Drive Willow Springs with West Coast Racing October 6 & 7

Started by ViperX, July 23, 2012, 03:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hey Guys,

Our first group track event of the fall is coming up in only 10 weeks.

Drive the big track at Willow Springs with West Coast Racing October 6 & 7.

As usual, WCR has run groups for everyone, novice, intermediate, advanced and race.

Instruction is available, the track fees are low at only $245 for the weekend which includes 5 sessions per day, and there are always lots of other types of cars to pass.

Please let us know who is attending and if there is interest in a Group Dinner on Saturday night and we'll set it up.

WCR's contact info is on their website at:  www.westcoastracinginc.com or call 626 285-2024 or 626 285-2515.  You can also download event forms from their website.

FYI, Willow Springs has just informed us that K & K Insurance now requires a 5 point safety harness (or 6 point) and a roll bar on all convertible cars.

See you at the track,

Dan  <2

Driver's list:

Dan
Gary
Chris
Ben
Juan
Jon
Glenn
Scott H
Jim S
Mike B
Lance
Johnny Yuma

JonathanL

Dan, I should be able to make both October events.

I am sure I will email you plenty of questions between now and October :)

I appreciate all the advice you have given to me. And if there are any others that want to get track experience like me, these events should be very good learning experiences.

ViperX

Hey Jon,

Glad to hear this.

Will be glad to help.

Dan <2

G-Force aka Garry G

Count me in 100% for this event and 50% for ButtonWillow....  Yes we should have a dinner Saturday, the Viper guys Rock!..... I am going to be sporting my new set of Brembo GT-R brakes custom built for the Viper ACR.... I am also going to try and hit my best time at the track and aim for a 1:24 or 1:25 that would be insane!  My best time to date is a 1:26.8

NK BREKR

Hey Jonathan,

You will love the tracks, Buttonwillow can be a bit challenging, while Willow is FAST!  Dan is a great instructor and will provide you with a ton of knowledge.  Have fun.

Hey Gary,

Those are some lightning fast times, good luck on your quest to get below 1:25   Be sure to tape it for those of us who are not fast and can't make it to the track.

Banzai Ben

I'll be there and might even take the Viper instead of the Lotus to this one!   
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

G-Force aka Garry G

I will definitely have in car video with overlay of Speed, Throttle and Braking... I also got a new GoPro with the remote feature and will set up a really cool out side of the car shot on the drivers side so you can see my hands, track and racing line... Check out my YouTube Chanel and the 2nd or 3rd video down is my buddy Jesse chasing me, wow talk about fast hands.  That video is insane and I am going to try and set the same camera angle up, I didn't have to work nearly that hard.

http://www.youtube.com/garrygrantceo

Rocketman

I will see you all there.  Hopefully there will be some other backmarkers there too !

Jim
Jim
'02 GTS ACR  Gray/silver

Chandler AZ

redtanrt10

Quote from: Banzai Ben on July 26, 2012, 10:03:53 AM
I'll be there and might even take the Viper instead of the Lotus to this one!   

Do you still remember how to drive your ACR on the track???

Dan, count me in for Jim's event and saturday nights diner.

Mike

ViperX

Quote from: redtanrt10 on July 30, 2012, 11:05:18 AM

Mike

Mike,

Glad to hear you can make this one.  Looking forward to driving with you.  Remember to sign up in the RED group.  Just added the Mopar Race Controller and a Corsa Track Exhaust to my ACR (so I can hear it with the ear plugs in!)  Looking forward to driving it on the track again.

No headers yet.....

Dan  <2

HISSSN1

I 'm in but need to check my calendar at home that is right after V. O. I. will let you know it is right in my backyard.
2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2017 ACR E 1 of 1 Viper Detroit Battleship Gray
2019 Hellcat Redeye

10 BANGR

No Rollbar.  =16
No Harness.  >o
No Fun.  =17

Can I ride shot gun.  >v

Dang it.... No Harness there either.  =16

I'll spectate. >r
Demoe - 2006 SRT10 VERT BLACK / GRAPHITE METALLIC STRIPES

ViperX

Quote from: 10 BANGR on July 31, 2012, 07:03:38 PM
No Rollbar.  =16
No Harness.  >o
No Fun.  =17

Can I ride shot gun.  >v

Dang it.... No Harness there either.  =16

I'll spectate. >r

Hey Demoe,

Most of us experienced track guys have roll bars and passenger seats WITH harnesses, however there is usually a NO PASSENGER rule at Willow Springs while we are running at speed.

They do generally have "drive arounds" during lunch which allow us to drive our cars around the track at 60 mph or less.  These are surprisingly fun to do and passengers without helmets are allowed.

See you at the track,

Dan  <2

Banzai Ben

Quote from: redtanrt10 on July 30, 2012, 11:05:18 AM

Mike

Mike, I don't know. We'll see if I still can.  >m
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

ViperX

Quote from: Banzai Ben on August 01, 2012, 03:14:12 PM
Mike, I don't know. We'll see if I still can.  >m

My money is on you Ben, no doubt you can still drive your Viper on the track. 

You may spin your tires the first few times you accelerate out of a corner though .....  <2

Dan