SPRING MOUNTAIN Motorsports Ranch - June 5 & 6

Started by ViperX, December 01, 2009, 10:14:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redtanrt10

Dan,

would like to go to Willow too.  Need to check my schedule.  anybody got cheap spares tires, my kuhmo's will be done after Spring Mountain??

Mike

Banzai Ben

Tire Rack or Partsrack has a close out on some 335 Kumho's for $199. Older production date but they said they were stored in optimal conditions so they are still good. I picked up a couple.

Mike, I have two used 335 Toyo R888's you can use if you want. there's enough rubber for at least one more event.

Anyone need a fire extinguisher and bracket for gen 3 or 4? $100
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

ViperX

Hey Mike,

Time for some Hoosiers - now that you've got a trailer.

ticketmered

Could anyone please post Lance's shop address, please? Its been awhile since I was last there and cant remember how to get there.

DEDLY4U

Mike & Cheryl have registered for Spring Mountain.  Look out Dan because I will be in your rear view mirrow.  I might be way back, but I will be there, some where, I think? =15

DarkSnake

What is the current plan with instruction at the track, anyone sharing an instructor? If not I wouldn't mind going in with someone or alone, I think I saw the cost at $250 for the day, my preference is Saturday.

Juan
Juan V

2008 Viper Coupe
2012 458 Italia
2012 SuperBee

Super Villain

A couple of in car videos of the track configurations we will be running.  This is in a Lotus 2-Eleven a non-street legal track car so the line for our cars will be different, but you can at least visualize the track now.   Also note that the start point is different from where we will be starting, but you can see where he is on the track thanks to the digital map.

3.1 mile layout for Sat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2MatqzcYiA

2.7 mile layout for Sun:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-pci51dess

"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

PCH VIPER

Time to set up some meet points !!!

What time should we plan to be in Barstow ??    11:00 ?       11:30 ?

What works  best for everyone ?
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

1HOTACR

Earlier the better for us.    Can't run at 80+mph pulling a trailer. 8)
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

Super Villain

Barstow by 11:30am is great because we can just break for lunch there as well.  If we get back on the road by say 12:30pm (at the latest) that should get us into Pahrump just before 4pm.  All the rooms should be ready for check in by then at the Nugget.  Gives us time to clean up and then head over to Q's for dinner at 5:30pm. 

Viper crew may get into Pahrump closer to 3:30pm.  Trailer crew probably closer to 4pm.

Mike, Cheryl, and I could meet up in Torrance and then head out on the 110 to the 91.  We can meet up with Eddie along the way since he is in Long Beach and then we can catch up with you Lance further down the 91?
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

DavidSB

Where does everyone want to meet up in Barstow? Starbucks at the Outlet Center?
David (towing trailer)

PCH VIPER

Quote from: DavidSB on May 24, 2010, 02:45:51 PM
Where does everyone want to meet up in Barstow? Starbucks at the Outlet Center?
David (towing trailer)

Hey David,
Last time we were going to eat at In&Out but it was packed to the gills.
We ended up across the street at the Carls Jr which had plenty of parking and short lines.
We'll probably end up there again for lunch.

Carl's Jr.
2856 Lenwood Road
Barstow, CA 92311
(760) 253-4846
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

DavidSB

I remember! I'll see you at Carl Jr. Should be there around 11:30.
David

ViperX

Hey Guys,

Cathy and I are planning to be at the Outlet Center just before Barstow about 11:30 AM.

There's a Baja Fresh, Carls Jr. (we park in between the two as it has oversize parking), a sandwhich shop, etc. Diesel and gas are available (Chevron for you guys driving Vipers).  I'll be towing with the new Dodge 250 I just picked up last week.  It's about the same color as my ACR.

From there we head to Baker for a gas and potty stop, then on to Pahrump.

I may get the trailer painted (white) before we leave but not sure yet.

Dan

kenalker

Quote from: Banzai Ben on May 21, 2010, 11:47:15 AM
Tire Rack or Partsrack has a close out on some 335 Kumho's for $199. Older production date but they said they were stored in optimal conditions so they are still good. I picked up a couple.

Ben.  Thanx!  How'd you find out about the sale?

They are from 2007.  Is it OK to run those with new 305's on the front (IOW, is it bad to have 3 year older tires on the back, even if all are "new")?

Did you have Tire Rack shave them or heat treat them?

Ken