AUTO X W/CORVETTE CLUB, INDIO

Started by Pam, December 05, 2011, 07:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Quote from: ACRBruce on January 05, 2012, 10:05:55 PM
I have a set of barely scrubbed-in A6 that I'll be bringing.   =15

I have a set of barely scrubbed in A6's too.....but they've been in storage since 2009!  <21

Pam

It's time to start getting these room reservations made!  They're going to go fast, and we don't have a large block of rooms available.  Be sure to tell them you are with the SoCal Viper Club for the discounted rate of $149/night.  Anthony and Lance deserve lots of THANKS for setting up this event!  This whole weekend is really going to be fun and well planned by them. 
Questions, comments or problems?  Email [email protected]

Pam

OK, Viper Guys, you have just been presented with a challenge from the Palm Springs Corvette Club!
Shawn Hyman (Autocross Chairman for the Corvette Club) just emailed me to say, and I quote:  "Wait until you see the traveling trophy we have made.  By the way... I made it a traveling trophy because I don't expect it to travel far!!!"
>4
Also, they are now doing a combined charity function with ALS and the Boys & Girls Club of Cathedral City, with the proceeds from both of the events being split 50/50 with them. 

Now, we don't want that trophy to stay in the Palm Springs Corvette possession, do we???  ^8

ViperX

Sooo,

How many practice runs do we get?

Can we come out early and help them set up?  (Just kidding)

......and, I've got a big bet with Anthony and Lance, a diet coke to the one with the best time.  Anybody else interested?

Dan  <2

Pam

Another news-flash:  The Corvette Club will have a few extra helmets that can be loaned out, but HELMETS ARE REQUIRED, so please bring your own if you have one.  I have about a half dozen of those helmet liner things you can have to wear if you have to borrow a helmet and will have them on hand at the Drags and at the AutoX. 

Newport Viper

Melissa and I will come out on Saturday morning and stay the night! (Anyone what to play twlight Saturday?.. let me know ... GREAT course!

Friday is out with my commute and then the drive out to the desert... we wouldn't get there till 11pm anyways.

I just booked with the hotel. The room blocks are 21 left on Friday and 20 left on Saturday night.

The rest of the hotel is sold out!

DO NOT DELAY... BOOK TODAY!

Please post the run times for our group for Saturday AM... I have to get her ready to get out of bed weeks in advance... haha

(Dan please enter me in the runflat group) ;)
04 SRT-10

ViperX

Hey Dave,

Not sure if there are any "run classes".  Would need to speak with Pam about that.

Likely it's just gonna be "run what you brung".

We'll see.

Dan

Nino Valmassoi

Please add Nino and Ruth to the list. We will be there for all day Saturday.

Banzai Ben

Booked my room at Fantasy Springs.

Are there going to be different classes based on tires or other mods?
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

Newport Viper

Quote from: Banzai Ben on February 04, 2012, 09:57:03 AM
Booked my room at Fantasy Springs.

Are there going to be different classes based on tires or other mods?

I hope there is a "slow" category winner... Lance & I will shoot it out for that one...  >w
04 SRT-10

PCH VIPER

I took an early morning cruise out to PS this morning.  Anthony and I had breakfast with the Corvette Club Admins.

We will all run in the Sport class. 
Cars must be street legal.
No restrictions on tires.

The first 2 hours will be Vipers and Vettes only.  They will probably take the cumulative best 5 from each side to see who's Club is the winner. 

They are already talking smack !  And quite confident that we don't have a chance.   >4

In addition to this, there is the Overall best time for the entire day.  So if you lay down a blistering time to help our Club, your time will also be out there for the general public to also try and beat.   

We went over a lot of details and we got to take a brief look at the lot.  Looks like it will be a really fun day.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

PCH VIPER

If you are planning on spending the night, I cannot say this enough, book your room early !
It will be very busy in PS that weekend and all Hotels will be at max capacity and very expensive.

Newport Viper

what time does the run class with the Viper and Vettes start on Saturday AM? I can't make it out on Friday night so have to show up Sat AM
04 SRT-10

PCH VIPER

We need to be at the Fairgrounds at 8:30.
Start running at 9:00 and finish at 11:00

Banzai Ben

So, we will only run Saturday morning and after that is anything else on the agenda for the rest of the day?
Also, is anything happening Sunday? If not then I might cancel my room for Sat night.
Thanks.
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue