Palm Springs Corvette vs. Vipers Auto-X March 15-17

Started by Super Villain, January 10, 2013, 12:42:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Super Villain

Palm Springs Auto-X
Corvette vs. Vipers

Bring your "A" game boys and girls!  Vipers are the defending champions of this Auto-X event and we have the Corvette guys' trophy to prove it!  We're not ready to give it back quite yet...we like keeping other peoples trophies...especially those who drive slower cars ;)

What:
-Palm Springs Corvette vs. Vipers Charity Auto-X
    -All money collected will go to the ALS Lou Gehrig's and the Boys and Girls Club  <1
    -Driver's License and proof of insurance (of course you have these!) are required
    -Helmets are required for all participants
    -Passengers are allowed though they will need helmets too

-We are working on a special Viper package rate that will get us our own lane and more runs for the money.
Keep in mind that we are out there to help raise money for the charities........AND

-Defend our trophy from silly Corvette drivers!

-We have set up lunch at the world famous Jackalope Ranch at 1:00.  This is not just a restaurant, its a destination.
They have a special line up of lunch items for us to order in a reserved area.   Cost is $24.00/person and includes soft drink, tip and tax.

Jackalope Ranch Restaurant

The cost will be $60.00 / car and will include your registration fee and 8 runs !!!

When:
-Saturday  March 16, 2013
-Auto-x will start at 9:00 am

Where:
-Riverside County Fairgrounds

For those that want to spend either Fri and or Sat night;
There are 2 hotel choices:
Fantasy Springs Resort 84-245 Indio Springs Pkwy, Indio  CA   92203
We did not set up a room block since you can actually get a lower rate by going directly to their website and reserving a room.

Clarion (Which is located right next door to the Fantasy Springs Resort
(760) 342-6344

Let's plan on meeting up in the West parking lot outside the Fantasy Springs Resort at 8:15 - 8:30
We will collect registration forms and get numbers on our cars.  This way we will be ready to tear up the cone course when we arrive.

Morning meeting place    
84096 Indio Springs Dr
Indio, CA 92203

Who's ready to throw down and come along?!

Attending:
Lance & Lori   Fri
Ben K. - Fri and Sat. only
Mikey  SRT-4
Fast Eddie - Sat. only
Bruce C. - Sat. only
Scott H. - Sat. only
Matthew G
Raj - Fri night and Sat.
Anthony
Dan & Cathy - Fri. night and Sat.
Juan & Becky
Dave & Melissa  Fri and Sat
Jay B
Eddie & Michelle
Derek & Roland
Stig
Nino
Hugh + 2
Aaron
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

Banzai Ben

2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

PCH VIPER

We need to have a good showing for this as we WILL be  defending our bragging rights and the trophy for another year !

If you are planning on spending the night out there (highly recommended) as it is a beautiful weekend getaway,
I would make your reservations ASAP !   Room reservations can always be cancelled, but trying to get a room at a decent rate in their peak season will be expensive and difficult.  Not to mention the fact that the Pro Tennis tournament is in town at the same time.

We tried to block rooms at the Fantasy Springs, but the group rate they were offering was higher than the online rate  >1   Go figure.

For those that don't want to spend $200 + /night, the Clarion hotel is right next door and has given us a group rate of $129.00/night

Again, I STRONGLY suggest that reservations be made sooner than later.

One last note,  we are trying to gauge interest in doing the Aerial Tram on Sunday.  How many would want to do this versus doing a cruise on 74 back towards home and stopping for breakfast/lunch along the way?
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

EXHLR8N

The Best Things in Life are Dangerous

Speedtactics

I'm in for Saturday, not sure about Sunday. Laura will be with me too she is afraid of heights.  >o
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

PCH VIPER

We are leaning towards a cruise on 74 heading back towards home and stopping for lunch somewhere along the way.

Matthew G

Red Vip

>8
Only saturday, will stay friday night...unless something changes....other than the crazy indian thing.
>l
***=====***

...Raj...
Red Vip

anthony

anthony is in for sure!!!   BTW  THIS IS TENNIS WKND  THERE WILL BE NO HOTELS THE LONGER YOU WAIT.

Derek

Count me and my dad in!
We will be out there Friday.

Any plans for a dinner meet up Friday night?

Also will the vipers and vettes have our own blocked out run for the morning?
Same as last march? 9-11? If I remember correctly.

Matthew G

<t     Is there a schedule with times and days for which the events will occur on?    >m
I am planning on being there Friday to Sunday.
Thanks Matthew

PCH VIPER

Hey Matthew,
A definitive schedule has yet to be set.  We are waiting to see what the turnout will be for Friday and Sunday.
Saturday is pretty well set with the Auto-X Challenge in the morning and lunch at Las Casuelas.

There is a pretty good buffet in the Fantasy Springs which we could meet at for dinner on Friday.

Sunday will likely be a cruise on Hwy 74 with a lunch stop.  But it will all be dependent on how many people we have out there for the entire weekend.

Matthew G

Newport Viper

Melissa & David are in! (Her quarterly slot fix.)

Friday & Saturday Nights

Have to drive out from the OC after work on the Friday. Be out there by 8:30pm

How about a NEW lunch place on Saturday???
04 SRT-10