VIPER DAYS at WILLOW SPRINGS - September 13 & 14

Started by admin, April 03, 2008, 12:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Lance,

You will love the way the Kumhos work on your GTS.  They are streetable, very sticky and still predictable at the track.  Rev (Mike Burgoyne) ran several 1:35's at Willow with treaded Kumhos, which is very fast on street tires for a rookie driver (He's an exceptional rookie driver that I've been working with).

Yes on the heat cycling.  These are brand new tires that have been heat cycled by Tire Rack.  Heat cycling helps the tires last longer, especially at the track.  You probably won't want to run them all the time on the street as they are sticky and will pick up small rocks, sand, etc. and blast your side sills.  I run them all the time on the back of my black SRT-10 for traction and don't worry about it.

JonB can put this together for you.

Dan

PCH VIPER

Thanks Dan.

For some reason, the term "heat cycle" makes me think of this
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

I guess that's one way to think of "heat cycling"  <2 and it looks like fun.

Who's car is that!!!!!  (Just kidding Lance)

RayMcIntyre

Yup, I have put this event on the calendar as well.
I am hoping to get the 18" wheels/tires all the way around from Jon B as well.
Is there going to be a Friday test and tune?

Ray McIntyre

admin

Yes - there is a test & tune put on by the track..

ViperX

Hey Ray,

Good to hear from you.

It will be fun to watch you drive on track tires.

We're planning to drive the test and tune day - hope to see you there.

Dan  <2

858paxton05

Count me in. I had a great time at the last event with NASA. >v

Jeff G. - San Diego

ViperX

Jeff,

Glad to see you enjoyed yourself.

See you at the track,

Dan

Kadeuces

Dan,

Lookin forward to the event.
Thanks for the advice on the spring rates.  I decided to go with 600 front and 1000 rear.
We'll see what it feels like...

Cant wait for Viper Days!
Is Archer Racing going to be there for alignments?

Kobi

ViperX

Hey Kobi,

Archer Racing will be at the track during Viper Days to support us if we should not have time to get any services done before we get there.

I will be going up Thursday and running the test and tune session on Friday.  We have a garage rented for our group.  I'd recommend that you come up early Friday if you want to have Archer do any work on your car as they will be busy.

If you are interested, they can provide alignment and corner weighting for your car, which I'd recommend you do if you have not already had it done.

Contact John Archer for more info or an appointment at: 218-727-4806

Tell him I sent you.

Dan

ViperX

Pic at Willow Springs on August 10, 2008 with wing and splitter:

Super Villain

I just spoke with Courtney today and I am signed up!  I will be there Friday and of course Sat. and Sun.

So much to do and prepare between now and then...just more excuses for me to mod!  <2

See you at the track!

Anhtuan
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

catwood

Call the track before you go to see if you can run on Friday.  I've been told you have to be full race prep, cage, firesuit, belts, fire suppression, etc....

I told courtney but she hasn't responded other than to say she's checking.

Quote from: Super Villain on August 25, 2008, 08:05:15 PM
I just spoke with Courtney today and I am signed up!  I will be there Friday and of course Sat. and Sun.

So much to do and prepare between now and then...just more excuses for me to mod!  <2

See you at the track!

Anhtuan

Super Villain

I am not going to run on Friday.  Just going up for tech and tweaks if needs be.  Get a personal look at the track, watch some guys run, and then pee in my pants.  I'll be sure to change trousers before Friday night's dinner.
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

catwood

You haven't run willow yet?

Have you run other tracks?

Shoot me an email to catwood @ Motorola.com if you like to discuss....