$100 track day at WSIR Sunday, August 10, 2008

Started by Redsled, July 27, 2008, 02:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redsled

ViperX

Hey Jonathan,

Thanks for the tip.

Installed the Autoform "Lemans Style" wing and cannards on my GTS last weekend.  I posted two photos below.  This is one big wing, though it doesn't look so big in the photos.

Also installed new springs, 800 front / 1100 rear.

Planning to install the splitter next weekend on Sunday after our Saturday Viper Club picnic.

Would like to do some test and tune work on it before Viper Days.

May be able to make this Sunday track day, not sure on the work scene right now.

Dan

ViperX

This event is back on.  See:  http://grandprixwest.com/index.php to sign up for this event.

If you paste in the discount code from the VCA thread you get the day for $100.00.

Here's the thread: http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/616713-big-willow-sunday-august-10-a.html

Here's a print out of the details from the VCA website:

VCOA Members,

Sorry for the short notice, but we just got the date. We are hosting an open track event on Sunday August 10 at the Big Track at Willow Springs. We need more high powered vehicles and since we are bringing our SRT10 Ram, we could use the competition. Any member of VCOA can use coupon code d671ba and get in for an unheard of steal at just $100.00. We are limiting the number of run groups to just 3, so there will be plenty of run time for everyone on an uncrowded track. AMB timing and instructors are available. Feel free to call or write with questions and registration is open now on our website. See you there!

Phil
[email protected]
Grand Prix West

They'll have beginner, intermediate and advanced groups available.  They like to use a "point by" for passing.

Hope this helps,

Dan

Banzai Ben

Dan,
The wing looks awesome, I like it. I might be interested in going to this event. Is anyone else going?
Thanks,
Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

Redsled

Dan, why would you label my track thread "cancelled?" >1
A little quick on the gun don't you think?
I don't see how that will get more Vipers out to the track.

858paxton05

I am going with my Viper and hope to bring 3 other cars with me. I am in for Sunday.

ViperX

Yeah, I'm going Sunday.

Jonathan,

I first labeled it cancelled as I read that the Sunday event was was cancelled by the sponsor of the original event, NASA I think.  When I posted the revision, only a day later, I thought I deleted the "cancelled" part in the header.  Guess I didn't get that done or screwed up somehow.  Just trying to be accurate.  I would not want any of our club members showing up there when there was no event.

In any case, I will announce this event Saturday August 2 at our annual picnic and send an email blast to the club today letting them know about it

Ben,

Hope you can make it.

Jeff is planning to go too (supercharged red SRT-10 convertible).

Hope we can get some more cars out to play.

Spoke with Phil at Grand Prix West today.

They'll have beginner, intermediate and advanced groups available.  They like to use a "point by" for passing.

I signed up in the advanced group so that I can try to chase Jonathan around.  Most of you guys that came out last time should likely be in intermediate with our total newbies in beginner.

Hope this helps,

Dan

PS  Just talked to Phil and he'll throw in a free transponder (timing device) if we can get 10 to 15 guys out for this event.

As of today, it looks like the following guys will attend:

Dan
Jonathan
Pete
Rev
Jeff
Ben

Hoping for a few more drivers,

Dan

LVGS

Is anyone planning on attending Saturday?

Noel

SoCal Rebell

You guys wanna chase a Viper? I just spoke to my friend and co-driver of 2 years of the Open Track Challenge, John Dearing and he will be there in his 2002 World Challenge GT Viper.  >g

ViperX

Hey Ron,

I've watched John Dearing drive and none of us will even be able to "chase" him.  We'll just watch as he zooms by.

Cool that he can come.

Dan

Kala

Looks like a pretty experienced bunch signed up...

Should I skip this one??? Any newbies going???

Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

Banzai Ben

I signed up tonight. Thanks for letting us know about the $50 discount.

Kala, There's a beginner run group so it should be fine for you to go. The fast cars will be in a different run group.

See you guys Sunday,

Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

ViperX

Kala,

Ditto what Ben said.  Just run in the beginner group.  They will be very conservative in that run group.

You will be fine.

Dan

Kala

Today, it looks like I have to go to LAX late Sat night  >o

I'm trying to see if I can get someone to go there for me...

I'll know tomorrow
Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

SoCal Rebell

Quote from: Kala on August 05, 2008, 06:56:06 PM
Today, it looks like I have to go to LAX late Sat night  >o

I'm trying to see if I can get someone to go there for me...

I'll know tomorrow
'

Kala, were you the lady in the Gen 3/4 convertible? Dan are Vipers getting free transponders?

Ron