SPRING RUN TO BORREGO SPRINGS

Started by Pam, February 09, 2011, 05:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pam

SPRING RUN TO BORREGO SPRINGS
SATURDAY, MARCH 12

It's time to blow out some of those winter cobwebs and get the Vipers out on the road for a nice, spring run!  Lance has worked hard on convincing the DeANZA COUNTRY CLUB (a private golf club) to allow us to enjoy our lunch there, so we'll want to be on our good behavior when at the country club.  There is a DRESS CODE at the Country Club that we will be expected to observe:  No jeans, T-shirts, tank tops, or flip flops.  A collared polo shirt with shorts or casual slacks will be fine for the mepn.  Ladies, a nice blouse or top with some slacks, shorts, skirt or even a dress is acceptable, just no spaghetti straps.  If we enjoy this, we might want to come back next year, so while on the Country Club grounds we should drive sensibly with no extra loud rapping of the pipes.
                       That's not to say we can't have a little fun on the way!  <2

We will gather in Temecula and make the drive (about an hour and a half) to Borrego Springs, have lunch, socialize a bit and return.

THE PRICE FOR LUNCH will be $10.75 per person, inclusive of service chg & sales tax.  
SALAD BAR:  Caesar Salad, Fresh Fruit, Coleslaw
BBQ:  Hamburgers, Veggie Burgers, Grilled Breast of Chicken, Bratwurst Sausages, Sliced Tomatoes, Red Onion, Lettuce & all the Condiments.  Coffee & Tea included.  A no-host bar is also available.

PLEASE MEET AT THE CHEVRON IN TEMECULA AT 9:00 SO YOU CAN GAS UP, ETC., AND BE ON THE ROAD TO BORREGO SPRINGS BY 9:30 AM
THE CHEVRON'S ADDRESS IS: 31669 Temecula Parkway, Temecula  PLEASE CLICK HERE for map.  Take Hwy 79 off of I-15 and go a short ways up 79 (Temecula Pkwy).  The Chevron is on the right side.

San Diego area group:  We'll be waiting at the Park N Ride (I-15 & Hwy 76) to group-up and will pull out of there at 9:00AM so please arrive accordingly if you want to join the group traveling from there to the Temecula Chevron meeting point.  And, come on, folks!  Join in this run...it's in "our" area!  You don't have to "dress up", just dress as you would to be at a country club golf course. <u

>8 OC GROUP MEETS AT:

Krispy Kreme at the Block of Orange
330 The City Dr
Orange, CA 92868-3212  
7:45 leaving at 8:00

THOSE PLANNING TO GO:
Lance
Art
Winters
Ron & Nora
Paul & Teresa
Steve & Lynda
Richard & Charlene
Ruth & Nino
Brent
Steve & Carol
Dan & Mayo
Luke
Jim & Judy
Mikchael & Sarafina
Fast Eddie
Jim & Naomi
John & Bridgit
Joel & Madona
Tom & Shawn

We also have 18 cars from the Calico Cruisers out of Las Vegas joining us for this run !
This will be a lot of fun with all the cars going.
>g

Questions, comments or problems?  Email [email protected]

Speedtactics

Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

ViperX

No shorts????

Don't think I have any pants .....

PCH VIPER

Quote from: ViperX on February 09, 2011, 06:23:13 PM
No shorts????

Don't think I have any pants .....

This is a private golf club and the members do wear shorts, so I'd venture to say that shorts are ok, provided that they are not cutoff jeans.

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

NK BREKR

Now that the shorts issue has been taken care of, the next topic of concern is whether or not Lance will be attending since no flip flops are allowed >m 

Lance do you own any pair of closed toe shoes? I hear Doc has a vast collection of Cowboy boots that he's willing to let you peruse through if you want to go that route >v

ViperX

Good question Art.

I have a nice pair of sandals that I was planning to wear with my shorts .....  =20 =20 =20

Pam

You guys are all too good lookin' in your shorts & sandals to be restricted; and we ladies would miss all that handsome eye candy that we enjoy when around all you fine Viper-gents.   <t I keep forgetting, I'm no longer from the north.  This is SO Cal!  Lance has this run under control... he'll let us know what is OK!  Pam

HyperViper

Ron & Nora ..San Diego...08 Vert..Black w/ White Stripes

Pam

This run is fast approaching!  It would be good for us to have a count so Lance can let the Country Club know about how many to set up for lunch.  And it should be a real nice & fun run on up the Borrego Springs.  Anyone planing to go? <2

Mr. Fangs

Teresa and I will be in town that day. Count us in... >r
Paul & Teresa 09 Coupe

Badman

Lynda and Steve are in.  OC caravan???

Nino Valmassoi

Please add Ruth and Nino to the list.  Do birthday suits count as formal dress? <11

Bad News

See the addition to the post for the SAN DIEGO GROUP meeting point for the ride to Temecula... we'll be waiting at the Park N Ride and will pull out at 8:25M for the short run to the Chevron (31669 Temecula Parkway on Rt. side not far off I-15) where we'll meet the rest of the group which is leaving at 9AM to head to Borrego Springs.  Come, San Diego area group!  SIGN UP!  It's going to be fun. 
'01 Red RT10

Radical Guy

2004 SRT-10

Mr. Fangs

One of the joys of Borrego Springs (in addition to the nice curvy road getting there) is the abundance of wildflowers when the weather is just right. Since this is difficult to predict in advance the Chamber of Commerce provides a wildflower hot line to call before you go to determine the best viewing spots.

The most recent freeze has reduced the show from just a week ago, but more flowers will be produced from last weeks rain too.

Feel free to call 760-767-4684 before going to get the latest wild flower recorded updates. >r
Paul & Teresa 09 Coupe