AUTO X W/CORVETTE CLUB, INDIO

Started by Pam, December 05, 2011, 07:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan

This sounds like a fun event, but I have zero track experience. Is this something I should skip or can a "track newbie" like me do this?

ViperX

Quote from: Ryan on February 20, 2012, 12:08:40 PM
This sounds like a fun event, but I have zero track experience. Is this something I should skip or can a "track newbie" like me do this?

You should come out, drive and have fun.  This is a good starting point for a "newbie'.  Just take it easy at first and get a feel for the car, then pick up the pace as you become more comfortable.

You'll be glad you did.

Dan  <2

Ryan

Quote from: ViperX on February 20, 2012, 12:49:04 PM
You should come out, drive and have fun.  This is a good starting point for a "newbie'.  Just take it easy at first and get a feel for the car, then pick up the pace as you become more comfortable.

You'll be glad you did.

Dan  <2

Great, thanks for the info. Looks like I'll be going then, so I'll see you there.

PCH VIPER

Quote from: Derek on February 17, 2012, 09:45:19 PM
Me and my dad will be there EARLY Saturday morning and we will both be more than willing to help with the tracks cones and what ever may be needed. This will be my first time taking my baby and driving it hard,   <2  =15   So im sure ill be knocking some cones over but illl do my best not to. I'm defiantly willing to help out and work also while my car takes a break between runs.

so sign me and my dad up for helping out.

Hey Derek,
I'm glad Art was able to get your membership squared away.
We will be meeting at the Fantasy Springs Resort, taking care of our groups registration and liability forms.  We will then head over to the Fairgrounds as a group.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

PCH VIPER

Quote from: ViperX on February 18, 2012, 04:20:35 PM
Hey Lance,

We could offer to work the course, i.e. pick up cones for the first hour and let the Vette guys drive, then swap with them so that we could drive the second hour while they pick up cones?

Could be quite a dance if we are continually swapping out course workers.....just a thought.

Dan

We thought about that, but everyone agreed that it would be much more fun for everyone, as well as the public spectators, to see the Vipers and Vettes going "head to head"

The Boys and Girls Club will also have a bunch of young legs out there to help chase cones.  We just want to make sure that the Corvette Club members that are out there working the course get a chance to jump in their SLOW cars and have some fun too   <L

PCH VIPER

Time is running out for room reservations !!!
If you plan on spending the night out there, don't miss out on the great room rates.

hemotox

You know, I had to arrange the balloon and the advertising and get the Palm Springs City Council to allow the balloon fly-by, but I think it looks great.  Good advertising tool for the Club Event.  Great personal costs to arrange this image.

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

PCH VIPER

ViperX

Hey Doc,

You're getting pretty good on your computer.

Will we see you at the Auto X in Indio?

Hope all is well.

Dan  <2

hemotox

Computer???  I spent months arranging that flybye!  Hope Mrs ViperX is well. Maybe. Depends on the snowfall that week.

Derek

Quote from: PCH VIPER on February 22, 2012, 10:22:49 AM
Hey Derek,
I'm glad Art was able to get your membership squared away.
We will be meeting at the Fantasy Springs Resort, taking care of our groups registration and liability forms.  We will then head over to the Fairgrounds as a group.

do u happen to have the address to the  Fantasy Springs Resort so i know where we will all be meeting up?
and what time will we be meeting up?

PCH VIPER

Hey Derek,
I will be updating the first post in the next day or so with all the details and times.

The address for the Fantasy Springs Resort is 84-245 Indio Springs Pkwy,  Indio  CA  92203
We will be meeting in the west parking lot at 8:00 am and will be leaving PROMPTLY at 8:30 am

We need all the Vipers to meet us at the Resort so that we can complete all the registration, waivers and get numbers on the cars BEFORE we head over to the Fairgrounds. 

The course will open up at 9:00 am sharp and our block of time will end at 11:00.  If you don't show up at the Resort first to get registered, you will have to wait in the line at the Fairgrounds to get registered and lose valuable run time.

Pam

For those of you who are either new to owning a Viper or have not had an opportunity to drive an AutoX, please sign up and enjoy the day there!  The AutoX is something you can just compete with your own times.  It is an invaluable opportunity to push your Viper to your own limits and learn more about handling it in an environment that is safe.  You don't have to have any previous experience with the race track or drags.  The biggest challenge for many drivers is simply keeping the pattern of the cones in your mind and not going out of bounds.  (you're going to see plenty of that)  Driving an AutoX is one of the most exciting and enjoyable events our club participates in.  The course is short and twisty so you won't be doing a high speed. 
=15
If you need to borrow a helmet (they are required) let me know as we have a man's medium size and a small available.  They will have some helmets at the course you can borrow, but will have to be shared and taken off & put on with each run due to limited amount available.   Pam
Questions, comments or problems?  Email [email protected]

hemotox

I may be up in Palm Springs with family for Spring break weekend.  If so, I will be the SSG and meet you guys up there.   <2

ViperX

Tip for those of you that need to borrow helmets, you should go buy a "head sock".  Sube Sports in Huntington Beach, CA sells them and helmets too or you can buy them on line at Safe Racer among other racing suppliers.

One size "head sock" fits all. 

That way, you won't get any "kooties" from the previous helmet wearer.

Dan  =15