Main Menu

Advanced Car Control Clinic

Started by ViperX, October 06, 2008, 12:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hi Guys and Gals,

The feedback is coming in - thanks.  It seems most of you enjoyed CCC #1.

OK, so now that we've done CCC #1, I've had requests for CCC #2 and an Advanced Car Control Clinic.

We can set up CCC #2 for next year, perhaps in the spring if there is enough interest.  Cost should be similar based upon participation.

If we can put together an advanced Car Control Clinic at Willow Springs or Buttonwillow with Bob Blizzard and his instructors (in conjunction with NASA, Grand Prix West or Speed Ventures), how many would be interested in attending? 

We would plan to have an instructor for every two attendees, in car communication, do some lead follow and basic on track driving instruction.  Attendees could run in beginner, intermediate or advanced sessions based upon their track experience.  We could make it a one day or weekend event.  The plan again is to have fun and learn how to better control you car. 

Please let me know how many of you would like to attend this type of event and we'll start planning it if we have enough interest.

Dan  <2

racecars

<C

OGO is in for the work detail  O>

OGO  O> O> O> plus all my AKA's  ^8 ^8

PCH VIPER

Quote from: ViperX on October 06, 2008, 12:53:01 PM

If we can put together an advanced Car Control Clinic at Willow Springs or Buttonwillow with Bob Blizzard and his instructors (in conjunction with NASA, Grand Prix West or Speed Ventures), how many would be interested in attending? 

We would plan to have an instructor for every two attendees, in car communication, do some lead follow and basic on track driving instruction.  Attendees could run in beginner, intermediate or advanced sessions based upon their track experience.  We could make it a one day or weekend event.  The plan again is to have fun and learn how to better control you car. 

Please let me know how many of you would like to attend this type of event and we'll start planning it if we have enough interest.

Dan  <2

You can count me in and I'll help in any way I can.
Lance
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Scottp

Dan,

That was a great event last weekend............................. you can count me in for the next one!

Scott Pennington

Kadeuces

ViperVenom

>g I had a blast.  Ready to do it again.  I'm  >q for the next one.
Jim

Super Villain

Sounds almost like a mini-Viper Days.

Name the time and place and I'll be there!
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

ViperX

"Sounds like a mini-Viper Days".

That's the plan.

I spoke with Bob Blizzard (Viper Days chief driving instructor) last night and we're planning to tentatively do this at Buttonwillow in January.

I need to do some further research but Bob can provide us with 3 or 4 instructors and I'm planning on about 12 attendees.  We'd have an instructor in our car at least 1/2 of the time, doing lead / follow the other half.

Focus would be on car control on the track, i.e. a bit faster than you can go in a parking lot.

We'd hook up with NASA or Speed Ventures or whoever we can to share track time to keep costs down and we'd do it over a weekend.  If possible, I'll try to find a "test and tune" Friday to go along with this event.

Buttonwillow is a very technical, slower track than Willow Springs with good run off (few if any rocks, lots of dirst / grass) and a very good place to learn car control.

Please let me know your interest level at this time.

More details to follow.

Thanks,

Dan

Kadeuces

Super Villain

"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

ViperX

Not having much luck on this event so far.  Buttonwillow will only give us a "one day" deal in January and that's kinda' far to drive for only one day.

I'm going to check with Fontana and see if we can rent their infield track.  It's the one that the SRT experience is held on.  It's kind tight and twisty in spots, but should be a good learning track and it's close - no overnight stay necessary.

Comments?

Dan

PCH VIPER

All things being considered, even if it costs a little more to have it in Fontana, that seems like the most ideal place for it.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

racecars

Fontana would be perfect for what were trying to do, I've driven that one twice <F, and I think we'd get a better turn out.

OGO
  O> O> O>

ticketmered

Since driving the ROVAL I cant to get back on the track so I am in.

RayMcIntyre

My schedule is looking pretty open mid to late January, let me know if you need any help?
Fontana would be fun!

Ray