Previous topic - Next topic

sherrie

Kern Canyon River Run

Date: Saturday, August 26, 2006
Time: 10:00am
 3601 Marriott Dr
 Bakersfield, CA 93308,  US

If you would like to caravan to Bakersfield
We will meet in Orange at The City Drive at The Block of Orange at Krispy Kremes at 7:30am and depart at 8:00am.
This is an all day event with lunch being Italian food and dinner will be Mexican food.

If you would like to stay over night: there is a special room rate for Southern California Viper Club Members at The Courtyard By Marriott. The discounted rate is $84.00/night plus tax.
If you would like to make reservations please call (661)324-6660 and refer to SoCal Viper Club special room rate.
If you have any problems please ask for Jan Bissell or call The Viper Hot Line.
The run will consist of some beautiful mountain driving with a few stops for photos and food.
We would like to give a huge thank you to Steve and Kim Blumer for putting this together for us.

Driving Route
The ride would start at The Courtyard By Marriott at 10:00am, which is at Hwy. 99 and Rosedale Hwy. From there we will drive east thru town and head towards the canyon.  Once we enter the canyon, we will be following the Kern River up to and past Lake Isabella then stop in a cute little town called, "Kernville" for lunch, drinks, shopping and sight seeing (you're going to love this town). If at this point you are not staying for the night you can turn back.  From there, we will continue on following the Kern River up past Johnson dale thru the giant sequoias and stop at a little bar and grill @ Ponderosa. From Ponderosa we will head back through California Hot Springs for dinner. This is an all day event full of beautiful scenery and entertainment.

Thank You Kim & Steve Blumer! ;D

hemotox

Where's Dave's usual  "I'm IN" comments.   :D

Dave they need a yellow GTs to follow up throught the Kern Canyon.  Maybe even a little stop at Buck Owen's place in Bakersfield.

:-*

EJ

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

racecars

Well Eric,

As usual I'M IN 8), just been really busy with my

www.davesbigbrakes.com

Mailing parts all over the world ??? just like when I was flying to all these places ;D

Yo Prez is always there ::)

sherrie

Party People

Dave +1
Don +1
Tony+1
Steve +1
Tom +1
Glen +1
Kevin +1
Richard +1
Jenea +1
Bill +1
Rick +1

racecars

sherrie

Hotel Still giving good rate $89.00/night
call above info ask for Jan. Thanks Sherrie

racecars

Is it time yet, cars all clean & ready to roll ;D

hemotox

Sherrie and Dave

Are you coming up the 405 through West LA or taking the 5 north?

Eric

hemotox

Can you guys print out the specific Monthly Meeting Get Together venues starting in October and talk this up on the Kern River Cruise on Saturday.  Make sure everyone knows about it and can access the sites through the Viper web site?

EJ

Big D-racecars, sounds good?

I can't make the whoe day but would be interested in meeting up at some point in the San Fernando Valley and cruise with you guys until the Tejon Ranch area.

racecars

Hey Eric,

Richard & I are joining the group @ THE FAT PILL PLACE 7:30AM, don't know how we're going after that ???

Your actually coming ??? ;D Crap that will be @ least 3 RaceYellow Vipers 8)

Dave
www.davesbigbrakes.com
::)

hemotox

Big D, you have to enlighten me,  What is the "FAT PILL PLACE"

EJ

racecars

???

You do need some learning Dude ;D

KRISPY KREME DONUTS ::) AKA Fat Pills   8)

Dave

hemotox

guess I am in need of some educatiing!

fat pills, huh,  now that is a good one.   :P

hemotox

Quote from: racecars on August 24, 2006, 10:34:47 AM
Crap that will be @ least 3 RaceYellow Vipers 8)

Dave
www.davesbigbrakes.com
::)

No, you should have said  "Brilliant,  that will be @ least 3 RaceYellow Vipers" 8)

hemotox

Sherrie,

I had an error with the previous image.  This one below is correct.  The 405 and 5 merge in north San Fernando Valey before the 210 merges.  There is an exit, Roxford Street.  Take a right on the Roxford Street exit, then another right on Encinitas Road, there will be a gas station and a Denny's right there.  If members are coming west on the 210, they would go south on the 5 and exit on Roxford and take a left to go East. See map below.

Eric