Drive Willow Springs with West Coast Racing October 6 & 7

Started by ViperX, July 23, 2012, 03:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redtanrt10

Great time, weather was much cooler 75-90, light wind, crowd was thin.  6 vipers on Saturday, down to 3 by noon Sunday.  Video of a few sessions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUq0yEwEA_w

ViperX

Nice Video Mike.

That guy in the Mustang was a real PITA.  He should have let you pass when Chris and I passed him.

He lost his power steering later in the day and went home.

Dan  <2

PCH VIPER

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Scottp

Nice job Mike.......

Missed you guys - next time.

Scottp

Jay M

Quote from: ViperX on October 08, 2012, 10:13:30 AM
Hey Guys,

Great weekend at the track with some fast lap times run by all.

Jay got a chance to ride along with Rod Bean, a pro driver and instructor.  He seemed to enjoy his "ride along", but I'll let him comment on it.

Dan  <2

That ride along with Rod made the Nascar ride at Charlotte seem like Disneyland-- It was amazing!  It was almost comical to see his lowly old bone stock C5 Z06 blow past a 458 Italia... and everything else in that group.  We never did get a clean lap, but it was a great experience. 

Thanks again Dan for setting that up.

I'll post some pictures and maybe some video from the day tomorrow.

~Jay
2004 Convertible, Red, custom tan interior

Banzai Ben

Cool video Mike!
Looking good out there. No video of me oil spraying your windshield?
Turns out it was a leak in the oil pressure sensor fitting, nothing major.
Sorry about the oil spray.
It was really fun running with you guys.
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

redtanrt10

Ben,

The only video I have of you is in the hot pits, I think that session you took off fast, probably passed a couple of cars and I never caught you.

I wish I had the oil spray video!  those were some fun laps and in that or another session I had a good run with a porsche, the lambo and that orange Mustang.  After lunch I went to download the "card" and found out I had left it in the computer.  Wish you could have seen how much spray I took on in the lap or two.  I let a couple of cars by including the orange mustang and I saw later he had a ton of your oil spray too.

Glad it was just your oil fitting!  Unfortunately for Peter he punch a hole in his oil cooler.  You should see my car, it really glistens in the sun, maybe wash it next week. 

Hope to see you soon!

Mike

redtanrt10

Quote from: PCH VIPER on October 10, 2012, 08:48:48 PM
Great vid Mike !   >v
Fun to watch.

Thanks Lance, we missed you!  I had a couple of fun laps with a turbo porsche and Peter's friend in the black vette chasing me, wish I had the rear camera like you have!

Hope to see you Saturday

Mike

Jay M

2004 Convertible, Red, custom tan interior

Banzai Ben

Nice pics Jay, thanks for posting. Now I have some pics of my last event with the Lotus.  >v

Wow, I didn't know the Boss 302 was damaged that bad, that really sucks.

See you at Fontana in a couple of weeks.

Thanks
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue