO-HARNESS

my question is what will i need to be able to bolt up the 4pt. hardness up and go?

ViperX

Hey Derek,

Get the six points. 

Our SRT Vipers are set up for six points.  Installation is pretty straight forward.  You will want belts that accommodate a HANS device.

Also, most track outfits don't allow 4 points or will want to inspect them every time you attend an event.

Crow makes good harnesses locally.

I have Team Tech's in my ACR though might not buy these again - a bit spendy.

Subie Sports in Huntington Beach has some belts too.

See you at the track,

Dan  <2

ChrisW

I have a 2005 with no mods at all, i'm wondering about the oil starvation issue with this long sweeping turn. what are you're thoughts on it?

ViperX

Quote from: ChrisW on April 08, 2013, 11:09:22 AM
I have a 2005 with no mods at all, i'm wondering about the oil starvation issue with this long sweeping turn. what are you're thoughts on it?

Unless you are really haulin' butt on sticky tires and run a quart or two low on oil, you should be fine.

I'd add an extra quart of oil at the track and check your oil between runs.  Make sure you stay above the "full" line.

Dan

redtanrt10

Chris,

If your interested in the dodge comp coupe version swing-arm oil pan let me knwo.  I have a nice used one that I'd be willing to seel to a SoCal memeber for $750.00. 

Mike

PCH VIPER

Quote from: redtanrt10 on April 09, 2013, 11:21:37 AM
Chris,

If your interested in the dodge comp coupe version swing-arm oil pan let me knwo.  I have a nice used one that I'd be willing to seel to a SoCal memeber for $750.00. 

Mike

Installed !!      >s
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

redtanrt10

Quote from: PCH VIPER on April 09, 2013, 08:05:32 PM
Installed !!      >s

This would be a great project for the next episode of "Lance's Garage"

ViperX