Feb 3rd & 4th - Viper Days at Buttonwillow

Started by admin, December 01, 2006, 10:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Hi guys,

I hope you had a good time at Viper Days and that all made it home safely.  It was great having you SoCal members there to share the event with!

I hope to see you again at our Polar Bear run...

Cathy

PCH VIPER

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Dan and Cathy....... I can't thank you enough for all that you guys did to make the past 3 days as great as it was.

Having a garage to hang out in, having Terry Rossi there to "coach" us through, and making sure that we were taken care of......
I know that having the added load of the So Cal Members easily added 10 seconds to your lap times.

For those who "thought " about going but didn't........SIGN UP NOW for March.   I cannot say enough about Skip Thomas and this event.   It was the best driving experience I have ever had and I learned so much....It was an absolutely phenomenal.

Thanks again Dan and Cathy!
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

EXHLR8N

I echo everything Lance just said.

Dan and Cathy did great as usual.  The SoCal garage was the place to be.

Viper Days is very special.  The instruction is both classroom (6 sessions of 30-45 min's each), covering everything you need.  He hands out a book that you can take with you and refer in the future.

Each track time, you are accompanied with the same instructor.  They help pick lines, when to brake, etc.  Our times went down dramatically each session, as we learned the braking points, turn in points, apexes and car positioning. 

I can't recommend this enough to all those who haven't much track time in a Viper.  I learned the hard way, a year ago, what 500 HP means.  It is very different from anything you might have driven in the past.

The next event is at Buttonwillow in the middle of March.  I am going back.  Lets get a great turn out.
The Best Things in Life are Dangerous

Vypr Phil

Glad to hear everybody had a great time, learned and practiced a lot.

Happy to hear that everybody is home safe as well.

Too bad I missed this event but sneezing and coughing in my helmet while driving at the limit (probably my own, not the car's), would have been, to paraphrase Ralph Nader "unsafe at any speed"!

Hope to be "up to speed" for Willow Springs and partake in the fun next month.
Vypr Phil    2005 SRT-10 Roadster - Sold

"If you are not living on the edge...you are taking up too much space"

ViperX

Hey Phil,

Shoot me a private email if you are planning on going in March.  I might have something for you.

Good weekend.  I got a chance to drive the new coupe and get it sorted out.  This car really performed well.

I had fun even though I was coughing in my helment part of the time - haven't shaken this nasty cold / cough yet.

I took Albert Fattal for a ride on my last run Saturday and he seemed to be "all smiles".

Thanks for the compliments guys.  Next time should be fun too.

Hope to get a good turn out in March.

Dan

racecars

Banzai Ben

To all the So Cal Viper guys I met,

Thank you all for welcoming me at my first Viper event. I had a super great time and enjoyed meeting such a nice and fun bunch of people. I'm a newbie to the Viper club and I'm looking forward to attending more upcoming events. Special thanks to Dan and Cathy for making me feel comfortable and welcomed.

See you all soon.

Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

ViperX

Hey Ben,

Glad you could make this.  I know you'll enjoy our group.  I look forward to seeing you and your wife at some of our non-track events.

The only bad news is that you're faster than me!  Just kidding - gives me something to shoot for.

Welcome,

Dan