2012 JULY 14 Cruise to Mt. Baldy

Started by Pam, December 05, 2011, 04:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pam

JULY  14  Cruise to Mt. Baldy

Get ready to DRIVE !  We are going to run the ridge up to Mt Baldy.  This will be a challenging, scenic cruise up the mountain ridge.

Date:   July 14, 2012
Time:   9:30 am
Meet point:  Mobil Station located at 540 West Alosta Ave,  Glendora  CA  91740
Click here for route map

We will leave at 10:00 and make our way up to Mt Baldy on a very scenic and curvy ridge road.  

This may be one of the most challenging roads our Club has ever driven  ^2

We will have lunch at the historic Buckhorn Lodge which was opened in 1910.
It is currently owned and operated by Mrs. Unruh.  Mrs. Unruh was a Las Vegas Performer at the Frontier Hotel back in the day and her late husband Jesse Unruh was Speaker of the California Assembly and California campaign chair for both President Kennedy and Bobby Kennedy.

After visiting the Buckhorn Lodge and meeting with Mrs. Unruh, I knew this would be a great destination for a day run.  Mrs. Unruh has promised us her prime parking lot and a great lunch menu.
Cost will be $20.00 / person and you will have a choice of the following:

Giant Buckhorn Hot Dogs-  They are the Best!!!
Cheese Burgers-Turkey and veggie served with the works !!!!
Grilled Chicken Breast

All served with salad, fresh fruit, potato chips and a BUCKHORN COOKIE!!!

TAX AND GRATUITY INCLUDED
LEMONADE, COFFEE, AND TEA INCLUDED

In order to make things easier for them, cash would be greatly appreciated.

Attending:
1 Lance
2 Demoe +1
3 Albert
4 Jon L
5 Raj
6 Angel
7 Eddie R + 1
8 Steve B + 1
9 Scott H
10 Ryan B
11 Dan + 1
12 Scott & Pat
13 Jim & Judy
14 Jeff R
15 Joel
16 Bruce
17 Alan & Amara
18 John & Bridgit
19 John B
20 Cuz Mike
21 Jay M
22 Jim S
23 Mike & Cheryl
24 Anhtuan
25 Dan & Cathy
26 Dan Cragin
Questions, comments or problems?  Email [email protected]

PCH VIPER

Get ready for a great drive !!!  This will be one of the most challenging roads we have ever driven !     <2
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

10 BANGR

Demoe - 2006 SRT10 VERT BLACK / GRAPHITE METALLIC STRIPES

JonathanL

I am definately in for this.

FYI, I am thinking about hiking up to the summit after lunch if anyone is interested. I still need to research the trails better, but it looks like a 3 hour hike up, and roughly 1.5 down assuming the ski lifts are open to ride for a "shortcut".

PCH VIPER

Bring passengers that don't get car sick !   >w

This is one twisty road. 

Red Vip

>8

Put me down too... perhaps "offspring" might go as well...   ^8
***=====***

...Raj...
Red Vip

PCH VIPER

Quote from: JonathanL on June 26, 2012, 10:20:31 AM

FYI, I am thinking about hiking up to the summit after lunch if anyone is interested. I still need to research the trails better, but it looks like a 3 hour hike up, and roughly 1.5 down assuming the ski lifts are open to ride for a "shortcut".

I'm not sure if I will make the hike, but Mt Baldy is a very popular place for this.
Mt Baldy is the highest peak in L.A. at 10,688 feet.  If the weather stays as nice as it has been, the views will be spectacular.

ViperX

Quote from: JonathanL on June 26, 2012, 10:20:31 AM

Bring some oxygen.....

NK BREKR

Hey Dan,

Jon is a young lad, only us old folks need oxygen for that trek! O>

HISSSN1

I am in +1 hope the view is AWESOME.
2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2017 ACR E 1 of 1 Viper Detroit Battleship Gray
2019 Hellcat Redeye

AlbertFattal

ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE & BLOCKCHAIN
Science, Technology & Society
Computer Information Systems

https://AlbertFattal.com/

https://www.linkedin.com/in/albertfattal/

Badman

I'm in and maybe a passenger. Lynda does not do the twistys well.

Speedtactics

Will this be a time trial event? <2
Hirk is in
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

hemotox

This is also the French National Holiday, Bastille Day.  Bastille Day is the name given in English-speaking countries to the French National Day, which is celebrated on the 14th of July each year. In France, it is formally called La Fête Nationale (The National Celebration) and commonly le quatorze juillet (the fourteenth of July). It commemorates the 1790 Fête de la Fédération, held on the first anniversary of the storming of the Bastille on 14 July 1789; the anniversary of the storming of the Bastille fortress-prison was seen as a symbol of the uprising of the modern nation, and of the reconciliation of all the French inside the constitutional monarchy which preceded the First Republic, during the French Revolution. Festivities and official ceremonies are held all over France. The oldest and largest regular military parade in Europe is held on the morning of 14 July, on the Champs-Élysées avenue in Paris in front of the President of the Republic, French officials and foreign guests

So maybe Mrs. Unruh or PCHVIPER can arrange to have some Grey Poupon mustard for the hotdogs and hamburgers?  The road to Mt Baldy is spectacular, very tight section of corners, but no one will be driving fast so it should be an excellent run.  Notice the steepness of the mountains when you get to the top.  I had a 3 foot fresh  powder day on Mt Baldy, Feb 28th 1997 after the major El nino rains passed through LA Basin.  Still can remember looking from the top of the moutain into the LA basi in 3 feet of snow.  I can't make this one, will actually be in Paris on this day.  Have a great time.

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

Mr. Fangs

Paul & Teresa 09 Coupe