WESTERN ZONE EVENT- March 28-29, 2008

Started by admin, January 15, 2008, 01:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

^2  VIPER CLUB WESTERN ZONE EVENT  ^2

The Viper Clubs in the Western Region thought it would be cool to team up with Mopars At The Strip in Las Vegas (MATS) - so we have.  This is a great event just to watch, but MATS is going one further by offering a Vipers Only drag time-slot at 5PM Friday & Saturday.  The VCA has arranged a private lunch for the Viper group in the NHRA Tower for Saturday.  Marko, the NV club President has arranged a pay-as-you-go dinner for the Viper group at Tony Romas for after the drags on Saturday evening.  The SRT Drive Experience going to be at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on Saturday as well.  They have offered Viper members a $100 discount - for the day its $400 instead of $500. Bottom line, a Viper event in and around Mopars At The Strip!

Joins Up With
MOPARS AT THE STRIP 
Las Vegas Motor Speedway
March 28-30

27TH THURSDAY: 
MoPower Cruises begin Thursday, March 27th to Las Vegas form Grand Junction, CO; Salt Lake City, UT; Glendora, CA; Phoenix, AZ; Albuquerque, NM, with a Welcome Party at the Cannery.

28TH  FRIDAY: 
10AM:  Tour a neat private automobile collection in Las Vegas – Details to follow, entry is free.

5PM: Viper Only Drag Racing "Happy Hour" Friday and Saturday at LVMS

5PM: Tentative start time for the Mopar Burnout Contest, limited to 10 competitors.

6PM:  Friday Night is Cruise at the Cannery Hotel.  The night includes a Quarter Mile of Mopar Car Show and Numerous Food Booths.  Also, included is a free concert featuring Chuck Negron formally of Three Dog Night.  Mopar vehicles will be on display, live music, Quarter-Mile of Mopars display, plenty of food and drink. All food, spirits, and gaming at the Cannery are additional pay items.

SRT Experience available at a Discount (www.drivesrt.com) – Contact Viper Headquarters for Discount Info (800-998-1110 opt.1). Cars are SRT Chrysler 300; Dodge Magnum; Dodge Charger; Dodge Caliber; Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge VIPER!

29TH  SATURDAY:

VCA Hosted Lunch in the NHRA Tower

5PM Viper Only Drag Racing "Happy Hour" Friday and Saturday at LVMS

Saturday Night: Pay-As-You-Go Viper Gathering at Tony Roma's

New HEMI Challenge Class will have 5.7 and 6.1 HEMIs.  It is, also, anticipated that a new 2008 SRT 6.1 HEMI Challenger will be in the competition.

Special Guest of the Event is Mr. Tom Hoover, the Godfather of the HEMI Engine. Mr. Hoover was Chief Engineer and Manager of Chrysler Drag Racing Programs from 1957-1979.  In short: He is THE MAN!!!

OTHER EVENT FEATURES INCLUDE:
-   All Mopar Auction
-   Some of the Fastest Drag Racing Anywhere
-   All Mopar Swap Meet
-   Manufacturers Midway Featuring Premier Venders
-   Dodge Truck Diesel Dyno Competition
-   Jeep Off-Road Poker Run
-   Mammoth Car Show
-   Charity Drawing for a REAL 1970 H Code Lemon Twist 340 Duster

INTERESTED? DO THE FOLLOWING

1)   Let us know you plan to attend:
         Early Registration is highly recommended as space is limited.
         Caravans will be set up and we get closer to the event.

2)   Make your own hotel reservations:

•   We have 50 Deluxe rooms blocked at Planet Hollywood – www.PlanetHollywoodResort.com
        •   The cutoff date to obtain our group rate is MARCH 13th! 
        •   You can make reservations for up to 4-nights, Thursday – Sunday; March 27th – 30th
        •   The room rate is $179 per night + applicable taxes
        •   Guests may place reservations by calling the Reservations Department directly at 877-333-9474. 
        •   You'll need to identify yourself as being with the Viper Club of America.  Group code # AVIPER.
        •   Planet Hollywood - 3667 Las Vegas Boulevard. South - Las Vegas, NV 89109

3)   Register for the Mopars At The Strip event:
        •   Click here to register for Mopars At The Strip
        •   Or; Go to www.MoparsAtTheStrip.com and click "Sign Up Now"
        •   Or fill out the Mail In Registration form APPLICATION
        •   Register by March 10th and MATS will send all of your credentials and confirmation information to you prior to the event.

•   $75.00 to be involved in the Viper Drag Race
(This includes one weekend admission)
   Gate fee is included with the Race Entry. This will get you and your car in the event for all three days, plus the nighttime entertainment at the Cannery is included.
   When registering online for this event choose "Drag Race" then "Chapman Dodge Viper Class"

•   $50.00 to bring your car into the event   (This includes one weekend admission)
   If you just want to come and watch and bring your car into the event, sign up for the Fun Field, the cost is $50.00 for the entire weekend. If there are additional passengers attending the event, the fee is $60.00 for a weekend pass.
   When registering online for you and your car choose "Car Show" then "Fun Field"

•   $60.00 per person to be a spectator of the event.
   This is the weekend event fee for a passenger/guest for the event.
   When registering online for a passenger/guest choose "Admission" then "Weekend Admission"

•   Please note:
All food, spirits, and gaming at the Cannery are additional pay items.

4)   Have fun! ^2

p.s. - In a nutshell, here's what your up-front costs are:
   •   Your Hotel Room
   •   Your weekend attendance/participation at the Mopar Event
   •   The weekend attendance for your guest at the Mopar Event
The weekend passes you'll buy for MATS will include the MATS activities, car shows and entertainment for the entire weekend.  Attached is MATS complete event schedule. 

***CARAVAN MEET 10:30 AM DEPARTURE***
For both Thursday and Friday

Meet at the CHEVRON Gas Station off the 15 Fwy in Rancho Cucamonga Click here for location

This will put us in Barstow for lunch around 11:30 (actually the Barstow Outlet Mall, off Lenwood Road) and Planet Hollywood at check-in time   ;D

As some are leaving on Thursday, and some on Friday, try and communicate with each other and do what best suits your wishes!

REGISTERED MEMBERS:  >8

Dan & Cathy Everts  --  Thursday Caravan
Hugh & Sherry Hoard
Art Pena  --  Thursday Caravan
Curtis Roettger  --  Thursday Caravan
Dave & Lisa Chrisman  --  Thursday Caravan
Rick & Joyce Hollis
Lance & Lori Kouchi  --  Friday Caravan
Ben Kawata  --  Friday Caravan
Kala & Dai
Darryl McClendon
Don Smith -- Friday Caravan
Dan Cragin
Curtis Mosley
Paula Coombes
Mike & Cheryl Sinkinson  --  Thursday Caravan

NK BREKR

admin

Believe me - this is such short notice that as soon as we know, we will definitely let everyone know. 

Hopefully we'll have info on this within a week... ^2

NK BREKR

Sounds good.  I'll book a room no matter what as I have some friends coming in from Miami.

Lance,

I'm assuming your in bud. If you get any resistance just tell Lori you're offering your services as a chauffeur for the weekend ;)

Hope Eddie and Gladys can make it too!

PCH VIPER

I'm pretty sure I'll be there.  Waiting to see what the girls schedule is like.
This will be like a mini VOI9.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

hemotox

I'll be in Switzerland and London as usual!  <F

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

admin

Some details about this event have been added to the original post of this thread - check 'em out!  <I

black beauty

>2 Count us in!!  It sounds like a blast!  I've been wanting to get back on that dragstrip... <2

65cuda

I am in as well with guest.   <K  Any word on take off time/place for that Thursday, 27 March?

Curtis
Red 94 RT/10

NK BREKR

Hello Curtis,

There is a huge caravan (MoPower Cruise) that leaves from Glendora Dodge on Thursday, March 27th, here are the details:

From Southern California/ Glendora Dodge.

Contact person: Matt Deane ([email protected]) Phone# 909-599-9300

Meet at Glendora Dodge, 931 S. Lone Hill Ave, Glendora California. At Noon on March 27th, Caravan will leave Glendora Dodge at 1:00 p:m and make its way to Interstate 15 stopping for fuel at the Flying J in Barstow, scheduled fuel stop is planned for 3:00 P:M allowing 45 minutes at the Flying J.  Leave Barstow at 3:45 headed to Las Vegas

This is going to be a blast. <m

ViperX

We'll set up some meet points when we get an idea of who's planning to attend.

Some of you guys might want to join the Mopar Caravan, some may want to drive in a Viper group.

Let us know your thoughts.

Dan  <m

65cuda

I vote for a Viper caravan.  But I would not object to being part of the large Mopar group if that is the prevailing opinion.  Either one will be a blast.

Curtis
Red 94 RT/10

Banzai Ben

I think I'm going to sign up for this one. I've never drag raced my Viper so I'm very interested in trying it.
Count me in Dan and Cathy.
I plan on leaving Friday. Is there a group cruising out Friday or is everyone going on Thursday?

Thanks,

Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

Banzai Ben

I'm registered for the Chapman Viper drag race and a room at Planet Hollywood. Can't wait to try the drag race!
See you then,
Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

NK BREKR

Hey Ben,

I'm driving out on Thursday.  Glad you're able to make it.  Thanks again for that super fast ride at BW.