WESTERN ZONE EVENT- March 28-29, 2008

Started by admin, January 15, 2008, 01:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

As we get closer to the event, we'll set up caravans for those heading out Thursday and any going on Friday.

Banzai Ben

Hey Art and Dan,

Looking forward to it. What's the best way to launch the car off the line? I'm a newbie to drag racing. What rpm do you shift?

You are welcome for the ride but I wasn't one of the fast guys out there. Dan, David, and Terri were hauling ass out there.

See you guys soon,

Ben

2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

PCH VIPER

It looks like for me to go, I'll be dragging the entire family out.
I probably won't be able to hit the road till midday on Friday....but at least I'll be able to go.

Anybody want to babysit?  ;D
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Hey Lance,

Glad you can make it.  Maybe you'll find a babysitter.  If not, come anyway.

Hey Ben,

We'll try and talk about the drag event at dinner the night before.  The drag strip should be very well prepared, i.e. very sticky, so you'll want to take off easy the first time, slide the clutch and then go full gas.  Whatever you do, don't rev it and drop the clutch.  Vipers can be very fast at the drags but the independent rear suspension isn't the strongest for high rev launches.

On shifting, the GTS seems to like about 5500 rpm, the SRT's seem to like 5800 to 6000 rpm.  Just be sure you grab the correct gear, relax and don't rush your shifts.  A missed shift can be scary and at worst, costly.

Hugh Hoard is planning to bring his drag car and shooting for low 9's, high 8's.  Lyle Larson will be driving another fast drag Viper.  Both cars have huge slicks, automatic transmissions and are full on drag cars with parachutes.

There should also be a couple of local Vegas twin turbo Vipers there that are very fast drag cars.  It should be fun to watch.

I'll likely drive my 04 SRT-10 but will leave the street tires on and take it easy.  If I drive it well, I should get 10's.  It's all for fun.  Cathy is planning to drive the 06 coupe for fun.  She's pretty good at the drags.  I suspect she'll get high 11's and run quicker than most of the other "mostly" stock cars.

Hope to see some club members there.

Dan  <2

Banzai Ben

Thanks for the info Dan, looking forward to it. 

Ben

NK BREKR

ViperX

AEM just went crazy in my SRT-10  ^4, so let's hope that DC can do something with it before Vegas or I'll be a passenger!  Arg!

PCH VIPER

Is anyone planning on doing the SRT Experience on Sat?

Lance

ViperX

I think they are offering us a reduced rate to do this.

Dan

NK BREKR

Yep, it's a $100 dollar discount, price would be $400.

Banzai Ben

I went to it at California speedway, it was fun. Would we miss any good activities on Saturday if we do the SRT Track Experience?

Ben

DMC94

Arriving EARLY Thursday, doing the SRT experience Friday but not doin' the drag racing. See ya'll there.
Darryl (& Dianne)  >2

ViperX

Hey Darryl,

Glad to see you're coming. 

I can only tell you that after watching the Mopars drag race, it will be hard to watch and not do it.

Keep in mind that it's all for fun and you don't have to break any records.

If I get my SRT-10's computer fixed in time, I'll drag it, but will take it easy.  This is one of the few times you can go full throttle and not have to worry about getting a ticket!

Dan  ^2

65cuda

Is there any new word on when caravans are leaving and from where yet?  Also, for the drag strip, will I need a helmet or the hard top installed on my car? 

Curtis
Red 94 RT/10

PCH VIPER

As things stand right now, it looks like I am open to leave anytime on Friday.  I'll be in my "5 seater-wanna-be Viper". As long as no one is opposed to me tagging along, :P   I'll join the caravan out on Friday.