VIPER DAYS at WILLOW SPRINGS - September 13 & 14

Started by admin, April 03, 2008, 12:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Hey Gang,

Viper Days, aka the Performance Driving School is returning to CA - This time they'll be at Willow Springs (near Lancaster)

We'll have the LeGrand garage for our group with drinks and snacks.  Bring your favorite goody if you can, if not, just come and enjoy. 

~ There's a reception on Friday night.

~ Time trials / driving instruction and races where you can watch the comp coupes run (for the race group) will be held on Saturday and Sunday.

~ There's a neat dinner on Saturday night with the entire group.

Put this one on your calendar, you won't want to miss it - even if you're just coming to watch!

Here's the info you need to register for the event:

This link is to the Viper Days website where the details of this event will be posted as we near the event:
http://www.viperdays.com/page.htm?id=109

This link will take you to the New Driver's Registration:
http://www.viperdays.com/driver_application.htm

This link will take you to Willow Springs Raceway where you can see the track configuration
http://www.willowspringsraceway.com/trackinformation/maps.asp

It's a good idea to become familiar with the track ahead of the event - I found that remembering all the turns (which is critical by the way) is difficult when you have so many other things to think about.

For more information go to:  www.viperdays.com

See you there.

Dan 8)

Those planning to take to the track: 
  <2

Armen Gharagozian
Art Pena
Bruce Conklin
Dan & Cathy
David Andres
David Green
Eddie Arguelles
Greg Gunther
Jeff Gains
John Fuchs
Kobi Sail
Lance Kouchi
Lisa Cuming
Michael "Rev" Burgoyne
Michael VonQuilich
Mike Buckingham
Mike Fijuta
Mike Sinkinson
Pete Martin
Peter Hausherr
Scott Hirko
Scott Pennington
Sean Casey
Steve Borecki
Tim Lee
Weston Wellington

FOR PRINTING, CLICK PAPER CLIP JUST BELOW TRACK MAP

PCH VIPER

For anyone with a Viper, this is a MUST DO. 
Skip is a great teacher and advocate of Viper safety and the skills you will be taught on car control is extremely valuable for everyday situations.

Let's get a bunch of SoCal Members out there and have some fun !

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Banzai Ben

Hey Dan and Lance,
Count me in for this one.
Thanks,
Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

racecars

>1

Some OLD Dude will be there also  >2 <2

OGO  O O O

PCH VIPER

We should make this Art's bachelor party....that way he has to come too !

ViperX

Great idea Lance.  We can even invite the old guy O  (if he can stay awake!)

Hey Art, get some tires for this one will you!

We already have one of the 4 garages, so we'll be styling.....

Maybe we can get Fast Eddie to come?

How about Joel?

Step and Glen?

Mike Bucnkinham?

Ray McIntyre and Mike Burgoyne are also planning to attend.

I'll bet Manny Coats will be there too.

I'll be there too.....

Dan  <2

redtanrt10

Dan,

I'm planning on going there, hoping to have a couple more practice runs at Willow before September.

Mike

PCH VIPER

I'm pretty sure Andy will be there too....with something that is just incredible.

ViperX

Hey Mike,

NASA is running Willow Springs on May 24 and 25.  They are a good group, just very structured.

I'll likely attend that one.  <2

Hey Lance,

Yeah, I've heard about Andy's cup car.  Kinda' anxious to see it.

Just put new brake pads and Stoptech (ACR) Aero rotors on the GTS.  Took 30 lbs off of the car - all rotational mass. 

Should stop better and go better too!

Dan

redtanrt10

Dan,

thanks for the info, I ran a bunch of NASA events in Phoenix.  I've got a company golf event on Saturday, are you and Cathy planning on staying for Sunday? 

Got my car back from Dan last week, all is OK with KW's, Dan said they were set way too low.  He also got the throttle body working correctly and fixed a bad wheel bearing that I didn't know about (warrantee).

Let me know about May 25th.

Mike

ViperX

Hey Mike,

If we go, which is likely, we'll stay both days.  Sunday is usually less crowded, so that's a plus.

Dan

NK BREKR

Okay Dan and Lance,

You twisted my arm, I'll attend this event too.

I'll have to work on getting some track wheels too!

BTW, didn't hear anything about the party  ;) <I ;D

PCH VIPER

Say no more Art.....We will Party like a rock star.........................in Palmdale  ???  ???  ;D  ;D  as long as I am in bed by 9

ViperX

Hey Art,

If you want the ultimate in a set of reasonably priced, quality track wheels / tires, call JonB, tell him I referred you and ask for the black SSR (18-inch, six spoke) wheels with Kumho Ecsta V-700's mounted.  305 x 18 front, 335 x 18 rears, full tread - heat cycled.

These tires are street legal DOT approved in "R" (race) compound.  The SSR wheels are about 40 lbs lighter than your stock wheels (or bling-bling HRE wheels).  You will feel an improvement in accelertion, braking and handling.  You will have to buy an E-brake relocation kit - call Dave C  O - and have it installed.  It's an easy install and if you ask Lance very nicely, he may let you borrow his lift.  If you can work this out with Lance, let me know and I'll drop by and supervise (I've done two of these now).

This way, you can mount this tire / wheel set up at home, drive the track for a couple of days on very sticky tires (makes it much harder to spin) and then drive home.

You'll also have a much better chance of keeping up with "Fast Eddie".

Hope you can make this one.

Dan  <2

PCH VIPER

YES ART......You can come to my place and use the lift any time at all.    Viper buddies are always >6

We'll need all the help we can get to keep up with FAST EDDIE !!!!!

Hey Dan,
A heat cycled tire?? instead of a brand new one ?

I was planning on putting the Kuhmos on before Viper days as well.....but was going to just order (I assumed) new tires from JonB.

Lance