Palm Springs Corvette vs. Vipers Auto-X March 15-17

Started by Super Villain, January 10, 2013, 12:42:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derek

me and my sister will be going up. my dad may sit this event out unless he can get a ride there with another viper....
gonna be my sisters first viper event and im sure she will love it. she is into fast things. she is a multi world champion motocross racer and bmx racer. So maybe a few of you faster guys could give her a good ride and show her what a viper can really do.

really looking forward to the event! already packed up and ready for the weekend!  <2

Speedtactics

Laura and I are heading up on Friday, anyone want to meet up?
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

Outspeed

Not going up Friday, but heading up Saturday morning...anyone want to meet up and caravan in?

Matthew G

>m  I just figured out how to get my ACR on my trailer.  But now I need to figure out the best way to strap it down it looks like the A arms is a good spot?  I use to strap my Mustang from the wheels but it really scuffed them up. Does anybody have any advice?  Is anybody coming down the 10 FWY around 4 o'clock in Ontario, I would like to car pool.   

Matthew

AlbertFattal

My Girlfriend Paola and I are in. See you guys this weekend!

ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE & BLOCKCHAIN
Science, Technology & Society
Computer Information Systems

https://AlbertFattal.com/

https://www.linkedin.com/in/albertfattal/

PCH VIPER

Quote from: Matthew G on March 12, 2013, 07:45:37 PM
>m  I just figured out how to get my ACR on my trailer.  But now I need to figure out the best way to strap it down it looks like the A arms is a good spot?  I use to strap my Mustang from the wheels but it really scuffed them up. Does anybody have any advice?  Is anybody coming down the 10 FWY around 4 o'clock in Ontario, I would like to car pool.   

Matthew

Hey Matthew,
I wouldn't strap the A-arms.

If you look on the underside of the frame rails, there are elongated holes that you can put "j" hooks in.

THe rear ones are pretty easy to find, the front ones are right at the rear edge of the splitter.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Matthew G

>t  Lance you are my hero,  I see the four holes and that looks like the best place to tie the car down too.    Should I kriss kross front and back straps? 

Matthew

Redsled

Yes.  Criss cross both if possible and at least the front. This will keep the car from moving side to side.  Be sure to leave the car in neutral.  Setting the e-brake wouldn't hurt either.

PCH VIPER

No problem....  I made a mistake.  Use "R" hooks, not "J" hooks.
See you out there.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Banzai Ben

Matthew,
I use axle straps and run them around two wheel spokes and then to the D-rings.
It's fast and easy but the other guys ways are probably more correct.
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

Banzai Ben

Mikey and I are leaving West LA around 2:00 tomorrow. Anyone else going out on the 10 fwy at that time?
If not we'll see whoever is there for dinner at 6:00.
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

Redsled

Quote from: PCH VIPER on March 13, 2013, 08:28:06 AM
Hey Matthew,
I wouldn't strap the A-arms.

If you look on the underside of the frame rails, there are elongated holes that you can put "j" hooks in.

THe rear ones are pretty easy to find, the front ones are right at the rear edge of the splitter.

This is what you are looking for. Very easy to tie down the car without putting stress on A-arms, wheels and possibly affecting alignment settings.
-Jonathan

ViperX

I use R hooks too with a chain link premanently attached to them. 

Helps with the ACR as it's pretty low.

Good luck,

Dan  <2

Derek

Awesome time yesterday at the track! i had a blast and my sister did as well! only took a half lap around the track to put a big smile on her face and her going whoo hooo!  >g

Wish i could have stayed longer and had lunch with everyone as well also but for those of you who don't know ive been in the process of looking to purchase a new bike. Ive been on the hunt for a great deal on a 2013 Yamaha Stryker!

so long story short I found a dealer that gave me a killer deal on one and i had to head out right away to scoop it up.

some pics of the new ride....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Making it Official!
I was very pleased with the customer service and the great deal i received at house of motorcycles in vista.

redtanrt10

Matthew, I have a set of r-hooks if youe need some.  I bought them a few years ago and didn't use them as I strap over the wheels.  Her's my email as I don't check this bord daily Mike
[email protected]