SPRING MOUNTAIN Motorsports Ranch - June 5 & 6

Started by ViperX, December 01, 2009, 10:14:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banzai Ben

Hey Scott, I have a extra helmet you can use if you want to.
Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

Speedtactics

Ben,
Thanks I'll let you know once I find out I may give them a call sometimes they want to be sure its got the right certification.
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

Rocketman

I plan on being there; so, I guess that I will look into a driving suit.  Sounds like overkill to me; but, the price isn't bad.

Is there any reason why not to get a two piece suit? Jacket and pants?  Did they say ony 1-piece, or just any SFI rated suit? It sure seems that on a warm day, it would be good to be able to take the top part off between sessions.   Probably is not quite as protective; but, if I am comfortable just driving in denim, I'm OK with a two piece suit.  Yeah, I know a one piece looks "cooler"; but, it would take a lot more than that to make me look cool.  Besides, what's cooler than driving a Viper at speed on a road course ?

Looking forward to a mega-Viper event !

Jim Schlemm
Jim
'02 GTS ACR  Gray/silver

Chandler AZ

Vinamus

Ice Man,
Hook me up for another flight!
I got your back...
Gunner
Gary & Melissa

ViperX

Rocketman,

A one piece suit is MUCH SAFER from a fire standpoint.  Check out the $110 suit in our flyer as it's a very good suit for the $$$$.....and you can always peel off the top half in between sessions, or if you wear shorts and a T-shirt under it like I do, you can easily slip it off.

Gunner,

OK, wingman, when Deadhead comes around and tries to pass me, you can be the blocker!

Try to stay off of the rev limiter.....

Iceman

Super Villain

%o %k %!   %i '% %m   %i %n  %! %! %!

Just did the paypal thing and booked my room at the nugget.  They said the spring mountain special rate was $79 for Friday, $79 for Sat. and then $59 for Sun.  Does that sound right?

Okay let's get the caravan plans going!  Who is heading out there on Friday?  Its about 5 hrs so if we setup a meet point by 10am and then hit the road, even with gas and food stops, we should be at the hotel by 4pm-ish.  Just in time for check-in! 
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

ViperX

Cathy and I are planning to stop for lunch Friday at the Outlet Mall just before Barstow, hopefully about 11:30 - 11:45.

Perhaps we'll see some of you guys there ..... then you can blow by us as we'll be towing.

Dan

Super Villain

Okay you're referring to the Tanger Outlet Mall off the 15 and Lenwood?

Maybe that can be a lunch meet point for everyone.  Will have to look for a better place for gas though.  With 11.1 to 1 compression I have to be picky with my gas ;)

"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

ViperX

Pretty sure there's a Chevron Station at the off ramp which is about as good as it gets for 91 octane.

If I were running 11:1 CR, I'd buy some Torco fuel additive.

This is the stuff I put in my Paxton car when I'm planning to run it hard.

Much less $$$$$ than buying 100 and mixing with 91.

Dan

PCH VIPER

Last year we met at 11:00 at the Chevron located at 12659 Foothill Blvd, Etiwanda, CA 91739
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=12659+Foothill+Blvd,+Etiwanda,+CA+91739&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=34.724817,56.25&ie=UTF8&ll=34.107434,-117.528734&spn=0.008866,0.013733&t=h&z=16&iwloc=addr

Timing was fine...but it put us in Barstow rightat lunch and caught a ton of traffic in the fast food joints.

I think we should meet in Ontario at 10:00 and leave by 10:30
This will put us in Barstow by 11:30.

We will stop in Barstow by the outlet center off Lenwood Rd for gas and eat at the Carl's.  In and Out was definitely NOT IN and OUT as the lines were out the door.

We'll try to get out of there by 12:30.
From there it is 3 hours into Pahrump. 
This will get us into Pahrump sometime before 4:00 so we'll have just enough time to check in, get cleaned up, rest and head over to VonQuillich Manor

Last year we made up a bunch of time on the backroad....BUT have no intent on doing THAT AGAIN.   >1
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Radical Guy

What do you mean Lance?  You don't want to follow the pace car out there like last time?  OK, I'll go slower.  I'll meet up in Ontario again. ^10
2004 SRT-10

PCH VIPER

Quote from: Brent Kern on March 30, 2010, 10:56:21 PM
What do you mean Lance?  You don't want to follow the pace car out there like last time?  OK, I'll go slower.  I'll meet up in Ontario again. ^10

13 Vipers,  LOOOOng straight road,   and we are all CHASING a Rent-a-Car   >m  Go Figure   >w
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Hey Guys,

Lance is correct.  We've made this trip many times and the In and Out is anything but ....

Also, the Outlet Mall before Barstow is usually pretty quick at 11:30 AM.  After that, it can get a bit more crowded but is still better than Barstow proper for traffic, food, gas, etc.

Dan

Radical Guy

I just booked my room at the Nugget.  It is $79/night on the weekend (Fri./Sat.).  Rooms are almost sold out, except for the Viper Club group.  Looking forward to it! =15
2004 SRT-10

Speedtactics

My room is booked.I can't wait to see the Nugget. =28
Watch out Vegas.
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics