VENTURA AREA RUN & LUNCH - May 31, 2008

Started by admin, January 15, 2008, 02:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemotox

Glenn and Steph,

I showed the dealer and salesmen at Valley Dodge in Van Nuys your thread on the a scenario of having a porter fill the tank with gas.  They were shocked!!!  I am not comfortable in the car yet, as I have about 20 miles on it and the shift throw is much shorter than the 2001 GTS, and the throttle is different, at least it seems different.

Arturo del Toro, I will be there on Saturday AM, not sure I can make the whole run.  Need to get the orange and green pumpkins together for a photo.  

>v

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

ViperX

EJ,

It will likely take some time to get accustomed to the operation of the electronic throttle bodies (drive by wire) in the 2008.

The trans is much smoother.

The clutch / flywheel is lighter.

The tires are taller too and low end torque isn't quite as immediate as it was in the GTS.

When the cam begins to vary at about 3500 - 4000 rpm, the power curve comes on pretty strong.  Be sure that you're pointed straight before you go to full throttle.  This too will feel different from your GTS.

I think you'll like it when you get some seat time in the car.

Dan  <2

1HOTACR

Our 08 felt very hard and did not want to cooperate at all for the first 100 miles.  After it realized that it was being controlled by a human it calmed down.  Now it purrs like a kitten.

Glenn
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

1HOTACR

What a small world!

Talked to the owner of Bodee's Restaurant this morning, she was contacted by an Advertising Agency to see if they could book the place on Saturday to shoot a Dodge Commercial.  She said sorry it was already booked, but they might want to come by and see some So Cal Vipers.  We never know!

Glenn

Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

NK BREKR

Hey Glenn,

Great job coordinating this event  >s and  Stephanie  >t  It looks as though it will rival the Duke's Poker Run with 35+ Vipers signed up! 

Doc,  The photo shoot will happen on Saturday. >v

Rome

Plan on driving up from Redondo and meeting up w/West LA
I'll be 5 minutes ahead of the OC crew.
Law

hemotox

Just a Head's Up Recommendation

PCH from Sunset Blvd to Las Flores has been scraped for repaving.  So I would aviod this section.  That includes Topanda Canyon and access to Kanan Dume Roads to the 101 and THousand Oaks.  Stay on the 405 to the 101 West, avoid PCH north of Santa Monica. 

^5

hemotox

Quote from: 1HOTV10 on May 29, 2008, 10:45:57 AM
Our 08 felt very hard and did not want to cooperate at all for the first 100 miles.  After it realized that it was being controlled by a human it calmed down.  Now it purrs like a kitten.

Glenn

Should it not be "hissing like a snake"???

EXHLR8N

Eric - You ARE the man!  I love it!  OGO ---- eat your heart out!!!  (only kidding).
The Best Things in Life are Dangerous

PCH VIPER

Thanks Stephanie and Glenn !
What a great turnout for the the LA/Ventura area event !   35 Vipers flooded their street for pastries and coffee.

I'm sorry I missed the drive...but hope you all had a great run !  See everyone in Big Bear in 2 weeks.

As always, pictures I took from this morning are on my site.  www.kouchicentral.com

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

PCH VIPER

It was great to see so many new faces and hope that you all enjoyed yourselves.
I look forward to seeing everyone again soon.

Tim and Kym

Pete

Sean and Theresa

PCH VIPER

HISSSN1

Glenn and Stephanie, Thank you for your hospitality the day was fun. It was great to meet many club members. We took route  33 into Pine Mountain, we passed three cars and had the road to ourselves it was awsome >v.   
                                                                          Eddie & Michelle
2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2017 ACR E 1 of 1 Viper Detroit Battleship Gray
2019 Hellcat Redeye

hemotox

I think PCH VIPER sped home to beat me on the web with images.  He is the official photographer!

Here are a few images from today.  NIce to see such enthusiasm, haven't seen it quite like this for a long time.  Great Presidency Dan and Cathy!!  Great Day Glenn and Stephanie, nice viper twins! >t

hemotox

Few more chots