$100 track day at WSIR Sunday, August 10, 2008

Started by Redsled, July 27, 2008, 02:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kala

That's my car, I couldn't drive that day (knee) so I was taking pictures...  >u

Dai, who has only driven the Viper about 3X's was sort of driving the track that day  <o
Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

ViperX

Ron,

Yes, if we get enough guys to show up.  I spoke with Phil mentioned that we might be able to get 10 or 15 guys to show up.  He told met that if we did, we'd get free transponders.

Dan

SoCal Rebell

Quote from: ViperX on August 06, 2008, 07:52:57 PM
Ron,

Yes, if we get enough guys to show up.  I spoke with Phil mentioned that we might be able to get 10 or 15 guys to show up.  He told met that if we did, we'd get free transponders.

Dan

At my last count there are 12 or 13 Vipers  >3

Redsled

If Ron takes his Schwinn out of storage slaps a Sneaky Pete on the frame people will be one step closer to free timing.  Looks like Phil should be cutting me a small commission!

LVGS

Quote from: ViperX on August 06, 2008, 07:52:57 PM
Ron,

Dan

Dan,

My brother and I are in. Not sure if his Z06 counts towards getting free transponders.

Noel

ViperX

Noel,

Glad you can make it.

Maybe Ron can slap a "Fangs" on your brother's Corvette?

I think Phil was more interested in getting a few more cars out (paying customers) and didn't care much about what type of cars we got.

If we get more than 10 in our group, regardless of the type of car, we'll lobby him for the free transponders.

Jonathan can try and get some commission out of him too ..... good luck!

Dan

SoCal Rebell

Quote from: Redsled on August 06, 2008, 08:15:10 PM
If Ron takes his Schwinn out of storage slaps a Sneaky Pete on the frame people will be one step closer to free timing.  Looks like Phil should be cutting me a small commission!

Better yet, I still have a couple of PMUM stickers left >11

ViperX

Hey Guys,

Turned out to be a good track day although the afternoon was a bit warm and one of our guys went four wheeling.  Old, hard run flat tires strike again.

Made a bunch of changes to my GTS, installed new stiffer springs, added a wing and splitter, and changed to different tires.

Probably would have been better to make one change at a time, go to the track and test it, see how it effects the way the car handles, etc., but I'm not getting any younger!

I actually ran about 4 seconds slower during the first 2 or 3 sessions than I did the last time I was at the track.  By about the fourth session, I was getting comfortable with the new set up and started making my way back up to speed.  Looking forward to Viper Days in September.

One thing is for certain, you can really feel the additional "downforce" at speed.

Hope we can do this again when it's cooler.

Dan

NK BREKR

Good to hear you guys had fun.  Viper Days next month will be awesome >r

redtanrt10

Dan,  Glad the event went good, hopefully you'll sort out your car quickly, certainly lot's of changes all at once!! Mike

Kala

Couldn't make this one... Dai's 94 yr old mom went into the hosp. Sat.

Awesome you guys had a good time!
Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D