SPRING MOUNTAIN Motorsports Ranch - June 5 & 6

Started by ViperX, December 01, 2009, 10:14:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenalker

I just booked my room and Lena can come with this time!

If I can get out of here on time this year (no all-nighters this time working on the 6-point harnesses or suspension since I finished it all last time!) I'll see if I can't meet up with you as you go through the Victorville area (I don't think you'll blend in real well on the freeway - I should be able to pick you out).  Otherwise, I'll see you in Barstow.

Anyone leaving from the Santa Barbara or Ventura areas (or going through Santa Clarita or Pearblossom) want to caravan to Barstow?

Ken

ViperX

Hey Ken,

Good to hear from you.

If David Green is driving that weekend, he'll be coming from Santa Barbara.

Dan

JR3xV10

We will be at this event for sure.  Just not sure if we are going to run the track or just hang out but it will be fun either way.

PCH VIPER

Hey Robert
No excuses!  Drive with us. If you can keep up with the SD caravan on the fwy, you'll be faster than some of us!
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Hey Guys,

We've gone to great lengths to make this event "rookie track guy" friendly this year.  You should at least consider driving with us.  You would be driving in the "beginner / intermediate group" and should hire an in car instructor from the track for the first day.

The first two sessions will likely be "lead / follow" and you can run at your own pace.

See our flyer under the first post for more details.

Dan

JR3xV10

Its not our driving abilities that would keep us off the track.  Its the proper gear we are missing (helmets, suits,etc.)  Heck Jeff used to be one heck of a driver, just ask Skipp =15  I on the other hand could benefit from some good instruction.

ViperX

Hey Guys,

You will want to call the track but I think it has a limited number of driving suits available to loan.

You will want to buy a good helmet though as fit is pretty important.  For about $300, you can get a good quality open face Bell helmet which you will need for VOI's or AutoX's or other future driving events.

Hope you can make it.

Dan

ViperX

Hey Guys,

This just in:

Just got off the phone with Bob Blizzard and wanted to run this by all attendees.

Bob is willing to do a pre-Spring Mountain track prep session where he can show our group the driving "line" prior to our regional track event there.  Bob has driven this track and could take us around the track turn by turn (on paper), helping us learn the line and maximizing our time on track.

We could also cover some on track driving "basics"  and car prep if we end up with some newbies.  I know it will be helpful for our group (and to me). 

We're thinking about doing this on Saturday May 15 or Sunday May 23 at Lance's shop followed by lunch.

Please let me know if you are interested in attending ASAP and we'll set it up.

Thanks,

Dan

Banzai Ben

I'm interested Dan.
You planning on doing any track events in May?
Thanks,
Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

Super Villain

That sounds like a great idea.  May 15th suddenly became unavailable.  May 23rd became better.

"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

ViperX

Hey Ben,

Yes, I need to drive at least one more time before Spring Mountain to keep the "rust" off.

Let me know if you come up with anything.

The POC will be at Willow Springs in early May.  Not sure if they'll let us drive with them but I'm looking into it.

Willow might also have something going over Memorial Day, which I'd be fine with - I'll keep trying to find something.

Dan

1HOTACR

I'm in for May 15th

Glenn............... <1
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

Scottp

Dan,

Sounds like a great idea to me, however; the 15th is not good for me - 23rd is best.

Thanks,
ScottP

Rocketman

Dan,
I was about to buy a cheap single layer driving suit for the Spring Mountain event.

I just wanted to verify that they will accept a SFI 3-2A/1 suit  (Like what was hot-linked in the flyer) with no special underwear.

The reason that I ask is that I have been researching a bit on suits and find that NASA and SCCA require fire resistant underwear with a SFI 3-2A/1 suit, so, I wondered if that might be where the SM insurance company is getting their requirement from.

I will never be in anything but low intermediate and no racing; so, as far as I'm concerned, this is just window dressing for me.

Thanks,
Jim Schlemm
Jim
'02 GTS ACR  Gray/silver

Chandler AZ

ticketmered

I plan on attending the Spring Mountain event. I need to upgrade my brakes to Stoptechs. Anyone out there know how to remove and install brake rotors and pads? Also, if the rears wear out less than the fronts, should I replace discs at all corners or just the fronts?

If anyone can do this ahead of this event at Lance's shop, maybe the weekend before, I will feed you carne asada, and all the trimmings that go with it.