ANGELES CREST RUN - Sat. July 16

Started by Pam, January 22, 2011, 09:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pam

ANGELES CREST RUN
JULY 16, SATURDAY

This is a new take on a run we did last year.  We'll start where I-15 and I-215 converge in the San Bernadino area and will drive on up the 15 to Highway 138.  At that point we'll drive up highway 138 through the little town of Wrightwood, heading to the NEWCOMB'S RESTAURANT & BAR for lunch.  This is the same great restaurant we stopped at last year on the Mt.Wilson run.  There's beautiful scenic views of the San Gabriel Mountains from the restaurant, land you're going to enjoy that and other spectacular scenery on the rest of the drive.  Lots of nice, twisty road to challenge the drivers.  

STARTING POINT:  PETRA SHELL STATION 1677 Devore Rd, San Bernadino (just off I-15/I-215) in the Devore Heights area.  CLICK HERE FOR MAP TO SHELL STN
PLEASE BE AT THE SHELL STN BY 10:30AM SO WE CAN ALL LEAVE ON THE CRUISE BY 11AM.
It's about an hour and half on up to the restaurant from there.  
From the restaurant, it's your choice how you head back down the mountain and homeward.  You can continue on down towards LaCanada (where we started last year on the Mt.Wilson run) or double back towards the I-15.  

Bring your cameras ... this is a scenic run!  >u
GROUPS FORMING TO MEET AT FINAL GATHERING POINT (Shell Stn):

YOU ALL KNOW THE DRILL:  WE NEED TO LET THE RESTAURANT KNOW ABOUT HOW MANY TO EXPECT, SO PLEASE SIGN UP!  (although we'd never turn away a last-minute attendee who hasn't signed up!)
=15
ATTENDEES:

Eddie
Art
Luke
Paul & Teresa
Steve & Guest
Richard & Charlene
Jason & Sarah
Ron & Patsy
Eddie & Michelle
Ruth & Nino
Craig & Dolly
John & Bridgit
ztom & Shawn
Questions, comments or problems?  Email [email protected]

hemotox

Can't make this one, will be in Berlin at a meeting.  >o

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

NK BREKR

Speedy Gonzales

I can't make it either me and my super model wife will be in virgina racing at vir!  <11
Chris
AMS Flooring

Luke

Hope all is well for everyone! Should be another great event. Count me in!

Super Villain

"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

Mr. Fangs

Paul & Teresa are looking forward to this "running of the mountain"  <m
Paul & Teresa 09 Coupe

Badman

PCH VIPER

Check out this cool map that Paul Hawker found:

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

fyron

ViperX

Hope the 405 Fwy closure doesn't mess this run up.

HISSSN1

Eddie and Michelle are in see you on Saturday.   <2
2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2017 ACR E 1 of 1 Viper Detroit Battleship Gray
2019 Hellcat Redeye

Nino Valmassoi

Please add Ruth and Nino to the list.

CAP

Count on Craig and Dolly.

Lance, you meeting at Spaghettini's?