ANGELES CREST RUN - Sat. July 16

Started by Pam, January 22, 2011, 09:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

6 speed

John & Bridgit plan on being there.

Mr. Fangs

Looks like the weather is going to be fantastic for this trip.

Bring your cameras... >u
Paul & Teresa 09 Coupe

OriginalRoot

O> Joel will try to make it ..... I live at the 405 & 10, unsure how Stupid traffic will be !

PCH VIPER

For anyone interested:
Bring your bathing suit along.  After lunch Michael Greenberg has invited us to his place for a dip in the pool and Pizza. >v
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Mr. Fangs

But wait...there's more.

After Greenberg's pool/pizza party (bring suits) we may have to opportunity to visit a porsche race preparation facility.

Details still being firmed up at the last minute. Details at the drivers meeting at 10:30 at the Shell station.

This might turn out to have the option of a longer cruise, so everybody might want to top off their tanks at the Shell.

Paul
Paul & Teresa 09 Coupe

hemotox

Excellent turn-out today.  Glad I changed my flight til tomrrow.  Really nice run along the crest.  Few rocks, but keeping the enough distance, it was not a problem.  Nice to see Arturo in the blue snake.

Sorry OriginalRoot and I had to leave, as we were not sure about the 405 closure and traffic to West LA.  It was the best travel day, straight through to west LA.  We need to take down bridges and close the freeways more often  =27

Some images from the run.

Back side of Mt Wilson

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

PCH VIPER

Thanks for taking and posting pictures Hemotox !
Thank You Paul and Richard for leading the group.

I'm bummed I missed the run.
I love driving Angeles Crest.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Mr. Fangs

Our pleasure Lance.

We had 14 Vipers turn out at the start, with a couple others joining up on the way.

We only got lost once, but that allowed us a short trip into the town of Wrightwood for a little tourist action.

The road along Angeles crest had just been repaved, so the cruise was perfect for our Vipers.

A bit of construction allowed us to stop for a couple minutes to take in the spectacular clear views, and fresh mountain air.

We shared the road with groups of Harleys and sports bikes that also came out to enjoy the great weather. <o

It was a hoot to watch the sports bikes pull over to let the Vipers slither through >j

The restaurant had a private dining room all set up for us, and the food was good and filling.

After lunch a bunch of us continued down the hill to La Canada, stopped in for a Baskin Robbins break, and then the long haul back down the freeway.

Thanks for setting up this great run. The restaurant owner took a moment to thank us for coming, and welcomed us back next year.

Fun time indeed. <L

Paul & Teresa 09 Coupe