Drive ACS Fontana May 4 & 5 with Speed Ventures

Started by ViperX, March 12, 2013, 07:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banzai Ben

I'm in for Saturday!  >g

I just have to do a one session ride along to help someone with the line.

See you guys there!
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

ViperX

Darn,

The weather is looking much better than it did a week ago.

I guess I waited too long to sign up as they are sold out for Saturday.

Been busy with work stuff, so won't make it this time.

Be safe out there you guys.

See you next time.

Dan  <2

Banzai Ben

Dan,
If you volunteer to instruct there 's probably space for you.
I was told I only have to show a newbie how to enter and exit the track and the line.

redtanrt10

Dan, sorry to hear this.  As Ben said Aaron got me and Jonathan in yesterday by agreeing to instruct, which I was going to volunteer for anyway.

Not sure 1 more red is going to make a difference, give him a call.  Weather looks good for Saturday, mid-80's.  sunday has a decent chance for rain.  Hope to see you there  Mike

Redsled

Scottp

Unfortunately guys I'm with Dan - this darn work stuff has gotten in the way.

Be safe and have fun.  Hope to see you soon at another event.

Scottp

swisspower

Hi Dan
I discovered a big crack in my front break rotor tonight durring my race tire installation. I`m out of time. So, I sent Aaron a email with a chancellation request. If you are still interested in driving in the red group on Saturday. Here would be yor spot.
See you guys soon
Peter aka swisspower

Banzai Ben

Mike, Jonathan, and others going tomorrow,
I have a garage if you need to store things or need some shade.
See you guys tomorrow.
Ben

Redsled

Great day at the track yesterday.  First time back in 6 years and it was more challenging then I remember.  Lots of fast cars in the Red group.  All of the Vipers represented well.  The weather was perfect.  Still can't seem to keep the car flat out into turns 1 & 2.  The car is capable, the driver is not at this point. I do believe Mike had a personal best time yesterday, but I will let him share the good news. :)

redtanrt10

As Jonathan said it was a good day, track wasn't too crowded, temp only got to the  low 80's.  Along with the 2 of us Ben came for only a couple of sessions, Steve was there with Dan Cragin prepping his comp coupe, Johnny Yuma was there but had clutch problems.  Saw a guy with a ACR just like ViperX but didn't see where he was parked.  Couple of fast vett's, girl in a ZR-1 and Chuck from San Diego.  It's been over a year since I've been there, can't say I ran great but kept my foot in the throttle on the oval and managed a personal best of 1:51.3, hoping to get under 1:50 in the fall.

Ben, I met John Dearing, he says he has a very fast GTS race car w/ABS, told him be great for you and asked if he'd take your's in trade.

Jonathan, I looked over the video's and saw my best and better laps had me on the throttle to 50' from the Royal Purple sign.  I've got to sort through the video's and I'll post some later.  The link below is from the truck wreck with the girl in the vett.  Also, I looked up the fire we saw, giant wood plallet factory, burned to the ground!  Had a great time, thanks for the help, and the beer!  Mike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew0cyuuVKGQ

Redsled

Nice vid Mike. Now it kinda looks like the Vette could be at fault.  She wasn't in the driver's meeting as per Aaron, so she wouldn't have know about not passing in the kink.  It looks like she may have forced the Nascar left as she passed and he then tried to get back to the right and lost it.  Had she not passed in the kink, there would have been no issues. Sent you a PM.

Matthew G

I am getting better I ran a 1.57 and top speed was 165.  It looks like I'm going to have to move up from the PS2.  >g
Matthew

Banzai Ben

Matt, nice lap time and 165 is flying! That is awesome!  >v You are braver than me! I've only been up to 158, I chicken out and lift.

Mike, great lap times and video. It did look like she passed at the kink which is the only place they told us not to!

In my second session I started going faster but also started locking up the brakes again so I called it a day.
I'm going to have Dan put in a proportioning valve and see if that helps. Maybe I should look for an ABS car. >m

Redsled

Quote from: Banzai Ben on May 05, 2013, 06:20:24 PM

In my second session I started going faster but also started locking up the brakes again so I called it a day.
I'm going to have Dan put in a proportioning valve and see if that helps. Maybe I should look for an ABS car. >m

Ben, I wonder why you are locking up the brakes so much?  My car does have a prop valve, but my previous 97 GTS track car with the Stop Tech set up you have did not.  Something is definitely going on with your brake set up to lock them up all the time or..........you are simply standing on the brakes as if you had ABS.  Did you activate the ABS on your previous track cars very often?

Banzai Ben

Jonathan,
I started tracking 11 years ago and it was always with ABS cars so I'm used to just standing on the brake pedal and I would activate the abs often or very little, depending on the track
I think it's probably a combination of me pressing too hard and maybe the brakes also need to be dialed in better,the prop valve and maybe different pads. Hopefully in time I'll get it to work for me otherwise I'll have to get an ABS equipped car!
Thanks.