Drive ACS Fontana May 4 & 5 with Speed Ventures

Started by ViperX, March 12, 2013, 07:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCH VIPER

Quote from: ViperX on April 10, 2013, 05:03:31 PM
So, did you do the install Lance?

No...I was just yanking Buck's chain  >w  that his price should be "installed".

I have done the Gen 2 pans, but have never done the Gen 3 swing arm.  Is there a lot involved with it?
I can't imagine it being too terribly difficult.   I get the feeling that Buck is going to volunteer me for the job since he doesn't want to get his white t-shirt dirty.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Quote from: PCH VIPER on April 10, 2013, 08:04:49 PM
No...I was just yanking Buck's chain  >w  that his price should be "installed".

I have done the Gen 2 pans, but have never done the Gen 3 swing arm.  Is there a lot involved with it?
I can't imagine it being too terribly difficult.   I get the feeling that Buck is going to volunteer me for the job since he doesn't want to get his white t-shirt dirty.

Installation is real straight forward.  You will need a torque wrench and some deep sockets along with a few other regular tools.  You will also want to apply some RTV to the corners of the oil pan gasket which is normally re-useable.

Add a new oil filter and some fresh oil and you're done!

Dan  <2

PCH VIPER

Quote from: ViperX on April 11, 2013, 12:13:15 PM
Installation is real straight forward.  You will need a torque wrench and some deep sockets along with a few other regular tools.  You will also want to apply some RTV to the corners of the oil pan gasket which is normally re-useable.

Add a new oil filter and some fresh oil and you're done!

Dan  <2

Sounds very much like the gen 2 pan install.

So easy even Buck can do it !   >l

Matthew G

Dan,
I just got my car back from TJ.  He installed my new clear bra on the front, sides and rear I am hoping it will last a long time.  I will put it to the test soon at Fontana.  <m 
Thank you,
Matthew

Banzai Ben

I decided to do the West Coast Customs tour so you can scratch me off the list for this event.

Also, because I'm running Big Willow on the 9th.

Thanks
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

redtanrt10

Ben, sorry to hear that, I was looking forward to chasing you around ACS.  Mike

swisspower

Hi Everybody
I will drive Saturday in the red group.
See you in Fontana
Peter aka Swisspower

Doc

Dan,

Sorry I can't make this one either. NASA is running the same weekend at WSIR. I'm leading in points for both TT3 and ST3, and planning on going to Nationals this year. So I have to stay focused there for now. Hopefully there will be some non-overlapping events soon.

Doc
Donn (aka "Doc")
Carlsbad, CA
www.competition-classics.com

Leo

Signed up to run on Sunday, have a conflict Saturday afternoon. Maybe I'll sign up for West Coast Customs and get the best of both worlds!

PCH VIPER

Quote from: ViperX on April 10, 2013, 05:03:31 PM
So, did you do the install Lance?

Not yet.

Chris, are you still planning to run ACS this weekend??

redtanrt10

Saturday is now sold out, Jonathan and I got in by agreeing to instruct. Sunday is only avaialbe for the high intermediate and red groups.  If you're on the fence, sign up for Sunday now or your out.  Mike

Redsled

Hey Mike. I just signed up per Aaron's email.  I'll turn up the wick on the flames for your camera this time.  Haven't run ACS is about 7 years, so I will be on a learning curve this time.  What time is everyone showing up to the track? Save me a spot in the pits Mike as I will be driving down early that morning.

-Jonathan

redtanrt10

Jonathan, I'm leaving South OC around 5:30 am, should be at the track by 7.  Dan probably has a garage so I'll park near his rig and save you a space.  Mike

Banzai Ben

2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

redtanrt10

Ben, hope you get in!  Always enjoy chasing you. Looked at forecast today,now showing the daytime high Saturday is only 84.  Also looks like lite rain Sunday. good luck and hope to see you!  Mike